Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going

• Yes, I have my ticket
    • Maybe, but haven't got a ticket yet
    • No and I could have been, I simply don't want to be / can'r be botherd
    • No, because other comitments take precidence
    • No, because I feel it's too much money for a game like this
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (although I live within the UK)
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (I don't live within the UK)
    • No, for different reason all together
    • Lee Grooby stole my ticket

This poll is closed to new votes

I often think we should have a forum called "codgers corner", where all the old git's can disappear for an hour or two.

I can imagine all the old timers, - Theno, Me, Jim, Billy, Whittle blue, Dave Birch, Paul, Bazza and a few more [candidates please], can go and spend a quiet hour or two, reminiscing and dozing.

laugh.gif

347479[/snapback]

Do I qualify as a supporter since 1946-47?

Sounds like a very good idea, as we old timers will certainly have a huge fund of memories (good and bad) to chew over.

P.S. And we will be able to write in readable English as well!!

Edited by Fife Rover

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until 4.00pm I was going to go, plan was to buy tickets on the way home today. I've never deliberately missed a home game; only family events have ever stopped me going to Rovers. For the moment I'm not going, by choice. I'd like to think it's a protest but it's probably not as moral as that, I really just can't raise any enthusiasm at all.

I feel ghastly at the thought I'm chosing to stay at home........which may eventually force me to go. Is this what it has come to?

I feel ghastly at the thought I'm chosing to stay at home........which may eventually force me to go. Is this what it has come to?

347752[/snapback]

I feel exactly the same.

I will be there on Wednesday, but I will only go because it is a habit. I have not missed a home game for over 16 years so it has become almost a sense of duty.

I won't expect it to be a pleasure.

sad.gif

If Hughes doesn't play a full strength team I shall begin to doubt him. This match, win or lose, is an opportunity to sort out some problems, perhaps even try 4-4-2.

Hughes must play his best available 11.

347752[/snapback]

Im not going.

I decided today. I just have no enthusiasm for a Rovers game at the moment. Was chatting to some folks in the concourse pre match today, both seasoned fans, one for 60+ years, one for 30+ years. Already taking about not renewing....same old reasons.

4-5-1 against Huddersfield?......would he f'kin dare! mad.gif

347764[/snapback]

With all due respect dare what?

Play the formation he best see's for us to win a match?

Who the f*** are you to tell somebody who saved us when we were in deep sh*te last season, and has strengthened the squad dramatically since he has taken over what system he should be playing.

Do you really think he gives a flying sh*t what some fickle fan who knows not 1% as much about football than he does thinks he should be doing?

Short memories and over reacting personas really are two of the worst attributes any football fan can have.

Edited by shillito15

So you would be happy to see us play 1 up front against Div 1 town? WTF....

I respect that he kept us up last season but its about now,right here,right now and 4-5- f'kin-1 aint working sunshine...most can clearly see that.!!!

'Who the F***am I '?..one of the ever dwindling number of season ticket holders who pays good money to support this club and are entitled to voice their opinion.Most on here care with a passion and can see everything is not rosy in the Rovers garden.

Right or wrong, respect other peoples views without the abuse and you'll be a better man for it shilito15.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Who the f*** are you to tell somebody who saved us when we were in deep sh*te last season, and has strengthened the squad dramatically since he has taken over what system he should be playing.

347770[/snapback]

Firstly, YOU should calm the f*** down: SG's 194 has every right to feel desponded and dissapointed today. I know I do, and I'm sure the players, trainers and Hughes do too.

Secondly, our start of the season has not been much better than the abysmal opening games last year, when Souness was manager. And I reckon, he would've kept us up too, if he hadn't abandoned us. And truth be told - we played better football in the years with Souness than we've done this year with Hughes. Sure we don't concede much - but we're just about the most boring and uninspiring team in the premiership. Ever.

We have ability, skill. We need confindence and goals. A more attacking formation AND the strongest possible 11 against Huddersfield could make both happen....

I actually look forward to the match wednesday. Don't know why

Edited by DamienTC

Well today we saw one club who by there own standards are in the sh*te much more than us.

How did they respond, by singing their hearts out for 90 minutes and getting behind their under fire manager for the whole game.

How do we respond when the chips are down? By sitting in silence and coming on an internet messgeboard to whinge.

And furthermore, IF we are going to be playing 4-5-1 for the season, then YES i would rather we played it against Huddersfield. What is the point in trying to build confidence by using a system we will never use again.

I thought we played well today, didn't take our chances and were punished.

Basically we were subjected to the punishment EVERY SINGLE PREMIERSHIP TEAM IS FROM TIME TO TIME.

The fickleness to start calling Hughes and suggesting Souness could have done just a good a job over the last year is pathetic, two faced and sums up a un healthy amount of out fans.... Bandwagon jumping fools who are still on the gravy train hangover from the mid nineties.

I'd imagine a few players will be rested. But i feel we need to play Bellamy to get match fitness and Kuqi to hopefully score and get some confidence

----------------- Enckleman ------------------

--- Neill --- Nelsen -- Zurab -- Gresko -----

- Emerton -- Tugay --- Reid --- Jansen ---

------------Bellamy ------- Kuqi ---------------

Rovers 3-1 Huddersfield

Bellamy

Kuqi

Reid

Edited by grizfoot

Got my four tickets before today's game.

Let's get behind the team and right a few wrong's.

4-5-1 is fine, when the opposition have the ball.

What should happen is, when we get the ball, the wide mids should support the front man and it becomes 4-3-3. Let's get it right and put them to the sword.

We can't lose this one, I'm meeting some mate's from the old cowshed before the match.

Until 4.00pm I was going to go, plan was to buy tickets on the way home today. I've never deliberately missed a home game; only family events have ever stopped me going to Rovers. For the moment I'm not going, by choice.

I really just can't raise any enthusiasm at all.

347752[/snapback]

Same feeling here, I cant be bothered re arranging work schedules to accomodate Rovers or football anymore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.