Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Idiot Drunks Do It Again

Modi

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last a thread with some needle.

My opinion for what its worth is that football is everyones sport. Just like a boozer.

Now a good boozer is one with all the elements on this board. Yep some weeks theres a bit of agro, but most weeks everyone goes home safe and sound.

Some get blasted, some drink a social few and some drink pop.... Getting involved in taunting someone cause of the money they earn or the clothes they wear is pathetic. Would you do it on the terraces or in the boozer - no? why? Exactly!

If I have to choose and in a good boozer you dont have to, as everyone has respect for the landlord, I would choose the blasted and vocal over the sit down and shut ups.

As unlike the Range Rover brigade they will still be there at the 90th minute not squirraling for the exit to aviod the traffic.

That said there is a happy intermeadite, but we are not all clones now are we.

This has just turned into a slanging match and quite honestly it is pathetic.

People at football matches should be allowed to sing what they want be it about the opposition, burnley, man utd or heaven forbid supporting rovers! But there is a line and several of the drunken group crossed that line yesterday forcing several fans to have to move.

This is not about stopping people 'supporting' their team it is about reaching a compromise so that everyone can enjoy themselves. Several people went home yesterday having not enjoyed the game due to a small minority of people who were drunk.

It is not about how much you earn, how many GCSE's you got, it is about manners and common sense.

Invisible man you said that you spent 70 on the game yesterday, so did many other people what makes you £70 better than mine? Why did you have the right to enjoy yourself at the expense of others?

Think about others around you. One poor chap almost fell down the stairs yesterday due to being pushed by a drunken lad who was oblivious to the chaos that he had caused.

I am all for singing and supporting your team but perhaps sing something others can join in with and maybe people will join in!

I didn't see what happened, with all this trouble.

Nobody is going to win with this arguing, what's done is done and you can't change it.

People can have a good time with plenty of drink but shouldn't cause problems for others around them.

Let's just hope this trouble doesn't happen again.

Wez and the Invisible Man.

I suggest you do the following:

1. Read the guidelines

2. Cease the insults

3. Stop using text speak.

I'm not going to spend the evening refereeing you lot.....and yes I'm a boring old 50+ and I'm admin who can get you off this site at any time I chose.

Grow up, wise up or go away. Your choice.

cheers

Paul

I was at Villa on saturday and was sat near those lads and they didn't spoil the entertainment for me, i sat close to them severeal times last season and they always support the team brilliantly. I didn't see the trouble after the game as i didn't travel by coach but from what i can gather the events were unacceptable not just at a football match but anywhere in society. I remember an incident a couple of years ago when a Forest fan threw a bottle into a group of Dingles and it hit one on the head and killed him, the guy got prisoned for manslaughter and ruined his life. That could have easily happened yesterday, not just to Wez but to anybody who threw anything. Banning the ones who sing during the games would be a big mistake as our attendances are laughable as they are and losing any of our hard-core support is not exactly what we need right now. These people need to continue their loyal support but also need to respect what other fans wish and avoid any trouble outside the ground for their own sakes.

I don't have a problem at all with the singing inside the ground. All power to them. I didn't sit with them but I've been near them before and they always sing for the team. We also sang in our little section and supported the team. We went for a drink beforehand and had a sing in the pub. There's not a problem with that at all.

The only problem is that they didn't know the line between having a good time and getting everybody into trouble. For one, we were at an away ground, heavily outnumbered, and penned into the carpark with nowhere to go. I was sat on the coach and we could see it coming a mile off. Antagonising that amount of people was stupid because somebody will react. And when people react then others get involved. Of course they were outnumbered, they were at a bloody away ground.

As I've said, I could care less if Wez etc sing all game long because we're all supporters. I do care, though, if they provoke what they did on Saturday and start lobbing things around. It wasn't one-sided at all - the traffic cone was going forwards and backwards and the Villa fans were not the only ones to throw things. Birdy stopped a few people getting an absolute kicking.

The sad thing is, if the people involved actually believe that they were completely innocent and simply the victims of this all then they're deluded. If they'd hung around waiting to get onto the coach in a sensible manner then nobody would have got a brick in their face. Both sides have to accept responsibility and have to accept that people were kept back for an hour after the match as a result of their actions, which made a lot of people unhappy.

I'm willing to bet some people will think twice about attending away matches as a result of this. And that's a situation we just don't need. And it doesn't make them crap fans because they don't want to be involved in being filmed by the police and having things thrown near them. It just makes them human.

I don't have a problem at all with the singing inside the ground. All power to them. I didn't sit with them but I've been near them before and they always sing for the team. We also sang in our little section and supported the team. We went for a drink beforehand and had a sing in the pub. There's not a problem with that at all.

The only problem is that they didn't know the line between having a good time and getting everybody into trouble. For one, we were at an away ground, heavily outnumbered, and penned into the carpark with nowhere to go. I was sat on the coach and we could see it coming a mile off. Antagonising that amount of people was stupid because somebody will react. And when people react then others get involved. Of course they were outnumbered, they were at a bloody away ground.

As I've said, I could care less if Wez etc sing all game long because we're all supporters. I do care, though, if they provoke what they did on Saturday and start lobbing things around. It wasn't one-sided at all - the traffic cone was going forwards and backwards and the Villa fans were not the only ones to throw things. Birdy stopped a few people getting an absolute kicking.

The sad thing is, if the people involved actually believe that they were completely innocent and simply the victims of this all then they're deluded. If they'd hung around waiting to get onto the coach in a sensible manner then nobody would have got a brick in their face. Both sides have to accept responsibility and have to accept that people were kept back for an hour after the match as a result of their actions, which made a lot of people unhappy.

I'm willing to bet some people will think twice about attending away matches as a result of this. And that's a situation we just don't need. And it doesn't make them crap fans because they don't want to be involved in being filmed by the police and having things thrown near them. It just makes them human.

342652[/snapback]

Totally agree with that post, there was a line and they stepped over it and put this club to shame. It's not the first time this has happened and no way will it be the last.

Not wishing to sound like too much of a square, and this isnt aimed at anyone in particular

you could go to the local police, and go excuse me those idiots are trying to cause some trouble. and point them out discreatly - ie that ejit in the burburry cap/scarf/jacket/trousers/pants with the brick in his hand.

If the police wont help or you dont want to do it at that time.

Report them to the club, im sure they would be quite happy to ensure that these pricks never watch the rovers again, they give the rest of us a bad name.

Whats next "No Surrender to the IRA" being sung at every bloody away ground.

Not wishing to sound like too much of a square, and this isnt aimed at anyone in particular

you could go to the local police, and go excuse me those idiots are trying to cause some trouble. and point them out discreatly - ie that ejit in the burburry cap/scarf/jacket/trousers/pants with the brick in his hand.

If the police wont help or you dont want to do it at that time.

Report them to the club, im sure they would be quite happy to ensure that these pricks never watch the rovers again, they give the rest of us a bad name.

Whats next "No Surrender to the IRA" being sung at every bloody away ground.

342677[/snapback]

tbf Flopsy there were no police around at all. They turned up about 10-15 minutes later, then all the Villa fans run off. Had there been a couple of them around the situation wouldn't have developed as it did, but that still doesn't mean it was ok.

Right let me just clear this up i havnt come on here to fall out with anybody at all if you know me i am a very sociable person and i have good chats and can have a laugh although what happend at villa was OUT OF ORDER i agree and thats the FIRST incodent i have EVER been in sad.gif i am ashamed myself because at the end of the day i took one hell of a beating.... being knocked out.... but can we just forget it because honestly all gods truth we didnt start it sad.gif

ask Mr Wilky i allways have good convosations with him and i cba falling out with people over this as its even sadder then the whole scenario

but i agree with CN had the police been there alot quiker or even if they had been there just 5 police men at them gates with a video recorder would of stopped all the trouble because they quite frankley didnt want to get caught.

lets just drop it? lock the thread or something?

and the administrator sorry for using text speech thats MSN fault lol

i only reacted to this post like i did because were not hooligans, thugs , yobs if you look back at the last 3 seasons there hasnt been any serious trouble like that has there be honest with me

Wez xxx tongue.gif

Wez,

You should be curled up asleep right next to our little Blackburn Rovers puppy.

And as you sleep and dream of chasing things and making all kinds of little snuffling noises, and going on the rampage and biting the postman's leg we will be thinking of you.

We will be thinking: "I wonder if he had his bollock chopped off, would he make more sense?"

say sorry and stil get abused u can fuc.koff

342707[/snapback]

In which post were you abused?

If you can`t get on with fellow Rovers fans on an internet forum, its no wonder you get in to trouble with opposing fans.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.