SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Zurab Khizanishvilli

colin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought he looked OK, nothing outstanding just OK, but Sam clearly doesn't rate him at all. Even though he was fit last year he hardly featured at all in an injury plagued season. Who knows maybe he just hasn't impressed in training.

So the obvious question was - what's the point in keeping him if his wages are high? I'm guessing they were hoping for a sale over summer but will now happily make do with a loan.

I like Zurab and wish him the best if he does move on. He's a steady defender and never complained once despite being out of the team for the majority of the time. In this day and age that is rare, so fair play to Zura.

He does seem a bit too laid back at times to be a centre half, but he always gave his best for us.

The clubs have been speaking for a couple of days and this should happen.

Zurab is on big wages and in the current climate he probably needs to be off the payroll...I understand the amount of who pays what is the final hurdle here.

It's cheaper than buying St.Ledger, so Boro think it makes good sense.

Rovers should have enough cover with all of the defenders at the club now.

Will the deal include an option for Boro to buy Zurab with a set price when the loan expires? And if so, any indication of what amount that price would be? Cheers :rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.