BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 - 0 spurs match review

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see how they enjoy a cold, rough night match up north shall we...

340607[/snapback]

It's chucking it down up here, cold, windy, wet, horrible. Could effect the gate - but I doubt it. 8,450.

Spurs won't like this one little bit. How's Davids going to get on in the rain? Surely it can't help. I'm going to have to go for a draw though, looks like they're finally getting a decent team together instead of just trying to kid themselves and everyone else.

1 - 1. Kuqi for us - he does that "star dive" thing after scoring though and ends up skidding in the wet into the River Darwen. Ricky Villa for Spurs.

Spurs won't like this one little bit. How's Davids going to get on in the rain?

341338[/snapback]

He's dutch, it's probably about as wet as Lancs in the Netherlands. The only worry is that he will need window wipers. tongue.gif

user posted image

I think we can look forward to a good game tonight. Unfortunatly it's one we might lose. Spurs have a touch of class about them now. I would quite gladly take a point.

I would put Mokoena in the middle, shift Reid out to the wing and bench Emerton. This is a big game for Robbie Savage, he should be approaching match fitness how will he handle the collosus that is Edgar Davids?

2-3 Spurs - Kuqi to score

On another note is the draw for the league cup 2nd round tonight? I'm sure this is where we come in. Burnley at home please.

On another note is the draw for the league cup 2nd round tonight? I'm sure this is where we come in. Burnley at home please.

341405[/snapback]

The draw is on Saturday according to Gaby Roslin.

Champions League tomorrow

For all our possesion on Saturday it was still a poor Fulham side that we made hard work of beating, and Spurs will be a totally different opposition.

For all Kuqi's huffing and puffing on Saturday, he looked bereft of the requirements of a Striker for the Premiership but something endears me too him. Doubt he will score with just himself up front but I think he will complement a fit Bellamy very well.

With Spurs yet to concede, and keeping a blank against a better forward line up of Boro compared to ours I would concede a defeat - however considering we are at home and on a bit of boost from a win, a draw looks the most likely outcome.

3 V 3

Shearer and Klinsmann hatricks

The draw is on Saturday according to Gaby Roslin.

Champions League tomorrow

For all our possesion on Saturday it was still a poor Fulham side that we made hard work of beating, and Spurs will be a totally different opposition.

341422[/snapback]

Its very rare that a losing team actually plays well in a game. Im sure that West Ham fans though the same when they beat us though

1-1 draw is my prediction. Heart says 2-1 rovers. thumbs-up.gif

kuqi (can't wait to see his swan-like celebration rolleyes.gif ) for us, keane for them.

Spurs not as formidable as what papers said. A defense consists of ;

Stalteri - not proven yet,

Dawson - championship level still learning,

Gardner - doggy for me,

Edman - that looks better, uncompromise player,

doesn't strike fear to many premiership strikers at all. If we can up our tempo earlier on like what we did last sat and nick 1 or 2 goals before ht. We will definitely stands a great chance to win it.

Go for it rovers! rover.gif

ROVERS: Friedel, Neill, Todd ©, Nelsen, Matteo, Emerton, Reid, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen, Kuqi. Subs: Enckelman, Gresko, Mokoena, Jansen, Johnson.

TOTTENHAM: Robinson, Tainio, Stalteri, Mendes, Keane ©, Brown, Edman, Mido, Reid, Dawson, Gardner. Subs: Cerny, Naybet, Davids, Defoe, Carrick.

Are tottenham really that arrogant that they are putting both Defoe and Davids on the bench?

A lot will depend on Tugays mood today.

341469[/snapback]

he will play good i hope because he will be in a good mod because he is 35 today i was glad when i saw defoe and davids being rested get a couple of goals when they are of and we can beat them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.