SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Idiot Drunks Do It Again

Modi

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wez, trouble finds those that hunt it down. I`ve been going to matches for 25 years without incident.

Start going to sporting events for the right reasons.

342704[/snapback]

maine rd a few years back..walking back to the car,i got jumped and battered to a pulp.I was minding my own busuiness

smile.gif this thread is great!

Who`d believe it! Rovers fans showing a bit of passion!!!

I can see both points of view here. I agree that people should enjoy a drink , have a sing-song, trade some banter, create an atnosphere & have a good time. Rovers fans are notoriously quiet. sad.gif

On the flip side, i cannot be arsed with people who just go to games looking to cause trouble whilst donning their new superchav outfits.....to impress their mates.

....On the minus side, someone got hit with a brick

....On the plus side, looks like they hit the right person! laugh.gif

This thread is a joke. Just cos' we like to have a few beers and have a laugh when we go on an away day doesnt mean we are scum!

And just cos' we wear nice clothes and not faggot clothing doesnt mean we are all looking for a rummble.

We are the best supporters of this club because we make ourselfs known and get behind the lads by singing our arses off and having abit of banter with the away lot.

Everyone takes the ###### outa our support and im not supprised. I was imbarresed by everyone else on Saturday. Maybe if you lot opened your mouths we wouldnt need to go mental trying to get it going.

Yeah some of our chants are abit imature, but most of us are young lads and we are only having a laugh at the other lots expense.

We are not going anywhere!!! Cos' we are the drunk and disorderly!! ph34r.gifbiggrin.gif

Interesting debate, i tend to think that Wez and chums are just enjoying themselves and having a laugh. They are probably really annoying but football is like that. You get fans from all walks of life and some people like to sit quietly and others like to sing and drink etc. It sounds like they wound up the villa fans, but banter occurs at all matches and they would never expect to be bricked, so it really isnt their fault.

Would you all like football to be a silent game or do you want a decent atmosphere? I dont mind characters like wez and friends and feel that they are part and parcel of the football experience. At the end of the day whether you are a 'drunk' or not we all support the same team so we should just accept that people are different.

This thread is a joke.  Just cos' we like to have a few beers and have a laugh when we go on an away day doesnt mean we are scum!

And just cos' we wear nice clothes and not faggot clothing doesnt mean we are all looking for a rummble.

We are the best supporters of this club because we make ourselfs known and get behind the lads by singing our arses off and having abit of banter with the away lot.

Everyone takes the ###### outa our support and im not supprised.  I was imbarresed by everyone else on Saturday.  Maybe if you lot opened your mouths we wouldnt need to go mental trying to get it going.

Yeah some of our chants are abit imature, but most of us are young lads and we are only having a laugh at the other lots expense.

We are not going anywhere!!!  Cos' we are the drunk and disorderly!!   ph34r.gif  biggrin.gif

342818[/snapback]

I've never understood why anyone would spend fifty and sixty quid and all day travelling to an away game and then not really watch it because they're too busy hurling insults at a section of opposition fans. Then again, having read this thread I'm not that surprised.

Wouldn't you be better off just watching the game and trying to get behind the team on the basis of what happens on the pitch?

The other thing is if you spend all afternoon winding up the opposition fans and or the stewards, you can hardly then act all surprised and hard done by if you get thrown out and /or foreign objects eventually start flying in your direction.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Missed this one but read the highlights. Wez and his posse are your typical bunch of young lads who think that they are invincible. Most of us go through that stage then grow out of it. They have some spare cash around (I think more from the fact that they still live at home, not through lucrative paying jobs judging by their spelling capabilities), drink too much because they think it's good to do so, and cause general annoyance wherever they go. I'm sounding old now, and I'm not, but this is the youth of today. They grew up without any responsibilities and won't for a while yet. They will all calm down when they get a grilfriend and the attached pleasures, but for now sensible away fans will have to put up with these clowns acting up at football matches for the benefit of the team and doing likewise in local boozers for entertainment.

As most on here know, I've been no angel when it comes to football matches, but it is going to far when it is spoiling other peoples enjoyment of the game. or even worse when the trouble is going on infront of Women and children, personally i find the fact that people sing songs like 2pounds an hour to stewards embarrasing, although i do agree that something has to be done about our away support to stop us becoming even more of a laughing stock..

Naming beer, clothing, standing and singing as a way of identifying these little scrotes is way off.

I like to drink at games, some will even point out that on occasion I drink more than is socially acceptable in public. wink.gif

I like to wear a lot of clothes that some would call "chavy", "terrace wear" or even "hoolie" (OK, I'm not a fan of Burbury, AquaScrotom or Clone Island, but I do tend to wear Henri Lloyd (not sad stripey jumpers), LaCoste and lots of retro stuff (I even managed to get me some Trimm Trabs smile.gif ). I do however tend to wear colours to games so I don't get mistaken for a scrote. Yes, I too like to wear what these guys class as "good clothes" (plus I've got through too many pies to wear what they so eloquently describe as "faggot clothes").

I do like to sing, especially whilst standing (however I'm socialy responsible enough to only stand when it if doesn't effect others). Quite often on the back row near these little arses.

..... however, as far as I know I never been mistaken for one of the little social maladjusts that have been attending away games in growing numbers over the last few years. Why ? Becuase it's not about beer, clothing or how you watch the game, it's simply about how they want to be percieved by their peers and their complete lack of respect to those that aren't.

They wan't to be the man, they wan't to be the one that one monday their mates text each other about. But none of the are, they are just a little bunch of kiddie wannabes. What's more it'll all end in serious tears, today it was a few kids with cones and stones, one of these days you #### off some serious boys and they coach won't be there for you to run onto.

They don't realise how close you came to getting a kicking from the locals in the Bluebird in Cardiff (assuming they are who I think they are) when they turned some good natured banter into something much more agresive by starting singing No Surrender. (Apologies if this wasn't you guys).

Finally, Invisible Man (and remember, nobody is THAT invisible to us wink.gif ) As for name, how about "Blackburn Youth" because after all, that what you want people to think you are don't you.

People, people. This whole incident has been blown out of all proportion. I was on the Ewood Blues coach on Saturday, it was handbags with a bit of needle, nothing more. There were very few bricks thrown, it was mainly little stones. The fact that almost all Rovers fans dived back on to the coaches when a baying mob of Villa 'fans' charged towards us tells its own story of which set of people were the perpertrators.

Do none of the posters remember the 1970s and 80s? A time of REAL football violence when every game included the very real chance of serious injury. Such incidents today shock us, because it is now such a minor part of our game and suprising to see such scenes.

To be fair to Wez and his mates, if you are a regular away fan, it is galling to be criticised for singing and the like when all you are tying to do is follow your club and hopefully drive on the team, this is made very difficult by the very poor followings at some away games (Villa, Boro standing out), the numbers being that small it seems strange to hear singing at all.

Though some of the chants are nonsenscial beyond belief, £2 an hour? to stewards and now even police, I'm sure most constables would wet themselves at such a suggestion knowing the sort of overtime pay they recieve.

This thread is a joke.  Just cos' we like to have a few beers and have a laugh when we go on an away day doesnt mean we are scum!

Everyone takes the ###### outa our support and im not supprised.  I was imbarresed by everyone else on Saturday.  Maybe if you lot opened your mouths we wouldnt need to go mental trying to get it going.

We are not going anywhere!!!  Cos' we are the drunk and disorderly!!   ph34r.gif  biggrin.gif

342818[/snapback]

You clearly are though what most people would consider ''scum.''

Myself included.

I don't know why you choose to make a complete fool of yourself not only with your chav style of writing, but blatant prejudice views on people who bascially aren't ''scum.'' Your just a complete liability at every football match in every way, apart from the money you give to the club.

The irony is with your particular prejudices are that you consider people who wear tight clothes from time to time to be ''faggotty.''

That to you probably suggests they are ''soft.'' (Whatever that means)

Irony of all irony, if I ever wore something ''tight,'' it would be made seemingly that way by my immensely good physique...

Which crazily would result in the fact I could probably kick the crap out you, as would most people, despite on appearence you might label me, and perhaps others on this board as ''soft and boring.'' Get into your thick skulls unassuming, and hell bent on watching and analyzing a football match you've paid money to watch doesn't seperate us into ''good'' and ''bad'' supporters. It seperates us into ''logical'' and ''plain stupid.''

There is something for you to think about next time your wheeling 16 year old lads about in the back of your ford nova, loving every moment they worship you. You could even spend some time thinking about it when your licking envelopes 9-5.

Now you may have noticed I've stereotyped you in every way.... Note how much it's annoying you when you read this.

Edited by shillito15

Yawn!

Let me just set the recored straight about myself.

1. I have a girlfreiend.

2. I have a decent job in an office with a market leading company.

3. I have a university education.

4. I am not a kid, I am 20 years of age.

5. I am not a chav. Just like to wear nice designer lables.

6. I am not an alcoholic... well not officially.

I was sat behind somebody coming back on the coach from Cardiff, and half of the journey was unbearable needless to say uncomfortable.

Everyone on the coach was tired and down, and this guy whilst still drinking on the coach was trying to get everyone to sing, he was shouting, swearing and generally abusive. He turned to an old guy sat in the seats opposite why people didn't want to sing and the guy politely as him to be quiet he threatened to take him out.

This pratt (sorry) totally ruined what was an otherwise a good day out and it's not fair that decent people should have to put up with idiots like him.

Surely something should be done.

Yawn!

Let me just set the recored straight about myself.

1.  I have a girlfreiend.

2.  I have a decent job in an office with a market leading company.

3.  I have a university education.

4.  I am not a kid, I am 20 years of age.

5.  I am not a chav.  Just like to wear nice designer lables.

6.  I am not an alcoholic... well not officially.

342881[/snapback]

What doesnt add up?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.