BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton 0 - 0 Rovers

Scotty

I think it will be a close game, with 1 goal in it and possibly a 1-1 draw (we’ve had a few of them over the years!)

Rovers line up (probable) 4-4-1-1

------------------------Friedel-------------------------------

Neill -------Nelsen------------Zurab/Matteo----------Gresko-----

Emerton------Reid-------------Savage----------------Pedersen-----

-----------------------Bentley-------------------------------

-------------------------Kuqi----------------------------

Subs: Bellamy, Matteo/Zurab, Johnson/Jansen, Tugay, Enckelman

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gotta be Matteo at centre-back with Nelsen - but I doubt it will be.

A difficult one to call - but with Emerton having been on international duty, and not playing particulalry well - I wouldn't be surprised to see Bentley make his debut - in this formation :-

Friedal

Neil Nelsen Matteo Gresko

Reid Mokuena Savage Pedersen

Bentley

Kuqi (Bellamy if fit)

Jesus H we aint sold out, tickets available on day

345598[/snapback]

Both Newcastle and Everton have failed to sell out at the Breeze Block this season and with our game being shown live on Sky i'd doubt we'd sell out either.

It's gotta be Matteo at centre-back with Nelsen - but I doubt it will be.

A difficult one to call - but with Emerton having been on international duty, and not playing particulalry well - I wouldn't be surprised to see Bentley make his debut - in this formation :-

Friedal

Neil      Nelsen    Matteo    Gresko

Reid      Mokuena  Savage  Pedersen

Bentley

Kuqi (Bellamy if fit)

345761[/snapback]

Zurab at centre half anyone?

Neill, Zurab, Nelsen, Matteo

Emerton, Reid, Savage, MGP

Bentley

Kuqi

I can only see goals in this one. Our back four of Neill, Zurab (Khizanishvili to his friends), Nelsen, Matteo have yet to play together and will have their hands full.

Still we'll sneak it 5-4. Jaidi, Gardiner, Fadiga and Worthington for the Trotters and Bellamy x2, Dickov, Amoruso and Thompson for Rovers.

Despite the goals it'll be an awful game to watch, simply terrible.

I'd be inclined to postpone Zurab's debut until next week and put Matteo in at centre-half, giving Gresko a go at left back.

This is because Zurab's aerial ability has been questioned by some board members and more importantly, many Rangers fans that I've spoken to. With Bolton's style of play we'll be needing someone in their who can win the ball in the air... in this case Matteo is better suited.

I'm excited by the Bentley signing but I'm struggling with where I'd like to see him play on sunday. His best position is where Steven Reid plays but I'd be loathe to drop Reid at present. In the current climate of 'Brett bashing' it would be easy to advocate playing him on the right, but although I'm not Emerton's biggest fan, I do think he's capable of something that could turn a game for us ... admittedly this happens far too seldom.

The other option is to drop Tugay or Savage, play Reid in a more withdrawn role and let Bentley play in his favoured position behind the front man.

Anyway .. fingers crossed Bellamy is fit and Jaidi/Gardner are not!!

tinykit.gif 2-1 Rovers

C'mon!!!

Bolton to score 1st, rovers to win 2-1.

Savage to score!

Iv been informed also that the Pub at the top of the road where the roundabout is 'The beehive' will be serving away fans

345795[/snapback]

Good news about the Beehive.

Going into Bolton town centre first then upto Horwich.

The thing with Bolton is you know exactly how they are going to play. Long balls to Davies, long throws to Davies. They just lump it in there and pick up the peices. We have an unsettled defence, I'm worried about this fixture. Although it is one of my favourite games of the season.

345607[/snapback]

Nelsen will eat this type of play for breakfast. Keep lobbing the ball up and he'll keep knocking them back. Davies is in for a REAL game!

Nelsen will eat this type of play for breakfast. Keep lobbing the ball up and he'll keep knocking them back. Davies is in for a REAL game!

345828[/snapback]

It's the Admiral's first crack at Bolton, isn't it? He'll enjoy them! Just looking at last year's reports, and remembering, my they were lucky at Ewood - never mind Spit's play-acting, at least two of them should have got sent off!

Should be a cracking game. Graham Poll's the referee.

Bellamy probably won't be quite ready but 'twould be nice to see Kuqi get his first league goal, Dickov sneak in another and perhaps a classy one from MGP. I'll settle for any two of the three against one from Bolton!

It's the Admiral's first crack at Bolton, isn't it?  He'll enjoy them!  Just looking at last year's reports, and remembering, my they were lucky at Ewood - never mind Spit's play-acting,  at least two of them should have got sent off!

Should be a cracking game.  Graham Poll's the referee.

Bellamy probably won't be quite ready but 'twould be nice to see Kuqi get his first league goal, Dickov sneak in another and perhaps a classy one from MGP.  I'll settle for any two of the three against one from Bolton!

345834[/snapback]

See may get your wish mum, I can see Kuqi being a bit of a bother for Notlobs defence. Games on Telly over here, PPV though but I plonk down me money and watch it. Fingers crossed for a result.

I do worry about the disruption to our defence. I really hope Zurab does not start as I do not think it is a game he should be playing in after only two training sessions with us.

As there will be a lot of high balls and obviously it will be a physical game then Matteo should move to centre back (his natural position) and Gresko comes in at left back.

Looking forward to seeing Bentley's debut.

In front on the Sky cameras, let's hope we can do ourselves justice and keep 11 men on the park.

Edited by John

I do worry about the disruption to our defence. I really hope Zurab does not start as I do not think it is a game he should be playing in after only two training sessions with us.

As there will be a lot of high balls and obviously it will be a physical game then Matteo should move to centre back (his natural position) and Gresko comes in at left back.

Looking forward to seeing Bentley's debut.

In front on the Sky cameras, let's hope we can do ourselves justice and keep 11 men on the park.

345989[/snapback]

Totally agree John Zurab will need more time to ajust to the team only 2 training sessions is'nt enough. Matteo should fill Todd's position. Tesco has been playing quite well and should been given a chance at left back.

Anyone going on the train? Off around Bolton first then up to Horwich

I'd be inclined to play Matteo at centre back myself, with Gresko coming in at left back. It is too big and important a game for an untried defender to make his debut in. There is no doubt that it will be a difficult game for us tomorrow, but we are capable of getting a result. I hope that we play a 4-3-3, rather than a 4-5-1. Here's to a 2-1 Rovers victory.

I know the Scots are saying Zurab's a bit slow and weak in the air. Mind you, some of the Scots think Dado Prso is good and he was absolutely crap in Malta last Wednesday so you cannot trust a Sunday Pub Lunch view of the world.

But this particular untried Rovers defender played Shekchenko out of an international match in his most recent full 90 minutes of football last week.

Something Todd for sure couldn't do. (I think Shevchenko is World Footballer of the Year again but I might be mistaken).

I'll go with Sparky's judgement on this one.

Edited by philipl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.