BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

we cant loan him or we will be short with options up front.

he's done alright when he has played this season and been praised by M.H, against newcastle he was our biggest threat but i can't understand why as he didn't play on saturday, he should of had a game for the reserves for match fitness and practise?

must be an slight injury or maybe they are working on something top secret blink.gif

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I was castigated earlier in this thread...I still believe that he is finished in the top flight....not quick enough...players who lack pace need a certain amount of agression to their play...ie Dickov, Kuqi.........Jansen has neither.......His speed of thought is clearly lacking....I just think that the Championship is now his level....

Its sad, but true....

Edited by Sparky Marky

Is Jansen injured?

Would have thought some match practise for the reserves would do him good.....

351008[/snapback]

He seems to resurface at irregular intervals to play a first team game and earn public words of encouragement from Hughes - only to disappear again after that.

So is he injured?

Jansen was never that quick anyway, was he? Skillful etc and quick enough to get past his man when he'd done him for skill, but not defence splittingly quick IMO.

351136[/snapback]

Well thanks for waiting a month to respond to that one... and thanks for unearthing a "dig" I was having at Kuqi just a few days after he gets offf the mark and shows great composure (and pace to get to the ball in the firtst place) to finish through the keepers legs and prove that indeed I know nothing....

As for Jansen, I agree he is/was not the fastest but I felt he was faster than Dickov/Kuqi which were the only other senior options availble at Bolton where I stand by my comment that at Bolton we looking for them to come on to us and then do them on the counter..... which is why I think he started with Jansen.

Edited by OscarRaven

I may be mistaken, but isn't Kuqi quite fast? That is at least the impression he's given me.

351412[/snapback]

There's "fast" and there's brick sh1t-house coming at you.

If you are a defender there may not be time to mull over the nuances smile.gif

Re Matty: why hasn't he been loaned out again to get some decent games under his belt. Surely there must be clubs out there who would love to take a player of his calibre and give him a few games. Send him to Stockport County, it's next door to where he lives and he could enjoy himself taking the mickey out of division 1 defenders.

Edited by colin

There's "fast" and there's brick sh1t-house coming at you.

If you are a defender there may not be time to mull over the nuances smile.gif

Re Matty: why hasn't he been loaned out again to get some decent games under his belt. Surely there must be clubs out there who would love to take a player of his calibre and give him a few games. Send him to Stockport County, it's next door to where he lives and he could enjoy himself taking the mickey out of division 1 defenders.

351415[/snapback]

You're right, but then what if we pick a couple of injuries? With Gally gone we'd be in trouble. It had to be one or the other.

Agree....Kuqi seems to be a confidence player....The thing is, he gets into the positions to score....but has been missing prior to saturday....hopefully these two will propel him.

351469[/snapback]

Thats what I feel Kuqi is as well as he proved in previous games hes capable of being in the right place but his finishing let him down. I hope those 2 goals on Saturday will give him confidence, and lets face it once he outpaced Dickov to latch onto the awful passback he was never going to miss.(Well duh)

Kuqi has the first touch of a cart horse. He will never be a front line striker, but he can cause trouble for opponents purely through his work rate and his strength. I've been impressed with him so far this season as he gives us another dimension that we have not had for a while - a big lump to knock long balls to and to kick/elbow/batter centre halves.

I have it on relatively good authority that Jansen is now on a pay as you go contract. He gets nothing unless he plays. He was quite happy with that as he hopes it will push him on and give him the motivation to deal with his mental demons. He has no desire to play anywhere else, and wants to make things right at Rovers who stood by him throughout his injury troubles.

Edited by Cheshireblue

He has no desire to play anywhere else, and wants to make things right at Rovers who stood by him throughout his injury troubles.

351519[/snapback]

The best way he could do that is by playing regular . Preston are a bit skint and would surely welcome him if they have to sell in the forseeable....

Rovers have rejected Preston's approach for Jansen so he's obviously part of Hughes' plans, even if only as 4th choice striker.

351857[/snapback]

I want Matty to stay and be great more than anyone but I would have loved to see him playing again week in week out showing all of those non believers out there what we threw away.

I just wonder if the bid would have been rejected if Bellers were to be fit wink.gif

One thing Jansen lacks is agression.  Ive never seen him get upset or anything....

And it really doesn't go well in a team like ours.

351945[/snapback]

You can have aggression and still not get upset. That's the best way to be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.