BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Newcastle 3

American

I have heard nufc barcodes have sold less than 3k tickets, looks like the football slumps has really hit home when we dont see 7k mad black and whites bobbing around Blackburn half cut.

not only will the Rovers coffers suffer, the pubs between newcastle and Blackburn will be 3/4 empty huh.gif

347417[/snapback]

They only brought 5000 last season, from their 5500 allocation.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charming. If you posted in english it would be easier to understand.

Speaking of which, it's 'you' and 'knob'.

347403[/snapback]

Thanks for the English lesson but there really is no need. Despite 12 years in Scotland English i still my first language but I wasn't aware that speelyng and gramur were such big issues on this site.

I don't suppose that anyone reading this is aware of the situation with PPV TV on the Isle of Mull are they. Going to see Balamory at the weekend and just realised that my chances of seeing the game are about nil as the Shinty is also on Sunday as well as Hibs v Celtic.....bugger!

Usually when i feel this optimistic before a game i come out of the ground wanting to kill someone.

That said, im gonna predict a safe 1-1 draw smile.gif

Friedel

Neill Zurab Nelsen Matteo

Mokoenna

Reid Savage Pedersen

Bentley

Bellamy

Subs...Kuqi, Jansen, Emerton, Gresko, Tugay

I know im going for the cautious 1 up front but with reid and mgp and with bentley in a more attacking role behind bellers i think we have enough to batter the barcodes while at the same time being safe from the likes of owen with Mokoenna in the defensive role, i think moko is an absolute legend in that position!

Friedel

Neill Zurab Nelsen Matteo

Mokoenna

Reid  Savage   Pedersen

Bentley

Bellamy

Subs...Kuqi, Jansen, Emerton, Gresko, Tugay

I know im going for the cautious 1 up front but with reid and mgp and with bentley in a more attacking role behind bellers i think we have enough to batter the barcodes while at the same time being safe from the likes of owen with Mokoenna in the defensive role, i think moko is an absolute legend in that position!

347470[/snapback]

This formation and playing staff look pretty good to me. The Axe is superb as a DMC and he'll help cut off the ball to feet to Shearer. Savage will have lots of room to cover ground and harry people(which is what he's best at after all) Reid and MGP can still keep an eye on the wings, but can also tuck inside and help whilst Savage does his closing down. Potentially a lack of width if Reid and MGP tuck in too much, but you can almost give Bentley a free role to peel off onto either wing and help develop play. It'd be a nightmare for the Newcastle back line as to how to deal with him. He'd be dropping grenades all over the place. Bellamy(if fit) will scare the Newcastle defence and make them sit deeper, which will given Bentley even more room to operate in.

If Matteo isn't fit, as has been hinted at earlier in this thread then I don't know who to put in. It feels so long since I've had a good look at the alternatives...

In any event, c'mon Rovers, let's take it too 'em!

Edited by DanLad

Time for Private Fraser.............

SAR, if we score 4, I might have to join Bryan in Woolworth's window (some folk haven't forgotten that Bryan, though I can't remember what it was about!). On the other hand, maybe it was ironic wink.gif .

Will Bellamy be fit to start? I doubt it, might be better if he doesn't - remember West Ham - on the bench will do for me. Kuqi to start and 4-5-1 with Bentley looking to join Kuqi as much as poss.

We're doomed you know, all doomed wink.gif

PS Couple of years ago I wasn't looking forward to Rovers v Newc - we won 5-2. Fingers crossed.

I'll go for 1-1 in this one...although that seems kind of optimistic given that we haven't scored in three games and Newcastle have scored one all season.

Hopefully we'll show more adventure in this game, Newcastle have five of their first choice midfielders missing (Parker, Emre, Solano, Dyer, Luque) so we should be able to come out on top in that battle with an even four vs. four.

Friedel

Neill Nelsen Zurab Gresko

Emerton Savage Reid Pedersen

Bentley Bellamy

I'd like us to give that a try, or possibly Jansen and Bellamy up top with Bentley on the right.

Thieves broke into the NUFC trophy room.  Police are looking for a thief with a black and white carpet.

347372[/snapback]

ahem

do rovers have a trophy room or is it just that display case??

before you lot start the 'but its sooooo long ago' i know but read on chaps and chapesses

toon

Club Honours

Football League Champions

1904-05; 1906-07; 1908-09; 1926-27

FA Premier League Runners-up

1996; 1997

FL Division One (Two) Champions

FL Division Two Champions

FL promotion to top division

1898; 1948; 1984; 1965; 1993

FA Cup Winners

1910v Barnsley, Crystal Palace & Goodison Park

1924v Aston Villa, Wembley Stadium

1932v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium

1951v Blackpool, Wembley Stadium

1952v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium

1955v Manchester City

FA Cup Runners-up

1905v Aston Villa, Crystal Palace

1906v Everton, Crystal Palace

1908v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Crystal Palace

1911v Bradford City, Crystal Palace & Old Trafford

1974v Liverpool, Wembley Stadium

1998v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium

1999v Manchester United, Wembley Stadium

Football League Cup Runners-Up

1976 v Manchester City, Wembley Stadium

FA Charity Shield Winners

1909 v Northampton Town

FA Charity Shield Runners-up

1932, 1951, 1952, 1955, 1996

European Fairs Cup Winners

1969 v Ujpesti Dosza, St James' Park & Ujpest

ICFC/UEFA Cup entry

1968/69, 1969/70, 1970/71, 1977/78, 1994/95, 1996/97, 1999/00, 2003/04,2004/05

UEFA Champions League entry

1997/98 2002/2003

European Cup Winners Cup entry

1998/99

Texaco Cup Winners

1974; 1975

Anglo-Italian Cup Winners

and rovers (stay with me this bit is not as long as the last bit tongue.gif )

CLUB HONOURS

FA Premiership:

Champions: 1994-95

Runners-up: 1993-94

Division One:

Champions: 1911-12, 1913-14

Runners-up: 2000-01

Division Two:

Champions: 1938-39

Runners-up: 1957-58

Play-Off Winners: 1991-92

Division Three:

Champions: 1974-75

Runners-up: 1979-80

FA Cup:

Winners: 1884, 1885, 1886, 1890, 1891, 1928

Runners-up: 1882, 1960

Football League Cup:

Winners: 2002

Full Members Cup:

Winners 1987

FA Youth Cup:

Winners: 1959

Runners-up: 1998, 2000

If it's meant to be a direct comparison then we've also been FA Charity Shield Runners-up and entrants into the Champions League and UEFA Cup, categories you awarded to Newcastle but not ourselves  wink.gif

347603[/snapback]

Also, have a look at how he set out the design of the two listings, in which he purposely set it out differently and put more information to make it look more impressive than it really is.

For example, take the FA Cup winners comparison.

For Newcastle:

FA Cup Winners

1910v Barnsley, Crystal Palace & Goodison Park

1924v Aston Villa, Wembley Stadium

1932v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium

1951v Blackpool, Wembley Stadium

1952v Arsenal, Wembley Stadium

1955v Manchester City

For Rovers:

FA Cup:

Winners: 1884, 1885, 1886, 1890, 1891, 1928

There are six FA Cup wins for each, but clearly the Newcastle wins have been listed vertically to make the list look much bigger than that of Rovers, while he has also included a listing of the clubs that lost in Newcastle's case.

It's a clear deception, which demonstrates that Paddyk's grandstanding is bankrupt.

He missed the fact we've won the Charity Shield more often than they have as well, not forgetting our two "runners ups" in the Charity Shield in the 1990s.

Plus listing our promotions to the top league- we have less of those as we started at the top and share the distinction with Villa and Everton of being founder members of both the Football League and the Premier League. We haven't been relegated from the top division as often as Newcastle either.

...and our European appearances are missing from his "list"- at least we played in the Champions League as Champions!

So there are two major trophies Rovers have won which have eluded Newcastle- Premiership (1995) and League Cup (2002) and one major trophy which they've won which we haven't- Inter Cities Fairs Cup (1969).

Anyway, bragging rights are about this afternoon- should be a great game.

Edited by philipl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.