BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he may be fit for the game against Bolton. Typical rovers luck shot our load on Bellamy now he's not match fit until at least begin of October.

340100[/snapback]

The injury thing and him being the only major signing concerned me from the off, we'll be lucky if this fella plays half our games.

The injury thing and him being the only major signing concerned me from the off, we'll be lucky if this fella plays half our games.

340103[/snapback]

Too right USA, and there's every chance he'll be suspended for the odd game too. Some folk said this before he signed........ wink.gif

Sky Sports now reporting the same. "At least 6 weeks".

340128[/snapback]

Plus however long it takes him to get back to full match fitness and sharpness. If I was Sparky I'd be back in the board room with me hand out saying over and over, McCarthy, McCarthy, McCarthy.

Plus however long it takes him to get back to full match fitness and sharpness.  If I was Sparky I'd be back in the board room with me hand out saying over and over, McCarthy, McCarthy, McCarthy.

340134[/snapback]

Took the words out of my mouth. Not trying to be pessimtic but lets say he now misses first 10 games (inc match fittness cos he wasn't 100% last week) we are left with serious problems we all know how we faired last season in the goal scoring stakes so we are relying now on a guy who failed to impressed 2 or 3 seasons ago and went to Stockport, matty big question marks, dickov say no more I am not his biggest fan even before last weeks madness, derbyshire never seen him question marks ? I was hoping Kugi would turn out fine but we can't be reliant on him as the guy to make the difference. How many times have I heard Hughesy saying that we cannot survive scoring only 32 goals as last season. Well we have less than 2 weeks for action. We have to make a good start given our first 6 fixtures !!

Well , we should have kept Stead . For the sake of a mill or so and a (relatively) small chunk off the wage bill ....bad move .

340199[/snapback]

Did you see Stead for the under 21's the other night? He was awful and missed chance after chance, no thanks good riddance.

A perferct opportunity for a season long loan deal, Saha, Smith or Keane spring to mind. Might be a better option than splashing cash we dont have.

340217[/snapback]

We'll have even less cash we don't have if we end up going down because of a poor start to the season with no decent frontline.

A perferct opportunity for a season long loan deal, Saha, Smith or Keane spring to mind. Might be a better option than splashing cash we dont have.

340217[/snapback]

While we are at it why dont we go in for Owen, Rooney and Crespo on loan. Get real man we WILL NOT sign a striker weather it be on loan or in hard cash especially the likes of Smith Saha or Keane.

Walking in a Benhben Wonderland wink.gif

What a let down.. still hoping bellamy will start the season fully fit after lasting the whole first game but to get injure in a meaningless friendlies is just so depressing. sad.gif

Seeing the loan out of douglas and probably the sales of flitcroft(rumour).

Lets all hope that the board is actually trying to push some deadwoods out now, hence freeing up enough wages to add another striker on loan. wink.gif

Getting Earnshaw a good shout for me. rolleyes.gif

340217[/snapback]

Nice idea. Only probs is the players mentioned won't be going out on loan deals - Saha reportedly on his way out but only on a perminant transfer. And would they come?

The big problem is we're trying to replace/cover for our star striker and especially at this stage of the season there aren't that many available. There aren't even that many 'lesser'/squad strikers available. The only one I know of is Morrisson from Birmingham. Maybe he'd prefer us to Norwich?

What happened to that Le Tallic chap? I think Liverpool released him? I thoughhe looked pretty promising.

Edited by Blue blood

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.