BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Idiot Drunks Do It Again

Modi

What is it with football 'fans' that makes them think getting utterly tanked up at a game is a good idea?

Today, I was sat just behind someone so drunk he couldn't stand up to anyone who had the audacity to ask to get past him.

Then after the game, the coaches were delayed for an hour due to some cretinous Roverites who had so much to drink that they thought it a good idea to start picking an argument with departing Villa fans. This lead to stones, bottles, traffic cones and other objects being thrown and the police turning up to video all of us on the coaches as potential 'evidence'.

Well thanks to the oafs involved.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. Although they didn't bother me they had obviously upset several people around them who moved away (several who were players friends and family)

I have no objection to people drinking before a game but when they spoil it for other people it is unacceptable.

Does my head in, i see them at most away games. They didnt annoy me inparticular today but i remember norwich away last year i had some trouble with some idiots. They dont care about the football, they just think they are clever and think their chants are funny, whereas they are crap. The chant they were singing for half the game today in their little group of about 12 Blackburn chavs (school starts again soon) was boring and nobody laughed apart from themselves. Then they are so thick they start singing garbage like 'easy, easy' when we are quite clearly under the cosh and about to concede any second, therefore having the villa fans laughing at us for the next 80 mins. Also singing 'whats it like to win **** all' to a club which has won the european cup and won the fa cup 7 times isnt the best thing to do. GO AND FOLLOW RUGBY

Edited by Blackpool_Rover

Only people i could see making a scene where scott slater and his crew tongue.gif

The lads stood up just to my right, the invisable crew! good bunch of lads, that were tanked up and all credit to them!

If i had been there early enough i would have and sung more, if they removed the no alcohol in the stands rule at some grounds then people might pace there drinks! rover.gif

If i had been there early enough i would have and sung more, if they removed the no alcohol in the stands rule at some grounds then people might pace there drinks!  rover.gif

342371[/snapback]

I dont think that is true at all because until everyone got in the ground we didn't know that Villa no longer sold beer. So these people wouldn't have paced themselves, only drunk more.

As for later on, when we was on the bus. It was the Rovers fans who started it, singing at the Villa fans, then throwing things. But when the Villa fans got through the gate they all run off back onto their bus! The police turned up about 10 minutes later and all the Villa fans run off and we sat there for about another half hour while the police were taking evidence.

Does my head in, i see them at most away games. They didnt annoy me inparticular today but i remember norwich away last year i had some trouble with some idiots. They dont care about the football, they just think they are clever and think their chants are funny, whereas they are crap. The chant they were singing for half the game today in their little group of about 12 Blackburn chavs (school starts again soon) was boring and nobody laughed apart from themselves. Then they are so thick they start singing garbage like 'easy, easy' when we are quite clearly under the cosh and about to concede any second, therefore having the villa fans laughing at us for the next 80 mins. Also singing 'whats it like to win **** all' to a club which has won the european cup and won the fa cup 7 times isnt the best thing to do. GO AND FOLLOW RUGBY

342359[/snapback]

cheers mate and as for "WE started the trouble" i think you will find that we didnt...... if someone likes to throw a brik in my face (i was the one who got bricked) well i tihkn that there is going to be abit of trouble so get your facts right plz THEY threw the Cone THEY threw the sauce tubs THEY threw the briks. well its all on CCTV and they police have said that villa started it as they have rung me up this morning to know how i was because i was "concussed" but yeh thanks

cheers mate and as for "WE started the trouble" i think you will find that we didnt...... if someone likes to throw a brik in my face (i was the one who got bricked) well i tihkn that there is going to be abit of trouble so get your facts right plz THEY threw the Cone THEY threw the sauce tubs THEY threw the briks. well its all on CCTV and they police have said that villa started it as they have rung me up this morning to know how i was because i was "concussed" but yeh thanks

342423[/snapback]

So you're saying that 'briks' (sic) were thrown by Villa fans in a totally unprovoked attack?

Why would the police come on the coaches and film fans if they didn't think that some had been involved in the incidents? (Not on our coach, or to hazard a guess the other official coaches either.)

And whilst I am sorry to hear you were hit in the face with a 'brik' and suffered a concussion, had you drunk much before the game?

So you're saying that 'briks' (sic) were thrown by Villa fans in a totally unprovoked attack? 

Why would the police come on the coaches and film fans if they didn't think that some had been involved in the incidents?  (Not on our coach, or to hazard a guess the other official coaches either.)

And whilst I am sorry to hear you were hit in the face with a 'brik' and suffered a concussion, had you drunk much before the game?

342430[/snapback]

i had 2 pints in the cap n gown thanks so i wasnt drunk and the bricks where taken from the burger van outside from under the wheels to stop it moving its all on CCTV

i had 2 pints in the cap n gown thanks so i wasnt drunk and the bricks where taken from the burger van outside from under the wheels to stop it moving its all on CCTV

342431[/snapback]

Well thats funny cos I was with someone in the cap and gown when you told them 'this is my 7th pint' blink.gif

lol oh well i tried lol but still i wasnt "drunk"

342435[/snapback]

Obviously you can tell lies for fun so how much of this is a lie?.........

"cheers mate and as for "WE started the trouble" i think you will find that we didnt...... if someone likes to throw a brik in my face (i was the one who got bricked) well i tihkn that there is going to be abit of trouble so get your facts right plz THEY threw the Cone THEY threw the sauce tubs THEY threw the briks. well its all on CCTV and they police have said that villa started it as they have rung me up this morning to know how i was because i was "concussed" but yeh thanks"

BTW Do you drive? If so (and assuming that you telling the truth about consuming 7 pints ......which imo is prob another of your fabrications) try telling some policeman when he stops you in your car that 7 pints in a couple of hours does not make you drunk. withstupid.gif

cn174 how can singing "we are not were not really here we are not were not really here where like the fans of the invisable man were not really here" cause me to get a brik in my face.............. so that didnt start it at all

342436[/snapback]

Obviously still concussed. dry.gif

It wasn't the fact you was singing it, but you were singing it to try and provoke a reaction. To start with the Villa fans carried on walking past, but then a couple stopped and started singing back, then a few more. Then thats when things started being thrown.

The gangster wannabes are usually good for a laugh but when it means we're sat behind on the coach for an hour then it's annoying.

If you want to prove how hard you are, join a boxing club. See how far standing there with your arms in the air taunting people then trying to run away gets you there.

It wasn't the fact you was singing it, but you were singing it to try and provoke a reaction. To start with the Villa fans carried on walking past, but then a couple stopped and started singing back, then a few more. Then thats when things started being thrown.

342443[/snapback]

well i am so sorry for enjoying myself because i usually spend 70 pound and be miserable im sorry sad.gif

well i am so sorry for enjoying myself because i usually spend 70 pound and be miserable im sorry sad.gif

342451[/snapback]

Well if thats what you call enjoying yourself, you shouldn't moan at the consequences

Totally agree. Although they didn't bother me they had obviously upset several people around them who moved away (several who were players friends and family)

I have no objection to people drinking before a game but when they spoil it for other people it is unacceptable.

342348[/snapback]

And precisely why I now choose to go to so few away games! If the match is a sell out for away fans the prospect of being sat behind or amongst boorish, foul mouthed and ignorant drunks whose last thought is to actually watch the match turns me right off. Time for BRFC to revue their policy of selling away tickets perhaps? huh.gif

Incidentally given that we have so much room in the Darwen End maybe we should introduce a two tier ticketing policy for visiting fans to Ewood. Darwen End lower @ £25 (or whatever it costs) and a free pepperami for the yobs and £35 inc a free programme and meal ticket upstairs for the more 'cerebral' football fans. Publicised well enough it might just attract a few thousand more over the course of a season. Accepting that we need to attract more spectators and given the superb facilities, the safety angle, the car parking, the view of the pitch and close access to the Motorway I think Ewood Park should rightly be promoted as a favourite venue for many opposing supporters.............

........I wonder if such a thought has ever entered Beamo's head? rolleyes.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.