BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa 1 Blackburn Rovers 0

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We ll it worked last week so I'll try this weekalthough I can't see a victory.

Realistic

2 v 0 Villa - Villa looking for first win and Baras looking to impress. Us not having the normal backline set up and probably no forward line, which even with Kuqi fit he doesn't look even like scoring when given the chance- also with the possibility of Tugay being left out and no likelihood of goals coming from midfield unless Pedersen conjures up something

Optimistic 0 v 0 /1 v1- Tugay plays, we have a fairly decent record there, Savage has never lost when playing against them - but still can't see us scoring unless Jansen gets a chance.

I reckon it will be tight but i think we'll get a point, 1-1 draw Emerton scoring.

------------------------- Friedel ----------------------

----- Reid ------ Nelsen ---- Matteo --- Gresko ---

----------------------- Mokoena ----------------------

- Emerton ---- Savage ----- Tugay --- MGP ------

------------------------ Jansen* -------------------------

* = Kuqi instead if he's fit

Well this is my first official Rovers Prem match of the 05/06 season. Swansea doesnt count.

I think we need to be more positive and I'm going for a draw for this one.

1-1, Reid to get a goal for Rovers.

So I look forward to seeing some of you at the match.

Any ideas on where to park? Also are there any away pubs that fans are meeting at?

If anyone wants to come and say hello I'll have my CLARKE 9 shirt on.

341915[/snapback]

Now then matey, will you or any other Rovers fans for that matter, be going to the Pub opposite Witton train station. Usually a great crack in there as it is an away fans only pub.

I think this is a tricky one, they have had a poor start whilst we have had a decent start, the problem with all Rovers fans is that we build ourselves up and we absoloutly love it when we are knocke back down again. We did it with West Ham (oooooooooo we had a fantastic preseason,top 6 finish , we lose omg we are going down this year) and I can see that again. Villa are a poor team who have signed a overrated player in Baros who had one excellent tournement truth is he can't hack it in the Premiership(I'll regret that). They have no stand out players anymore yet they think they are supposedly top 6 so we must beat them. Problem is will the mediocraty factor crawl out and grab us by the balls again, I think so , I think Villa will beat us after we put in a decent display and then doom and gloom will decend on Ewood Park once again so we as Rovers fans can do what we do best wallow in self pity.

Edited by Seggie

Intriguing- if you're a Villa supporter, this has to be THE fixture to get your season moving. Rovers suspended, injured, pantomime villains with the blonde baddy; Villa Barosed and raring to go.

There is a win in this game for Rovers but I don't think we'll find it. Sticking with 2-0 to Villa but expecting lots of comments along the lines of Villans saying "I didn't know your lot could play football".

I never feel confiedent when we play Villa for some reason. No different today, I've just got that "we're going to lose" feeling gnawing at the pit of my stomach. I'm not concerned about Neill's absence as Reid has proven a capable full back in the past - I'm more worried by the prospect of Mokoena playing in the centre if Todd is unfit. Matteo moving in one with Gresko at left back seems a better idea.

Come on Rovers, prove me and the pit of my stomach wrong.

I think there will be goals in it, but I reckon it will be a 1-1 draw. Hope I'm proved wrong by stunning displays by Savage, Kuqi and Pederson making it 5-1 to BRFC smile.gif

Edited by booth

Rovers starting line-up

Friedel

Reid, Todd, Nelsen, Matteo

Emerton, Flitcroft, Tugay, Savage, Pedersen

Kuqi

Subs: Enckelman, Gresko, Mokoena, Jansen, Johnson.

Flitty and Savage together in midfield looks tasty tongue.gif

Edited by grizfoot

Jeff Stelling on Sky Saturday live made an issue of stating that Mark Hughes had rewarded Andy Todd by making him captain in the absence of Lucas Neill. This is scandalous.

Le Tissier said he was really surprised by the decision.

Its even included in the team news going across the bottom of the screen.

This has made me really angry.

Jeff Stelling on Sky Saturday live made an issue of stating that Mark Hughes had rewarded Andy Todd by making him captain in the absence of Lucas Neill. This is scandalous.

Le Tissier said he was really surprised by the decision.

Its even included in the team news going across the bottom of the screen.

This has made me really angry.

342222[/snapback]

I saw this to. Find it quite shocking they don't know that Todd has been our captain since last season.

They all predicted us to lose as well apart from Charlie. sad.gif

Is it just me or is this Match Live commentary for Blackburn very Villa biased. I'm assuming it is actually the Villa commentary.

Heh it's quite funny really, the way they commentate you'd think there was only one team on the field.

Edited by Hainesey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.