BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

Apart from the Mirror is there any confirmation on the injury? I can't see anything more on Newsnow. If he's out for a month then we're screwed. A partnership of Kuqi and Gallagher/Johnson for the next few games will be just as bad as last year if not worse. (Providing Jansen is still out). Maybe a striker becomes a priority again before the start of the campaign?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never understood why they have to have a pointless friendly international date right at this point of the season. The Norway-Switzerland game last night sooo underlines my point. Was like watching paint dry, at best. And I only watched the last 30 mins. 

mad.gif

339770[/snapback]

One worry with a rovers viewpoint is Morten Gamst Pedersen, he was RUBBISH! I've seen two full 90 min with him in the last week, and my God he has been very very poor.

Might be the disappointment of the season for us... sad.gif

One worry with a rovers viewpoint is Morten Gamst Pedersen, he was RUBBISH! I've seen two full 90 min with him in the last week, and my God he has been very very poor.

Might be the disappointment of the season for us... sad.gif

339799[/snapback]

Well.... I can't say that ANY of the norwegian players had a good game. A few player did OK, and the majority was.... well rubbish

MGP was never anything more than average last season.

What sets him apart from other midfield players at the club is his ability to put the ball in the back of the net, and his ability from dead-ball situations. Other than that - he can't dribble, isn't slow (but has no great pace), passing is at best average (though he does show signs of imagination about his passing that we generally lack).

His goal scoring exploits were what gained him recognition last year - and not his general play. But I believe that he can get 10 - 15 goals from midfield - which makes him worth his place in the team for that reason alone. I also wouldn't be surprised if he scores direct from a corner this year - and even with all his faults is probably one of our most saleable assets (name me another left footed goal scoring midfield player not already in one of the top 4 sides - there aren't many)

Lee

Out of interest (sad I know) has the pre-match conference changed from Fridays to Thursdays? Intially Hughes did them on Fridays but this was changed for the last few matches of last season and begun that way this season??

If so as well, do you know why? Souey always did his Friday mornings from memory!

Players will not report to training until tomorrow presumably.

It was trialled on a Thursday afternoon for the last couple of games last season.

And the concensus from the press was that they prefrerred it to a Friday morning.

And of course Hughes preferred it too. Also there is the greater chance of getting a player to talk as they'll have just finished training.

Souness preferred 9.30am Friday, when Hughes arrived he moved training to later and the press conf moved to 10am.

Hang on,

MIRROR

CRAIG BELLAMY'S Blackburn career is off to a disastrous start - with a double injury problem that will put him out for a month.

Bellamy hurt a thigh in a training session with Wales, a strain that will need intense treatment.

I thought Bellamy didnt join up with the Welsh Squad because of an ankle injury.

Well it did say double injury worry so maybe the thigh happened after the ankle...

339847[/snapback]

I think Alan's point is that how could Bellamy get injured with this welsh squad if he didnt join with them due to already being injured?

Is that right Al?

Edited by stuwilky

I thought he joined the squad and then withdrew. I remember an article about Gabbidon saying how quiet Bellamy was at camp after us getting hammered.

Jeez, it's getting bad when you lot have to rely on Arizona to get accurate reports about the English game.

Edited by USABlue

Beat me to it USA.

He did join up with them, I saw him running around in training on Sky Sports News - like a new born lamb he was - all covered in wool. Either that or it was old footage.

Anyway, does anyone reckon we'll get an update soon from one of the various media sources available to us, i.e the LET or the tinternet on...

1. Matt Jansen's injury

2. Ryan Nelsen's injury

3. Craig Bellamy's ankle / thigh / head

Is no one communicating these things anymore to the LET or the Offical Site? Does no one care? I'd quite like to know what's happening really with the above players (particularly Nelsen - anyone remember me posting this that I read in the Daily Express (July 28th) saying that Nelsen had done his ligaments?) and yet for the best part of a week there's been no update - apart from some piece in the Mirror - which we're all sceptical about.

I'm sure that if Lee or the LET had the info they'd print it. It would be better than just reading "snippets" in the nationals anyway.

Bit of a poor do if you ask me.

.... on t'other hand if things are really bad, Hughesy may want to keep Fulham guessing  sad.gif

339856[/snapback]

Very true Paul. Good point.

And The Axe den - I'm sure Cocker said he got carried off on two stretchers the other night, that doesn't sound good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.