Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Xbox 360

Guest Kamy100

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone actually managed to pick one up yet (not imported)?

I managed to get my hands on one but had to buy it from Spain whilst I was there for the new year!

Must say I've only ever gone "wow" at the PS when that first came out - I have now done the same with this (PGR3 has to be seen to be believed). God only knows what the PS3 is going to be like!! blink.gif

I don't think you'd need to be drinking to think that's a remote. It might just be too weird for me not having the controller in both hands. It's good to change but that might be a bit too drastic, I'll have to try it out.

Has anyone actually managed to pick one up yet (not imported)?

I managed to get my hands on one but had to buy it from Spain whilst I was there for the new year!

Must say I've only ever gone "wow" at the PS when that first came out - I have now done the same with this (PGR3 has to be seen to be believed).  God only knows what the PS3 is going to be like!!  blink.gif

371443[/snapback]

I ordered one 2 days before release which turned up on the 2nd December, made me a few quid on Ebay wink.gif

How is the overheating issue? Have you noticed anything?

I've seen quite a few reports about it and some threads on other boards where 360 owners are complaining about their consoles overheating.

371805[/snapback]

not noticed anything so far, but then again i've only had it on for a max of 2 hrs

Id like to add that there is surpossedly a water cooling kit coming out soon just for the xbox 360.

Water coolers are proven to help lower the heat and noise around the main chips that need quick heat transfer away from them

What was offically said but never done

Cool it information on the water cooler

Also there is going to be a add on box thing jsut for the hd-dvd player this is just for playing movies though and not for games

Edited by thebigguy

mines been ok, If you notice three sides have fans.

If you have the console on a hard surface standing it up should be ok, but I have it on carpet so this leads to potential overheating, hence I lie it flat on its side so it shouldn't over heat!

Interesting it says nothing of lying it flat on carpet in the manual!

what a waist of time and money   

rover.gif 

withstupid.gif

372083[/snapback]

its waste

Xbox man myself so I know my money is going towards an xbox 360. Only problems I have with getting one now is the reported problems they are having and the fact that microsoft seem to intend on bringing out lots of improvements to the current model in a year or so.

Xbox man myself so I know my money is going towards an xbox 360. Only problems I have with getting one now is the reported problems they are having and the fact that microsoft seem to intend on bringing out lots of improvements to the current model in a year or so.

372304[/snapback]

where did you read that? I cant believe they'd make a bunch of consoles obsolete within a year! There would be an outcry. If they do it shows they are only interested in ripping the public off for all they can get away with mad.gif

Nah, they won't make many changes, probably just change the internal chips etc when cheaper manufacturing methods come about. Pretty similar to the original Xbox which is now on version 6 or 7, can't remember which.

The only thing that I was waiting for was the addition of the HD-DVD drive but that now looks like it's going to be an add-on for movies only. This has been mentioned twice recently. First time was from the head of distribution in Japan who said there's no way they would fundamentally change a console which would either mean annoying early adopters or having to recall the units for an upgrade. The second was from the some head of the xbox division during Bill Gates' key not speach at CES the other day. That is where they said it was only going to be an add-on and not for games. Bummer really.

If anyone wants to see the keynote speech, it can be found HERE. It's very interesting and highlights where microsoft is heading in the next year to the end of the decade.

Edited by Biddy

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is stilla fter one should go into game(blackburn has some) and inquire about it if they dont have a sign up saying can get.

I got mine pre ordered on the off chance because i just asked when was getting some more in and they said soon wanna put your name down so did and got it the week after at latest thumbs-up.gif

Just ring up the Game in Hull, they have them n and are sending them out to home addresses in England. I bought mine on New Years Eve from there. They made me buy 3 games minimum with it, which i had no complaints about as the tax man was paying for it, lol.

Iv had no problems with it over-heating etc, i'm just annoyed that i can't get my X-Box Live to work.

I think i'll have to buy the PS3 when that comes out as well.

Any one know when that is coming out?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.