SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 - 1 Fulham

friedel

neil/todd/nelson/gresko

savage

emerton/reid/tugay/mgp

kuqi

optomistic. 0-0 after 55mins, sub (jansen for emerton) he get 3 chances, 3 goals, blackburn end go wild!!

coleman is warming up his subs on their exersise bikes and the blackburn bully boy subs come along on their motorbike scramblers and kick them off biggrin.gif

obviously no peds as jansen would have a fit!!

82mins, sub (axe for tugay) tugay is knacked and the axe comes on to sure things up, fulham have given up and are left wanting, we are showing a pure class passing games and running rings around them, a kuqi brace in injury time for 4.0

realistic. i just want too win, i hate fulham and with jack walker this week and everything i would be well chuffed with the 3 points!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think mark lawerensons presdiction is as good as mine, the bbc really do hate us!!

shame matty J isn't in the squad.

Blackburn v Fulham

Full match preview

A match up between the two Welsh managers - Blackburn had a poor start and I'm looking at both teams and wondering where the goals are going to come from.

Blackburn's Craig Bellamy is not a goalscorer. At best he's a one-in-three striker and that doesn't constitute a goalscorer for me. Not a game I'd probably travel to see if I'm honest.

Verdict: 1-1

Jansen not even in the squad. Already feel deflated about this coming season. I really dont see anything to make me feel optimism. Its been a while since I felt any real long-lasting optimism that didnt die off quickly after the next match.

I change my prediction to 1-2 Fulham.

well we have gally,kuqi,jj and jansen to choose from upfront for this match id go for kuqi playing and jansen and gallagher on the bench

340144[/snapback]

Bobby G  Today, 15:30 Post #79 

Uefa Cup

Group: Members

Jansen not even in the squad.

Mmmm - know something we don't p32

My predictin will have to be a draw, so I am going to go for 2-1.

With Tony Warner in goals I expect us to win. If Cardiff City dont want him in the Championship then he's a good bet to get goals against. Plus, my mates who are Cardiff City supporters say he is ###### and crap at crosses.

Touch Wood he will be ###### tomorrow.

Kuqi and Pedersen to score for Rovers.

Nice to see the Admiral back.

Guest Vinjay

4-5-1 probably but if Kuqi does have a partner I want to see Paul Gallagher with hims seeing as he's a little more experienced than Jemal and did well against Fulham last year..

4-5-1 probably but if Kuqi does have a partner I want to see Paul Gallagher with hims seeing as he's a little more experienced than Jemal and did well against Fulham last year..

340191[/snapback]

When I saw you'd posted I thought you were going to suggest they wheel jack out and stand his coffin in the goalmouth. If the ball bounced off the casket and went in, at least it would have shown commitment from one of the family.

Good post percy.

The only problem with playing Reid on the right is that mostly he hasn't looked that impressive on the right. It's only whilst in the centre that his form has significantly improved. Having said that, after the West Ham game it seems Savage and reid though both good players may not be an ideal partnership(although is not a certainty as yet as they haven't played much together as a 2 man centre midfield.) With Moko behind them to cover defensively I believe that a three man central midfield would be our best bet of not only containing Fulham, but give us the best chance of Savage or Reid getting forward to contribute to the attack. And despite a poor performance last week Moko has shown that he can excel in the defensive mid position. Along with his excellent attitude we shouldn't write him off just yet.

Emerton however seems to need a constant kick up the backside. Dropping him to the bench seems the best way of motivating and getting the best out of him. Sadly the competition on the right side of midfield is somewhat limited. With us reverting most likely to a 4-5-1 in midfield I'd be very tempted to give Gally a game on the right. This would give us more of an attacking threat and with a three man central midfield we should have enough cover defensively to make up for Gally being a bit of a lightweight defensively. Furthermore it gives Emerton the message to buck his ideas up.

Alternatively Tugs could go in the centre and Reid out right. However with Bellamy out Tugs passing ability becomes less of a weapon, as well as being detrimental to Reid's overall game and performance, so I'd leave Tugs on the bench for now. And one bad performance from Todd and Moko does not mean that they should be written off, although I'd still steer clear of Moko at cb unless part of a 5 man defence or the alternative is Amoruso. Matteo could play a big part as third chocie cb this year.

Assuming there are no suprises regarding fitness:

Friedel

Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Gresko

Moko

Gally, Reid, Sav, MGP

Kuqi

subs Enks, Matteo, Tugay, Emerton, Flitty

Due to the injuries we had atm.. I reckon we are back to the famillar 4141 formation.

Hughes prefered 4141 lineup will be,

Friedel

Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Matteo

Moko

Emerton, Reid, Savage, Pedersen

Kuqi

But being at home turf, we got to be more positive getting forward. wink.gif

My prefered line up would be a more versatile 4231,

Friedel

Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Matteo

Moko, Savage

Gally, Reid, Pedersen

Kuqi

Giving gally, reid and pedersen more freedom to get in and support kuqi.

Prediction for me would be,

4141 - 0-0 stalemate

4231 - 2-1 rovers

Go rovers!! rover.gif

Is Gresko fully fit yet, because i would have him at left back ahead of Matteo, i just think Matteo is our weak link in our defence if we have a full strength back four.

C'mon Rovers

Friedel

Neil, Todd, Nelsen, Gresko/Matteo

Emerton, Savage, Mokoena, Reid, MGP

Kuqi

I've only put Emerton in the team as we can then have Reid making things happen in midfield. Hopefully MGP and Emerton can push up and get some decent crosses in for Kuqi then we can sneak a 1-0 win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.