BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Loaned Players In Action

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie Nolan didn't have the best of starts for Stockport after they got battered 7-2 at home. Had a quick look through the match report and it doesn't say any goals were directly his fault, so that is good I suppose.

• 5 months later...
gallagher has just come on for PNE, within a minute he had a one to one with the keeper but shot wide

Thank god for that, had 20 quid on Liverpool, WBA, Man Ure and Coventry in an accumulator today.

Liverpool and West Brom were home and dry after half an hour in the 3p.m. games, the Red Scum made me sweat but Saha scored fairly late on.

I'd given up on Coventry as they were one down with about fifteen minutes to go but they evidently won 2-1! :blink:

He's a Championship star......and a below average Premiership player.

I think he's an average premiership player. Unfortunately that isn't good enough for a side wanting to challenge for the top 6, particularly for a player of his type.

• 2 months later...

Millwall snap up Blackburn youngster

With Bryan Hodge, the 20 year-old midfielder, going to Millwall this means we now have three players on loan.

Hodge - Millwall

Paul Gallagher - Preston North End

Frank Fielding - Wycombe Wanderers

There is also apparently a youngster called "Macky" Eboigbe on loan at Cercle Brugge as well.

It seems that Gally has not been playing or even on the bench in the last few games. Anyone know if that is due to injury or the manager just not being impressed by him?

It seems that Gally has not been playing or even on the bench in the last few games. Anyone know if that is due to injury or the manager just not being impressed by him?

I'm told he's not injured.

Gally after singing on loan at pne played a few games scored 1 or 2 then when they beat Coventry set up two goals and was mom but then after that he had a couple of stinkers and missed a pen last week so hes been dropped for Karl Hawley also Neil Mellor and Omerod are back after injury.

Gally after singing on loan at pne played a few games scored 1 or 2 then when they beat Coventry set up two goals and was mom but then after that he had a couple of stinkers and missed a pen last week so hes been dropped for Karl Hawley also Neil Mellor and Omerod are back after injury.

If he gets replaced by Neil Mellor we should be very worried. I saw him at the start of the season vs Chorley and he didn't look good enough to play at that level!

Watched Neil Danns play for Birmingham reserves tonight. He scored and had some good touches but he isn't going to make it big time!

Whilst I never thought Danns was going to make it 'big time' per se, I always felt when he left we would see him back in the Premiership again. I felt he would become a Prem regular with some club too, but I didn't envision the rise in standards that have taken place in the Prem. It's now more likely he will become a Championship club's regular.

• 2 weeks later...

A nice roundup of our loaned players' results on the official site now, very conveniant!

1. Will you make this a weekly thing, Lee?

2. Gally's the only player not impressing, even though all the teams (except Hodge's Millwall) lost? Are they really that good, or is it biased?

Last week, I turned the radio on to hear commentary on a Millwall game. So I thought, I wonder if Hodge is playing, but having listened to most of the first half in which his name hadn't been mentioned, I assumed not. However, there was a twist - the commentator reading out the line-ups for the second half mentioned Bryan Hodge as playing CM. So, intrigued as I was, I listened to the second half of the match - and again, I swear, Hodge was not mentioned once. :unsure:

Maybe he should get the call from England... :rover:

Edited by rover6

• 1 month later...

Living in Stoke I got to see a lot of Paul Gallagher during his loan spell and I thought he was a very good loan signing for stoke. I just carnt really see him getting a decent run of games at Ewood for quite a while especially while we have a more exciting prospect in Deryshire.

Ps a lot of my mates have never forgiven me for the sale of both Marlon Broomes and Dominic Matteo to their beloved Stoke

• 6 months later...

Jamie Clarke to Accy Stanley. I think he played in their friendly against Burnley. Good opportunity for the speedy sick-note! No, seriously, he's had bad injury problems so a clean season would be great, and some goals.

Edited by rover6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.