BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa 1 Blackburn Rovers 0

They werent taking the mick mate, they were just having a bitova laugh. They were saying stuff like 'go team' and other so called 'soccerism's'. It wasnt anti american barracking in any way shape or form, just a laugh.

342363[/snapback]

Barracking....followed by rovers falling asleep and letting in! maybe a fact of life but i just think it was a bit stupid for our fans to be distracting our keeper and players whne they should be thinking of much more important things!

As the mighty LeChuck says we could have lost very badly and villa had much better chances, 1-0 is a loss we could have avoided but it's only 1-0, better than 3-1!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two observations:

Playing 4-4-2 we didn't look any worse at the back or in midfield than playing 4-5-1 but at least it gave us a threat upfront. The 4-5-1 formation completely failed to cope with Philips running through from deep.

Two away games, two (probably avoidable) defeats, two halves when Rovers totally failed to turn up. Hughes either sorts it out or we are in for a long unhappy winter.

I've only seen a couple of minutes on MOTM but the media and fan reports are really worrying. How can we play so well against Spurs and then, apparently, fail to turn up at Villa Park?

It just shows how weak our squad is that Neill being out has such an effect. How can Flitcroft repolace Reid in midfield they are totally different players? The way we pack midfield we are bound to have a lot of possession but we don't have anyone up front to pass to and no-one with the ability to pas to them if we did.

i wish everyone would stop going on about Kuqi...typical rovers fans. Give the guy a chance with a run of a few games with a striker partner for christs sake. The guy has just put in 3 good performances in my opinion, the only thing lacking was a goal. We know he can finish, weve seen him score 3 good goals in friendlys and he scored 20 goals last season in the championship. Yes its a different league but its still a tough league with very good teams in it and hes an international. Give him a chance.

342354[/snapback]

rover.gif bless you,blue and white to the death,kuqi ain't good enough full stop,if we want a striker to run around all day why not sign paula radcliffe.i reckon hughes will you pulling out all stops for a striker after yesterdays shambles up front tinykit.gif

Seen MOTM properly now......we could have lost 4,5 or 6 nil on the chances Villa had. If Brad is to blame for the Baros goal, surely Tugay was equally culpable as his terrible pass in midfield gifted the ball to Aston Villa who played one pass through to Baros and bang, it's 1-0?

Why did Jon Stead go to Sunderland? Against Wigan he was in the right spot, on target and causing problems. Compared with our attack? unsure.gif

rover.gif bless you,blue and white to the death,kuqi ain't good enough full stop,if we want a striker to run around all day why not sign paula radcliffe.i reckon hughes will you pulling out all stops for a striker after yesterdays shambles up front tinykit.gif

342414[/snapback]

Signing Paula Radcliffe wouldn't be that good an idea Waggy, there would be dead patches of grass all over the place where she's stopped for a "rest".

After asking Waggy how he could judge Kuqi after what turned out to be 55 minutes of play at West Ham I would have to say that he's probably right. The poor fella is lacking in quality, big style. Some of the best strikers in the world, and Jon Stead, are made to look poor when they have to play as the only striker, so asking a Kuqi to make the big step up to the Prem and doing it on his own up there is asking a hell of a lot. Regardless, will he be good enough with someone along side him? I have my doubts (*).

As for signing another forward / more players before the transfer deadline? I hope so, I hope the board realise that we're in for another long season if we go with what we've got. Then again why have they waited until now? Are they bothered?

By the way Paul - have you been watching Man Of The Match (MOTM) or Match Of The Day (MOTD)?

(*) At this point do I need to put something about hopefully I'll be proved wrong and that I'm right behind him and that of course I'll be supporting him and he doesn't need people "like me" getting on his back? Or do I not need to bother either?

Tango - I watched it on the foreign channel thingy - Todd didn't look fully fit to me.

Yeah - he's injured at the moment but there's little arguement over who's the better player. He's played one game so far for us and is still matching Jon Stead for goals tongue.gif

Would you like to bet on who'll score the most?

Yeah - he's injured at the moment but there's little arguement over who's the better player. He's played one game so far for us and is still matching Jon Stead for goals  tongue.gif

Would you like to bet on who'll score the most?

342456[/snapback]

rover.gif bob i said most rovers fans would prefer stead to kuqi,not stead would score more than bellers tinykit.gif

rover.gif bob i said most rovers fans would prefer stead to kuqi,not stead would score more than bellers tinykit.gif

342461[/snapback]

I was under the impression that we sold Stead to fund the Bellamy signing, i.e. presumably we couldn't have both due to our fantastic finances. Kuqi was free after all.

Having travelled up to the game yesterday, I was expecting a decent Rovers performance against the Villans.

First half performance was ###### poor, and yet again someone with pace (baros) made Todd nelsen have a very tricky afternoon. Dont get me wrong they are good defenders but any team with a pacey forward seem to get the better of Toddy and the Admiral.

having watched bits of the game on MOTD Todd was partly to blame but our midfield was also to blame in giving the ball away. We did alot in the first half and Villa deserved to go in 3-0 rather than 1-0.

Then there was Kuqi. Hopeless in the first half didnt get anywhere near MGP crosses and for a 'big' player seems to be lacking strength which is needed in Premiership. But support for him was also poor from our midfield.

Second half was far better and we came out with a purpose, which was lacking in the first half. Hughesy must have given them a good bollocking because Villa were waiting for rovers for at least 2 minutes.

Defence looked alot wiser although the chances which Villa had came about mainly from Rovers trying to get this elusive goal. Gresko looked pretty decent.

MGP looked the only decent Premiership player on the pitch. Creating chances, making important tackles and just making Villa play, which no one else seemed to do. Emerton was poor and I was glad to see Jansen and Jemal come on to the pitch. jemal looked decent and gave the Villa defence something to think about and jansen looked way off in terms of being a decent player again, although his effort was there.

Couple of things I couldnt understand was why Savage wanted to take the Crosses from the left all the time and not leave them to MGP and why when we were threatening their goal No-one wanted to shoot it was just pass pass pass. Oh no I got to shoot, I'll pass it again I think. only Jemal seemed to have made a decent shot. Kuqi seemed alot better in the 2nd half but wasted our best opportunity, which you just cant do.

And that just seemed to have summed up our day. Villa had an International goalscorer who is proven in the Premiership and has that touch of class to score goals (even though hes a cheating @#/? and a school boy(Did anyone see him in his school blazer, tie, and Satchel on MOTD)). Where as we had Kuqi.

Why doesnt Hughes play Gallagher?

One of the things I want to know is why did we keep taking them stupid corners?? Especially seen as the first couple were absolute rubbish, why not have a change of plan?

342490[/snapback]

aye, some of the corners were terrible, over shot, its not good when you are pushing for a goal and a complete waste

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.