BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United V Brfc 3 - 1 Wham

Ozz

records from last season suggest we are a bottom table team......... thus i would prefer ROVERS to win this to distance ourseleves from the potential bottom table teams to prove that we are serious EUROPE contenders!!!! winning this would mean a 6 points gain cuz we are being categorize as the the same group as west ham.............. relegation strugglers!!!!!!!

mean no offence to west ham........ but no matter how good they use to be, how well was their credentials........ however the fact here is ...... they just gt promoted. that would mean a potential relegation struggler! thus my verdict would be a 2-0 win for rovers!!!!!!!!

please ROVERS........ Europe miss us..... hahahahaha laugh.gif

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, i think people are getting carried away on here saying we'll win 3-0 & 4-0 and all this.

In honesty, i think we would all accept a point from this difficult first game.

Im going for 1-1. Kuqi to score biggrin.gif

To be honest, i think people are getting carried away on here saying we'll win 3-0 & 4-0 and all this.

In honesty, i think we would all accept a point from this difficult first game.

Im going for 1-1. Kuqi to score  biggrin.gif

338457[/snapback]

Mark trust you, if we draw tomorrow i'll blame your negativity lol

biggrin.gif

Anyone got any ideas of a pub before the game?

338459[/snapback]

I'm going into a pub not far from the ground.. i know a couple of west ham fans who said it's open to away fans too.. and it's not far from then station or the ground.. i think it's called the queens i will get back with the name

I expect Rovers to win tomorrow. 2-1 is my prediction.

338465[/snapback]

I'd don't want to make a pointless and obvious comment, but is the above post (Vinjays 74th) the first one NOT to mention the Walker family ?

Keep it up Vinjay lad. (but 1 in 74 still isn't a good average wink.gif ).

As for pubs .... I've never found a decent away friendly pub near the ground (which is partly why I didn't add anything to the away guide section for this game).

Anyone from the London branch care to let us know where you're drinking ?

The London branch used to drink in a pub in Whitechapel with some bizarre name that ended in Head (not like the kings head or the queens head)

But regardless, last time I went that way it wasn't there anymore.

That was helpful wasn't it! thumbs-up.gif

Edited by Lee

My cousin has just decided that he wants to go see the game tomorrow down london.

However, we are both concerned that he wont be able to get a ticket at the gate.

Anyone with any info regarding the tickets and any suggestions as if he should gamble it, because its a long way to go gamble!

Are you and Orvil going by train?

We'll be at Euston about 11ish then onto an ale house.

338518[/snapback]

Yes, i'll be arriving into Euston about 11ish aswell i think.

Think Jordan gets into Kings Cross at about the same time.

I would assume that as no-one has replied they don't know the answer to your question!

Edit: I have found the following information:

From the WHUFC Site:

Sat 13th Aug 2005            Blackburn Rovers          3.00pm  Category B Match

Please note that tickets for the above match have now SOLD OUT.

And from our Official Site:

Supporters are advised to purchase their tickets in advance as it is unlikely that there will be any tickets available on the day of the match.

Edited by roversmum

This should be a really interesting game. From West Ham's point of view this is one of those gmes that they cannot afford to loose, in fact with home advantage this may be earmarked as one of their potential wins. Rovers fans under Hughes have higher expectations, and justifiably will be expecting at least a point. Added to which the first few games can really set the tone for the new season, a few early wins will see us looking away from relegation and towards challenging for a uefa place, whilst a couple of early defeats and we could be in for an antsy ride.

I reckon that not loosing is paramount to all three points, especially as the onus is on West Ham to capitalise on one of the supposedly "easier" games. For both these reasons I'd go for the 4-5-1, especially if Nelsen and Bellamy are out as:

- this plays to our strengths and is a fromation we're familiar with

- will make it easier to break up West Hams attacks, I'm seeing a similar game to our home game vs Palace last season where the they needed the points more and the 4-5-1 helped us break up their attacks and counter attack quickly.

- We showed last season against the lesser teams that we can play 4-5-1 and still play some nice football.

Assuming the worst on the injury front my team would be 4-5-1:

Brad, Neill, Todd, Matteo, Gresko, Moko, Emerton, Savage, Reid, Pederson, Kuqi.

West Ham are fast, and I'd be a tad worried with Matteo at full bacck given their wingers pace. Neill is in for an equally busy afternoon as that Ethrington's a bit good. However Matteo in the centre with the Axe in front of him I reckon that his pace won't be exposed and he can concentrate on the stronger aspects of his game such as his heading. Neill and Gresko are both capable and need to get forward a fair bit to pin back the West Ham wingers if we're to win.

In an ideal world Pederson and Emerton will play a similar role to Robben and Duff and support Kuqi quickly. The good pre-season he's had calms some of my fears about him playing alone up front in the Premiership, but nevertheless he'll still need the support from midifeld especially as he's still untested at Premiership level. Fortunately all our midfield is capable of doing this.

Substitute wise I believe we've got two very tasty options to come off the bench in Dickov and Tugs. Dickov to me is more of a substitute kind of guy, especially since his link up play is appalling, either coming on as a third striker where needed, or when a games won/comfortable to rest one of our first choice strikers. The guy's not a complete duffer though and given the youth of West Hams defence twenty minutes of Dickov tearing around could really scare them into letting a goal slip. Tugay's another person who could wreck havoc in the West Ham lines in the last 20 mins when the game's slowed down. West Ham play a fairly open game and this should hopefully allow Tugs to get a few killer passes in.

Overall I'm optimistic, Rovers are worth at least a point but in a tight game which Rovers are marginally better, we'll sneak it 1-0.

I agree that if bellamy and nelsen are out then we should definatly go back to 4-5-1.

I think this season we will really see the benefit of all of those boring games in which we played in this way beacuse we didnt have 2 good enough strikers. because last season we learnt how to play in this way it means that when it comes to some hard games, like newcastle away and everton away we have the knowledge and skill to just keep in the game, soak up some pressure and then pounce.

although we didnt ejoy watching it last season it turn this season into a great season and not just a normal one in which we are struggling mid way up the bottom half of the table.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.