BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Xbox 360

Guest Kamy100

Is it true the PS3 will be 2x more powerful than X box 360 and something like 15x more than the Nintendo? It says it on a number of website, but someone i know says Sony and Microsoft etc always try n promote their consoles by giving false figures etc? Does anyone actually know which machine will be best?

339954[/snapback]

I have seen that but firstly i wud like to say playstation always ship a lower spec console than wot they say

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-19..._features_image

Link to it all but wot they forget to add is that ps3 is 1 core cpu wen teh xbox 3 is a 3 core cpu abit like 3 cpus in one in simple terms and look at bottom at the bandwidths cos thats wot matters xbox got over 200gig worth wen ps3 only got 22.5gig max.

Also everything in the xbox 360 was tweaked to get best performance out off it like the graphics stuff was made and then edited and edited to gt best out off ti same with teh cpu and other things so these are NONE standard things and wont be able to get for ya pc

yeah i like the xbox mroe than ps3 the only good thing about ps3 is its got like 5 years worth off games gonna be able to be played on it

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to the board.

You're obviously an MS fan-boy (and I'm unashamed I'm a Sony fan-boy), so I thought I'd point out a few inaccuracies in your posts. Quoting that gamespot article was good becuase you actually do what the article claims and lift uncomparable statistics and quote them whilst seeming not to have a full grasp of what they mean.

They wasnt going to put hard drive in but had to to make it backwards compatible wit older games

They haven't put a hard drive in it ! The initial CORE model that gets released will not come with a HD but it can be bought as a peripheral, the premium package comes with an EXTERNAL HD included. It therefore ISN'T backwardsly compatable unless you purchase a HD.

Link to it all but wot they forget to add is that ps3 is 1 core cpu wen teh xbox 3 is a 3 core cpu abit like 3 cpus in one in simple terms

Yes, but each PS3 core consists of 8 cells, the XB360 only 3. To quote the articles sumization of CPU cores. "You might be able to call the Cell's SPEs overgrown math units, but we think Sony's Cell processor wins from a brute power perspective."

... and look at bottom at the bandwidths cos thats wot matters xbox got over 200gig worth wen ps3 only got 22.5gig max.

Since when has memory bandwidth been a major factor (especially in a console) and once more you're comparing apples and oranges. The main memory bandwith is marginally better on the PS3, the bandwith speed you quote is the eDRAM, the memory internal to the video hardward, which the PS3 doesn't even have !

Also everything in the xbox 360 was tweaked to get best performance out off it like the graphics stuff was made and then edited and edited to gt best out off ti same with teh cpu and other things so these are NONE standard things and wont be able to get for ya pc

So what you are saying is the xbox360 isn't a bunch of top end PC parts in a console box. True, especially compare to the original XBox, but this is no different to the PS3.

free xbox live

if connected to internet be able to download software updates for ya xbox

Us PS2 users have never had to pay Sony to play games on line smile.gif and my understanding is it's only demos and patches that MS will give free access to.

Besides, IT'S A FRICKIN CONSOLE, with such a a limited hardware base software should be release bug free, not released half finished just to hit deadlines because they can always patch it later. I think making patches easyly and freely available will just cause quality control to go through the floor (as it has done in the PC world).

Xbox 360 can be conencted to pc as standard and can load ya mp3's vides and pictures from pc onto xbox 360 because xbox 360 is a media center aswell

My PS2 already acts as a media centre (DivxX/AVI/MP3 player with all the media mounted on a server accessed over a wireless connection). I'm sure as hell my PS3 will to. I will conceed the PS2reality is no where near as good as the Xbox media centre software.

Also uk will be changing to hdtv mode in the next year or already goign to it so be fully hdtv in like a few years after wen they store the older ones that using atm

I didn't know MS had made any commitment to supporting HDTV, but as the plan to launch the Xbox in 5 different varieties on 3 years, I'm guessing one varient will have HDTV support.

You'll notice the PS3 comes with two HDTV outputs.

..... time for work.

I didn't know MS had made any commitment to supporting HDTV, but as the plan to launch the Xbox in 5 different varieties on 3 years, I'm guessing one varient will have HDTV support.

You'll notice the PS3 comes with two HDTV outputs.

..... time for work.

341306[/snapback]

The XBOX right now has support for HDTV but only in America. Look here and you will see the adapater that supports 480, 720 and 1080 modes.

Of course this is limited to the game supporting it and like I say, only the US firmwares have this switched on as we don't have much HDTV in this country. Of course chipped XBOX's can turn this on quite easily but still little point without the TV sad.gif

and if the XBOX can do it, I can't see why the 360 would drop it.

Edited by Biddy

I have seen that but firstly i wud like to say playstation always ship a lower spec console than wot they say

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-19..._features_image

Link to it all but wot they forget to add is that ps3 is 1 core cpu wen teh xbox 3 is a 3 core cpu abit like 3 cpus in one in simple terms and look at bottom at the bandwidths cos thats wot matters xbox got over 200gig worth wen ps3 only got 22.5gig max.

yeah i like the xbox mroe than ps3 the only good thing about ps3 is its got like 5 years worth off games gonna be able to be played on it

341267[/snapback]

Why are you defending Microsoft so much? How come many people who have an X-box refuse to accept that the PS3 is going to be better than the X-box 360? It may not be, but it seems people with an Xbox just ignore all the facts given to us and still argue the XBox 360 is better! lol why? Just buy the best machine whoever makes it. Its not like you work for them is it?

• 2 months later...
think im gonaa get one for my boys at crimbo....anyone know any deals or best place to order one from?

362304[/snapback]

You wont be able to get one if you aint already pre ordered it and most places stopped the pre order because they cannot say that you will get one before christmas.

They dont no when will get second delivery could be next year end off jan or feb some was saying.

Good luck finding one and the problem seems to be because they trying to get it all out in like a month space 22nd is usa and then 2nd december europe and then japan last on 10th blink.gif we get something before japan.

And i like to add i dont have a xbox and aint had a console for a while now

Working for a games retailer, I must say that you will not have a chance in hell of getting one of these before Christmas. If you put a deposit down you will be looking at Jan/Feb. If you do want a tiny little chance of getting one before Christmas preorder the core system as thats the one the hardcore gamers who would sell their own mother to get one will not be getting and there is more chance that some people who ordered the Core system dropping out/forgetting about their order.

All the major consoles(Except XBOX and Gamecube) are flying off the Shelves, PS2 is a little less popular this year but Sony never manufacture enough consoles so they will become impossible to get in the run upto Christmas. Whereas the Nintendo DS is becoming more and more difficult to get hold of.

PSPs are like goldust however you have more chance of getting a gigapack than a value pack(You get a 1gig mem stick rather than a 32meg one).

I've heard that Toys r Us and Argos aren't taking instore pre orders. You may want to phone them to find out though. Get down there as early as possible (before they open would be a good idea) on 2nd of December and try to get one from there.

I've had my order confirmed and having it delivered to me on day of launch. biggrin.gif

Edited by Gumbi

I spoke to someone at Tescos they seemed unsure that they were getting any and said Id have to wait till they ot their games delivery tommorow to find out. But they confirmed they were not doing preorders.

Another major UK games retailer that I know of got a paltry amount of consoles.

Microsoft ballsed this one up big time although its generating interest from people who would not normally buy a console at launch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.