BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbie Savage

Tris

For me, Savage needs to forget the TV cameras. 

343904[/snapback]

That's like asking Paul Dickov to forget the referee and not bitch everytime a decision is not found in his favour.

Robbie Savage is an attention-seeker (or 'high maintenance' as Mark Hughes diplomatically put it). Birmingham fans will tell you that he, not satisfied with doing what he does best - i.e defensive work, has always had the habit of making rushes into the box to try and score and receive the adulation of the crowd, usually failing to convert and leaving a gaping cavity in midfield.

The Armani tattoo etc. merely confirm his love to be the centre of attention. Quite frankly, he's not a good enough player to be the centre of attention. It's alright Ronaldinho regaling the world with his 'show-offy' skills but Savage should accept his short-comings.

Ryan Nelsen is the perfect role-model for him. An excellent player, without being flash, without expecting the world to revolve around him and getting attention due to his talent and nought else. (But leopards don't change their spots, so Sav is not going to change despite anything).

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you look back you'll see that you were the one who "went for the jugular" with your first in-your-face reply. I quote "or are you still struggling to understand the obvious?"

Maybe you need a few more months off.  biggrin.gif

343963[/snapback]

Which part of rational argument and discussion to you struggle to deal with? A comment about understanding the obvious is hardly offensive, yet you come back with "I think the only person making a cock of themselves at the moment is you Tris."

Which is entirely your style - offensive - and is why so many people on this MB think you're a complete pr!ck.

This is a discussion forum, not Scotty's Sarcastic Salon. If you need a release then go and play with some dingles.

If sky ask Savage questions in an interview he cant just not answer a question can he, he has to give them answers otherwise it would bve a pretty sh!t interview!

On the pitch he runs his @#/? of for 90 minutes every game and always gives his all, however i do agree that he has very, very little quality on the ball.

If you wear a centre midfielder for any other side and you were playing Rovers you wouldnt be pleased to see Savage up against you.

If he had half a brain, he could give half sensible answers probably, without making himself appear a complete prat. However, apparently, he hasn't.

He used to run all over the pitch for Leicester years ago as well and not achieve very much. Plus ça change!

If he had half a brain, he could give half sensible answers probably, without making himself appear a complete prat.  However, apparently, he hasn't.

He used to run all over the pitch for Leicester years ago as well and not achieve very much.  Plus ça change!

344021[/snapback]

must of done someithng for brimingham and then rovers to sign him..........

Savage has been our best midfield player this season imo and was one of the few players to emerge from Villa last week with some credit. 

343913[/snapback]

I agree with that.

Savage was the one, who was closing down Villa players in injury time trying to make something happen.

He still isn't match fit, which will come in a game or two. Savage will be a better player than people think, he doesn't get the credit he deserves because of who he is and how he winds people up.

He isn't my favourite player, he does look like an idiot at times, but Savage may be an important player give time. Savage and Reid together in the midfield, help each other and work well together.

Which part of rational argument and discussion to you struggle to deal with?  A comment about understanding the obvious is hardly offensive, yet you come back with "I think the only person making a cock of themselves at the moment is you Tris."

Which is entirely your style - offensive - and is why so many people on this MB think you're a complete pr!ck.

This is a discussion forum, not Scotty's Sarcastic Salon.  If you need a release then go and play with some dingles.

344016[/snapback]

Ah tris, it's lovely to have you back. smile.gif

I'd suggest your comment was just as offensive as mine, I even put a smilie after mine to show it was meant jokily, but if you're too sensitive a flower to see that then that's up to you.

And I can't say that I'm too bothered whether "so many people on this MB think [i'm] a complete pr!ck" or not - I suspect there's a few who like reading my posts as well. But of course, you making that comment isn't offensive in the slightest is it? Just like calling Jan names isn't either. Oops, sorry - a bit more sarcasm there.

It is a bit worrying that you can get so worked up over something as trivial as a Robbie Savage interview. I'd hate to see what you're like if something important happens.

I think this Savage thing is slowly being blown out of all proportion.

Yes he's been here 8 months, but that's misleading. How many games has he played? Not many!

If the interview Savage gave was any other Rovers player nothing would have been mentioned. It's because it's Robbie Savage. Like it or not he's a high-profile player. He might not be famous for dazzling skills but he knows what he's good at. I missed the West Ham and Villa games but against Spurs and Fulham he was spot on.

Savage is rich - that's a fact. Of course he's going to wear designer labels. Why people have a problem with that I don't know. What do you expect him to wear on the golf course? A Rovers Shirt?

There are some intelligent people on this board who would perhaps answers questions differently to Robbie Savage. That's because they will have probably had the correct education and schooling. He will have left school at 16 and had a life of football. He's no media genius.

Give him a break. If he has a bad season slaughter him at the end of it and not four games into it. £3m may have been too much and he may like the attention but I fear some of us here are judging far too quickly.

One thing I do know is that when Robbie Savage plays he gives 100% every time, and that's all I ask.

And there is the extremely dirty and unpleasant pot calling the shiny new kettle black.

344028[/snapback]

Aaaahhhh this is so sweet!!!

Janice and Scotty fighting each others battles in a mini mb love in!!

You two aren't trying to make kids on the side are you? unsure.gif

Ok, so Savage is a bit of pratt. I knew that before he signed for Rovers, but I also knew he was a good player. Personally I don't give a flying bollock what he does off the park as long as it doesn't affect his performances on it.

If people are unhappy with his displays for us, that's fine and they can look for reasons wherever they like - but doing a two minute interview for Sky complaining about Toshack isn't a valid one.

I'm in the who cares bracket. Savage is royal pain to play against, why would Rovers fans not like him? We cry blue murder when public enemy no. 1; Emerton "doesn't try", but Savage runs his nuts off every week and gets slated for doing an interview on a golf course wearing a Ping hat and talking about WALES. Most people know he's no Zidane, but he is very effective at clsong down the opposition and dneying them space for other teammates to play. He's played a good few times for his country and pretty much all of his career in the Premier League. Why have a go, he plays for us and tries.

hes the only person this season that has put 100% in every game without fail!! altho he doesnt have the skills and creativity of the likes of beckham, gerrard, lampard this doesnt make him stand out as much but he is the BEST midfielder around which does the same job as he does..... tracking down good tackles and good strings of passes and he ALLWAYS wants the ball! he gets thr broud fired up by raising his hands saying comeon!! he has done this at every game i have seen him play this season

hes the only person this season that has put 100% in every game without fail!! altho he doesnt have the skills and creativity of the likes of beckham, gerrard, lampard this doesnt make him stand out as much but he is the BEST midfielder around which does the same job as he does..... tracking down good tackles and good strings of passes and he ALLWAYS wants the ball! he gets thr broud fired up by raising his hands saying comeon!! he has done this at every game i have seen him play this season

344150[/snapback]

Congratulations Wez. A whole post without a single 'lol'

That's like asking Paul Dickov to forget the referee and not bitch everytime a decision is not found in his favour.

Robbie Savage is an attention-seeker (or 'high maintenance' as Mark Hughes diplomatically put it). Birmingham fans will tell you that he, not satisfied with doing what he does best - i.e defensive work, has always had the habit of making rushes into the box to try and score and receive the adulation of the crowd, usually failing to convert and leaving a gaping cavity in midfield.

The Armani tattoo etc. merely confirm his love to be the centre of attention. Quite frankly, he's not a good enough player to be the centre of attention. It's alright Ronaldinho regaling the world with his 'show-offy' skills but Savage should accept his short-comings.

Ryan Nelsen is the perfect role-model for him. An excellent player, without being flash, without expecting the world to revolve around him and getting attention due to his talent and nought else. (But leopards don't change their spots, so Sav is not going to change despite anything).

344014[/snapback]

Is this Rover6's best ever post?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.