Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going

• Yes, I have my ticket
    • Maybe, but haven't got a ticket yet
    • No and I could have been, I simply don't want to be / can'r be botherd
    • No, because other comitments take precidence
    • No, because I feel it's too much money for a game like this
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (although I live within the UK)
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (I don't live within the UK)
    • No, for different reason all together
    • Lee Grooby stole my ticket

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't go to the game, they're not supporting the club - simple.

Sorry Aggy, but i cannot agree with you there. sad.gif

Blackburn Rovers is not the 'be all & end all' of peoples lives.

I really REALLY hate all this "I`m a better fan than you" 5hit, which appears on this site all too often.

I know people who`ve supported Rovers for years, but due to their financial situations, they cannot afford to take the kids to Ewood. It`s a simple choice in some cases....

food, clothes, roof over head.....vs.....90 mins of football???

A wage will only go so far.

I would never EVER criticise anybody for not going to a football game, because i don`t know the situatuation they are in.

tinykit.gif

Then my post was worth the time and effort. thumbs-up.gif

348291[/snapback]

Well it's certainly riled me enough to think f**k you then I won't bother. I was wavering because I have to work late and to be honest because i'm so depressed by it all that i've had enough. Clearly the £500+ for my season ticket was wasted as i'm not a fan so I may as well not bother tomorrow.

I'm not going to the game - yet I've been to every game so far this season, I went to 75% (at least) of the games (home & away) last season, and the season before, etc.  I've been a season ticket holder for years and I've been going to watch Rovers for more than 25 years.

Am I a lesser supporter than someone going tomorrow?

348287[/snapback]

Does that mean I have to write a match report now sad.gif

Im not a fan either MB, I spent over £2k following the Rovers home and away last season between me and the boss. To put that into context that is around 10% of my income for the year gross of tax and the other crpa I pay out every month. And thats having a wife child and ###### great mortgage.

We arent true supporters because we miss a cup game against Huddersfield after the team put out what they have been doing recently.....

Ho hum, think what you want, I suspect you are being rather sanctimonious.

EDIT - By "great" I dont mean good, I mean large.

Edited by stuwilky

Nothing to do with tomorrows game (I'm going, by the way, just in case somebody tries to bite my head off), but I'd just like to point out that I've been to pretty much every game in the last two seasons, and I haven't seen Scotty at any point during those games he has supposedly "been" to.

Nothing to do with tomorrows game (I'm going, by the way, just in case somebody tries to bite my head off), but I'd just like to point out that I've been to pretty much every game in the last two seasons, and I haven't seen Scotty at any point during those games he has supposedly "been" to.

348299[/snapback]

I wish I hadn't seen you. Unfortunately you seem to keep turning up in the pubs I drink in.

Stalker.

348299[/snapback]

biggrin.gif

I'll be there, but it's probably more to do with the fact that I won't be able to afford to go to many more away games (other than the ones in and around the north west) this season more than anything else. I want to make the most of any home cup games we get, because I more than likely won't be able to travel if we get an exotic away draw.

It's certainly not because I think we'll be turning Huddersfield over easily and it'll be a goal feast - I think the results tonight have shown the lower division teams are giving the premiership teams a good game (watched Grimsby hold on and snatch a late winner against Spurs and it was well deserved)

Cheap tickets, nothing better to do on a Wednesday eve (yes, it's that bad) and the chance of actually getting a pie at half time have swung it for me.

Clearly the £500+ for my season ticket was wasted as i'm not a fan so I may as well not bother tomorrow.

348294[/snapback]

That's a good way of looking at it . I'm not going - I'll stay away and claw back a tenner from the £500 they conned from me at the beginning of the season (£16 if I include the kids )

i`m going, i hope to see a rovers goal

348323[/snapback]

Well bugger me backwards with a bargepole. I never actually thought of that one!

I'm doing the 60 mile round trip again. I must be off my head.

I'm not going to the game - yet I've been to every game so far this season, I went to 75% (at least) of the games (home & away) last season, and the season before, etc.  I've been a season ticket holder for years and I've been going to watch Rovers for more than 25 years.

Am I a lesser supporter than someone going tomorrow?

348287[/snapback]

Of course not but as Quack says there is no logic in not going to tonight's game and not donating 10 quid to club funds but then spending a small fortune on an away day out on Saturday of which 32 quid goes to the Buccaneers.

Not the best example for you maybe as you're Manchester based but I'm sure you'd be doing the same if it was an away game anywhere else.

Also with a low crowd anticipated every single bum on a seat is doubly important tonight.

It's in that sense you're not supporting the club in this particullar instance.

Well I'm going, tickets are only a fiver for me and I might, just might get to see Rovers win.

I really think we need to put out a strong team. By all means but in a few youngsters but I hope the majority need to be first team players. Oh and playing 4-4-2 would be nice smile.gif

Exactly my thoughts.

But people aren't going to pay to watch c*** football at the end of the day.

348216[/snapback]

This is one of the bizarre things about watching football-there are no guarantees.

You could watch 37 league games out of 38 and see crud week in week out and the fact remains that the 38th could still be an absolute craking match.

It`s just that at £10 to watch, the gamble is reduced considerabley than that of £30.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.