SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbie Savage

Tris

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ssshhh..................don't tell Tris but Sav is apparently on the Breakfast Show on Talksport tomorrow morning!

smile.gif

344502[/snapback]

Says it all really Rev doesn't it?

Sav probably tried for Soccer am, but has ended up with the radio equivalent of the Sunday Sport - the same radio station which spent the 5 hours following the Spurs game calling for the Premier League to dock us some points!

As he was part of the problem last Wednesday night, he'll probably get taken to bits - live on air. But it'll be fine, cos who the **** will be listening?

Just watched Toshack and he really is a kn*b. It is personal between him and Savage - also Hughes and Bowen may I add.

So Savage can come out and says what he wants regarding Wales. As I said in my previous post, Hughes has advised him this season not to speak to press before/after matches, but he is allowed to air his grievances over Wales which is fair enough.

344204[/snapback]

He ain't half embarrassing.

Toshack drops him from the squad originally, which to me would've been a clear sign that he wasn't welcome. He takes the hint, so "retires" with a lot of bitchy comments in the press, slagging off Toshack's fondness for fried bananas etc, giving the overall impression that it's no skin off his nose.

Now he thinks he might've been a bit hasty, and suddenly it is important for him to play for his country, so is conducting a campaign via the media to get himself re-instated, which if he had zero chance of a recall before, he's got even less now.

You can tell he used to play for Birmingham, must've learned a few tricks from Brucie!

All I can say from an English standpoint is thank you Tosh for snubbing Savage.

No way would England be getting 3 points today if Sav had been playing for Wales.

344565[/snapback]

Agreed, Sven is a joke. Multi million pound 'stars' out there in the England shirt playing like Burnley's reserves.

World Cup ? You're having a laugh.

So...the general consensus is that Savage can be a bit of a tit but he's our tit...so he's an alright tit rather than just a right tit?

To be fair to Sav...Toshack is another who can start a fight in an empty room and has a history of falling out with people in a public manner. Like Bellamy and Souness, a Savage and Toshack working relationship without fireworks was never likely to happen.

Well...Mark Hughes is certainly happy enough that Savage is no longer in the plans of Wales boss John Toshack.

MARK'S SAVAGE MESSAGE

Hughes : "The fact that he is no longer playing international football is something that can only help Robbie. I think he is now clear in his own mind that part of his career is over and it is time to move on. He will now be able to benefit from the breaks he will get and I think he will reap the benefits as a player - and that's good news for Blackburn."

Can't fault his work rate today, but then can anyone ever?

His delivery at set pieces remains - at best - inconsistent, and his booking for being a gobsh!te is inexcusable.

If he feels it absolutely necessary to get booked in every single game, then he should at least make sure it's for a trademark injury-inducing lunge rather than for whining at Graham Poll.

He hasnt impressed me in terms of a creative spark. He is a good defensive midfielder but him and Mokoena together virtually showed our ambitions.

His set-pieces are really disappointing and I cant see why he takes so many when MGP is on the pitch.

Still has a long way to go to justify his fee.

I have to say, ive defended Savage before, but today i thought he was very bad. Yes he did ok defensively but how mnay times did Rovers pass the ball around with about 5 passes only for Savage to play a pointless long ball in the air to nobody.

He wased sooo much possesion- that game was there for the taking

Who's looking for praise? Sam simply says that because of Savage and Reid, Bolton couldn't play anything out.

That's what Savage is there for and that's what he did.

346159[/snapback]

Which is all fine Den, but if that's what he's there for then someone needs to ban him from taking free kicks and corners, and tell him not to accumulate needless bookings for backchatting the ref for 40 minutes, when he can perfectly well pick up yellows for going through opponents (sorry - closing them down) and maybe putting them out of the game.

The Opta stats on Savage at half time were stunningly good- way ahead of any other player in number of successful tackles, passes completed etc etc.

When Bolton were getting on top during the first half, savage was the key difference in keeping it 0-0.

The whinge to poll was about the stupid booking he'd just given Matteo. At that point Poll was giving everything and anything in favour of Bolton.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.