SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Newcastle 3

American

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just heard a rumour (no idea if it's true!) that the best supported club in world, with the most passionate fans have only sold 2,800 tickets to date!

Combine this with other topics concerning falling attendances. 

Great North Run on Sunday and £6 on Sky.

We're selling them tickets at £30 with concessions.

Only 20,000 at Ewood on Sunday?

347160[/snapback]

Always one to like a good rumour, but the landlord of the Fernhurst (Michael - the one with the Geordie accent!), spoke to the Police and was told that NUFC have sold just 2500 and that they've gone on open sale.

A couple of years ago they were bringing 7000 to Ewood, now it looks like it'll be 3000.

21000 for Sunday.

Always one to like a good rumour, but the landlord of the Fernhurst (Michael - the one with the Geordie accent!), spoke to the Police and was told that NUFC have sold just 2500 and that they've gone on open sale.

A couple of years ago they were bringing 7000 to Ewood, now it looks like it'll be 3000.

21000 for Sunday.

347188[/snapback]

Just to follow that, tickets will be on sale on the day, to the Newcastle fans.

NUFC

3-1 Rovers - hope Sparky plays 4-4-2 with Bellamy / Kuqi being too much for Bramble and Boumsong to deal with, the Spanish reject is bound to score, Bellamy / Kuqi and Reid, P45 in the post on Monday morning to Mr Souness.

For those of you, like me, who are not season ticket holders the adult admission price for Cat A matches (IE Newcastle) the ticket price is now £30.00. Just in case you were thinking of coming down rather than watching it in the pub.

347128[/snapback]

Beware the enemy within.... dry.gif

Just ask him the thickness of the dust in their trophy cabinet.

347288[/snapback]

Already tried that. I got a cold shiver when I actually heard myself banging on about what we had won and what they hadn't and thought - shut your mouth, you sound like a Man U fan.

Dear me Cocker, if you cannot hold your own against a bar code now, you never will be able to! (Fat Freddie, Souness, Shearer runs the show, hamstrings, Saunders, how much for Boumsong?, "the defence", where are you in the League today?, £38m this summer bought you the side that you are putting out at Ewood on Sunday?!?, £100m spent by Bobby Robson won which trophies?, I can tell you what its like to win the Premiership/ at Cardiff so you can enjoy the experience vicariously- I'm nice that way, how many thugs did you sign?, Dyer and Bowyer still playing together for you?, which hamstrings?, Ewood Park turf hard enough for you? somebody once told me you are a big club- aren't big clubs supposed to win things?, tell me about your defenders, what is a hamstring injury? happy to see Bellamy and Jenas leave? Souness achieved a Cup win and two European qualifications for Rovers- he must have won the Champions League at least for you by now if you are a big club, how many Managers turned you down last year? and how many will turn you down this year? did I mention hamstrings?....)

Dear me Cocker, if you cannot hold your own against a bar code now, you never will be able to! (Fat Freddie, Souness, Shearer runs the show, hamstrings, Saunders, how much for Boumsong?, "the defence", where are you in the League today?, £38m this summer bought you the side that you are putting out at Ewood on Sunday?!?, £100m spent by Bobby Robson won which trophies?, I can tell you what its like to win the Premiership/ at Cardiff so you can enjoy the experience vicariously- I'm nice that way,  how many thugs did you sign?, Dyer and Bowyer still playing together for you?, which hamstrings?, Ewood Park turf hard enough for you? somebody once told me you are a big club- aren't big clubs supposed to win things?, tell me about your defenders, what is a hamstring injury? happy to see Bellamy and Jenas leave? Souness achieved a Cup win and two European qualifications for Rovers- he must have won the Champions League at least for you by now if you are a big club, how many Managers turned you down last year? and how many will turn you down this year? did I mention hamstrings?....)

347296[/snapback]

Whats your mobile number? I may need to give you a call next time I am in a debate biggrin.gif

The problem I have is that he isnt a 'real' fan so most of the history stuff will mean nothing to him - its these sorts of fans that wind me up the most

Edited by Cocker

The game is on Sky tomorrow right? I take it that it's on pay-per-view?

347313[/snapback]

That's the end of going to football matches isn't it?

Now Sky show it live on ppv a day before you're allowed into watch it at Ewood.

Anyway, Owen and Shearer have shown what Fat Freddie's idea of extra training is. They were playing at being celebs at the Film Premier of "Goal" in Leicester Square late last night. ph34r.gifthumbs-up.gif

Edited by philipl

Anyway, Owen and Shearer have shown what Fat Freddie's idea of extra training is. They were playing at being celebs at the Film Premier of "Goal" in Leicester Square late last night. ph34r.gif  thumbs-up.gif

347327[/snapback]

They also have a "local" Premiere in Newcastle on Sunday night at 7.30pm. A three line whip is forcing ALL the players to attend with their partners.

I dont' think i'll be able to watch Rovers play this week as its not on any of the usual stations here (even the ones i pay extra for so that i might get the chance of seeing them) but I have a good feeling about the game.

Rovers 2 - 1 Newcastle

Owen will pick up a break-away past our defense early on but Pederson and Kuqi will come back with 2 for us.

Now if only I could find some Russian oil fields I would get Rovers a their own TV station.

Formation: 4-5-1

Bad tempered match

Could go either way - depends on the plonker in the middle to my mind

Lets put it this way win or lose you know you will have been to a football match unlike some games.

Out on a limb 1-1 Owen and Nelson (backpost tap in 74 mins)

Before i post, a quick comment on the front page articule of the site. N'castle didnt bring 7k as they were allocated i believe a maximum of 5,500 (it may have been less).

Anyway, boy i wish this was a 3pm sat kick off not on sky, it would make the game so much better. Bigger crowd and better atmosphere, but unfortunatly its on sky t.v, the lifeblood but also killer of english football tinykit.gif

I think Rovers will win this game as our midfield will dominate. No dyer, emr...... y'all know who's missing! At home where we have played well so far this season will give us our 2nd victory of the season and much needed before a difficult trip to o/t next week! Obviously there will be some needle for this game, bellers, souness, owen (first away game) and Shearer last at Ewood.

A good game and victory for Rovers 3-1

Kuqi, emerton and mgp tinykit.gif

24,300 tinykit.gif

Oh and btw, guilt trip time. A mate of mine who lives in London but is orinally from Blackburn is, taking an overnight coach on sat night to blackburn for the sunday and then taking an overnight coach on the sun night for the monday. Who says Rovers fans aint putting the effort in LOL! rover.gif

Edited by BRFC4EVA

I have heard nufc barcodes have sold less than 3k tickets, looks like the football slumps has really hit home when we dont see 7k mad black and whites bobbing around Blackburn half cut.

not only will the Rovers coffers suffer, the pubs between newcastle and Blackburn will be 3/4 empty huh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.