BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

Thank goodness, someone on here (Simon Says) shows a little balance and perspective rather than beating the drum according to bias and agenda, and twisting the "facts".

Brian Kidd bought him, he was talented but ran up blind alleys; Souness took over and sorted him out so he was effective without diluting his talent ... we all know what happened afterwards.

It's a personal tragedy for Jansen, and sad for Blackburn. Crazy how someone's life can change in a heartbeat.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think jansen will get a run in the side before long, against bolton he was up front on his own and didn't get any service and when he came on against newcastle and villa we were chasing the game and he done well.

i think if he gets a run in the side with bellamy along side him he will get chances, he just has to bury them and keep his place in the side.

I'd like to see him play along side Bellamy at least once, just to see what he looks like. I've never been a fan of Dickov's, but he is scoring goals and deserves his place in the team. Jansen will have to be content with coming off the bench at the moment. It would have been ideal for him to come on against Charlton, but Hughes opted for Kuqi. We all know what Kuqi can and cannot do and even though he set up the fourth goal, it would have been good to Jansen get a run out. The club don't owe anything to Jansen and if Hughes thinks he deserves a game, then he'll get one. I hope that he does.

Hiya Lads.

Is Matty Jansen good enough to play in the English Premier Division. He is one of my Favourite all time players, i think he is well good, and deserves a chance! But i am growing tired of the wait to see him?

tinykit.gif

Merged.

jansenpresty10@wales - this was being discussed on a thread on the same page.

Edited by den

I think this has been pretty well discussed, and is still being discussed, in the "is he back thread". The thing is though, until he gets a run in the team the Jansen fans will never give up on the idea of him making a return, yet, until he proves himself to be good enough, none of the doubters will want to see him having a run in the team. Bit of a catch 22 really.

• 1 month later...

Well it would have been a fairy tale for him to have truly come back.

He will be the last piece of the "old school" which remained, from the side that got relegated and then brought us back up (Dunn, Duff, now Jansen).

Always liked him. Destiny and fate are something else. If only that Stupid Swede had called him up to the WC, it couldve been a whole lot different.

I reckon he may have to drop down a division if he is ever to come back to his best.

he showed signs of coming back getting a few goals dont see why hughes renewed his contract if he wernt planning on playing him what jansen needs now is a manager that doesnt play it safe and is prepared to take risks by giving a shot at making a come back.

well he's 5th in the pecking order behind bellamy, kuqi, bentley and dickov.

bellamy is injured at the moment, so he has made the bench and even come on against west ham in the 90+mins!!

if he's not playing, he cant prove himself, he needs a run of games but will hughes take the risk??

got a funny feeling he is starting against fulham!!

I dont think MH would have given him a contract if he had no intentions of ever playing him. I know he is not on big money anymore but if he plays I am sure he will still get a hefty wage packet. Rovers are hardly a club that throws money away these days withstupid.gif

It's a bit strange he doesn't play for the reserves. I know that reserve football's hardly the pre-cursor to Prem football but it would, you would think, keep him match fit and give him a bit of confidence (if he nabs a few goals). I'm sure Hughes has his reasons.

In my opinion Hughes has no desire to play jansen in the first team.  I think it is about time somebody was straight with the guy and told him asuch.

It's a real shame and I would certainly prefer him to start over kuq, Dickov and maybe Bentley.

367181[/snapback]

I'm sure Matts been told plenty of times. Make no mistake if he was anywhere near his old self Hughes would be playing him every week.

Everybody should just forget him cos he's finished at this level. Meanwhile Matty owes the Rovers plenty, they've stood by him commendably since his accident. In my opinion he's only still around doe to kindness because he must have invalidated his insurance climbing on a motorbike in the first place, and has no other means of supporting his lifestyle. I read that he was on an appearence based contract which explains the odd appearence on the bench and the even rarer appearence on the pitch. Was his 90 seconds v West Ham a ploy to waste time or a necessary requirement of his current contract? Or maybe even a necessary move to satisfy the requirements of his current insurance policy.

As for somebody whingeing about a stupid swede, has nobody thought the probable outcome through? If Matt had gone to the WC and played a starring role then he'd probably have been snapped up by another club as soon as the teams plane touched down back in blighty, and all we'd have would be yet another ex-golden boy to boo at twice a season. I'm sure that most people have noticed that as it stands at the minute nobody else appears to want him.

Anybody seen "Sliding doors"? rover.gif

Edited by Yorick

I too agree that he's had it. It is a shame, fans want him to return to what he was, but I seriously dobut that it will happen. It is now over 3 years, his prime is passing him by. He will be back at Carlisle soon.

367211[/snapback]

I can't believe that this time 3 and a half years ago he was nearly in the side going to the World Cup, and since then he's hardly kicked a ball.

It's a real shame for a nice lad, but them's the breaks.

Lets hope he gets a chance and can take it this season as otherwise he's going in the summer I think.

Well, if he continues scoring and we still look weak up front come January then we pretty much have to have him back.

The leagues are worlds apart in terms of standard, but a scorer is a scorer. Bellamy and Gallagher could work, although a little lightweight, but then Bentley is hardly a beast himself.

Edited by joey_big_nose

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.