Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Huddersfield Cup Game - Are you going

• Yes, I have my ticket
    • Maybe, but haven't got a ticket yet
    • No and I could have been, I simply don't want to be / can'r be botherd
    • No, because other comitments take precidence
    • No, because I feel it's too much money for a game like this
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (although I live within the UK)
    • No, becuase I live too far from Ewood for a game like this (I don't live within the UK)
    • No, for different reason all together
    • Lee Grooby stole my ticket

This poll is closed to new votes

Huddersfield have a tricky winger and a forward who knows where the net is. On the other hand, they leak goals at the back and apparently have all their regular centre backs out injured.

If this isn't an invitation/neccessity to play it in the opposition's half, I don't know what is.

Hughes has said that Bellamy definitely starts and it will be a strong side he puts out. Players involved in last night's reserves won't be involved which only rules out Lee and Johnson amongst the players who might see first team action in the near future.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I appreciate the costs is only £3 for kids tonight, does anyone know if I will have to pay for my 10 month old son or can he go through the turnstile for free with me? Cheap tickets are great but I am going tonight even though i cant afford it, and £3 is £3...

(From once being a die hard fan I have become disillusioned with football in general lately, not just rovers, but am trying to reciprocate the clubs gesture of low ticket prices by taking the whole family tonight, even though for the first time ever i considered not going...perhaps something for people to think about. If we dont support the club tonight, on the back of the price, when will we ever?)

According to htfc website they have sold out their allocation that we game them first up and are selling on the door. I guess we game them 3,000 and they sold them out and will then sell more on the door.

Im going tonight, havent seen a goal yet this season so for a £5 i cant go wrong tinykit.gif

Although I appreciate the costs is only £3 for kids tonight, does anyone know if I will have to pay for my 10 month old son or can he go through the turnstile for free with me? Cheap tickets are great but I am going tonight even though i cant afford it, and £3 is £3...

(From once being a die hard fan I have become disillusioned with football in general lately, not just rovers, but am trying to reciprocate the clubs gesture of low ticket prices by taking the whole family tonight, even though for the first time ever i considered not going...perhaps something for people to think about. If we dont support the club tonight, on the back of the price, when will we ever?)

348414[/snapback]

Absolutely. I feel for JW and the rest of them - Rovers frequently run schemes with reduced ticket prices, and the fans very rarely react and actually turn up. If the fans reacted better to these initiatives, maybe the club would be inclined to make them more regular.

Edited by Tugay4England

This is game that Rovers must win and win well. There is no chance that Hughes will play a 4-4-2, so we may get to see some entertaining football for a change. Ill be interested to see how many are at the game tonight.

348417[/snapback]

i would be more concerned bout the formation and the need to win factor,the crowd i reall y dont care bout,theres too much we are better than you cos we have bigger crowds warriors on football sites at the mo,its borin childish tripe!its about time hughes gave the lads an attackin approach to certain games that we "feel "we can win not at home against a crap toon side with an awful defence!wake up sparks before its too late! thumbs-up.gif

It's not a case of if you don't go your not loyal or true or whatever. It's case of if you can go you should. I can't be bothered is not an excuse.

According to the Hughes on the officail website it looks like Bellamy will start and he hinted at him playing the full ninety, if that's not worth £10, £5 or £3 then I don't know what that is.

What Alan said about playing the lotto and watching Rovers is spot on. I want to be there if Bellamy scores a hat-trick or Jansen shows signs that he's comng back or Kuqi hits the target and funnily enough if we get beat 4-0 I want to be there too.

Support you team, buy a ticket.

I'm no longer motivated by going to Cup matches against lower division teams.

However, I am going tonight because it's going to be a low attendance. The club must not think that fans are not encouraged by the reduction in ticket prices. I regret the whole amount will not go to my club, but I would not be going if the tickets were full price.

I have been influenced by other posters but each person must make up their own mind.

I'll be there - I just hope that he tries Kuqi and Bellamy up front. Maybe give Taylor a go at left back.

We have to pair Reid and Savage - just to see if they can actually build any sort of understanding. I previously had high hopes for this pairing - not the most skillful - but both have high energy levels to play a high pressure pressing game. The one thing that is missing is a little bit of intelligence - as we need one to sit back as the other goes forward - the problem is both are inclined to run around like headless chickens at times. Oh for Tugay being 5 years younger.

It's case of if you can go you should. I can't be bothered is not an excuse.

Support you team, buy a ticket.

348427[/snapback]

Of course "I can't be bothered" is an excuse. There are reasons why people can't be bothered and until the club, and football in general, address those reasons then attendances will continue to fall.

And what gives people like you the right to tell any of us what we should and shouldn't do?

Edited by Scotty

Looking at the reserves line up last night, (unless he's injured) it looks as if Andy Taylor will play against Huddersfield tonight.

348348[/snapback]

On Radio Lancs this morning, Hughes said that, without wanting to tempt fate, if we were winning comfortably, that might be the time to introduce young players.

Please no extra time  sad.gif

348379[/snapback]

If goes to extra time and penalties I'll probably miss the beginning of Lost sad.gif Sincerely hope this isn't an omen. Let's get the job done in 90 minutes lads.

Of course not but as Quack says there is no logic in not going to tonight's game and not donating 10 quid to club funds but then spending a small fortune on an away day out on Saturday of which 32 quid goes to the Buccaneers.

Not the best example for you maybe as you're Manchester based but I'm sure you'd be doing the same if it was an away game anywhere else.

Also with a low crowd anticipated every single bum on a seat is doubly important tonight.

It's in that sense you're not supporting the club in this particullar instance.

348373[/snapback]

Thing is Revidge on Saturday I know I will have a really good day out, footy excepted, so i'm happy to pay. Tonight even if I can get out of work not long after 6, I have to rush home and then rush up to the match and I might just make it. All for something that I don't eant to watch. Where is the sense in that?

All this talk of supporting the club and loyalty is daft. Football has gone so far away from what it was in the 80's that you can't seriously think that you owe the club loyalty. In the 80's I remember John Haworth coming round the night before a game because they needed the lottery money my Dad collected. The club were reliant on the fans in those days.

How were they repayed? By being left outside Spartak Moscow's ground ticketless and helpless because John Haworth couldn't help as he would have missed the match himself. You see loyalty is a two way thing RB. If I can't afford my season ticket next year do you reckon i'll get a discount because i've been loyal?

I can't believe people seriously think we should pay money simply for the sake of it due to some kind of misguided loyalty. Football is now a business, an entertainment business. That entertainment is somewhat lacking at present so i'll be a little choosy about when and where I spend my time and money. If anyone has a problem with that then fine but you put down how much you've handed over to BRFC in the last 20 years and i'll put down how much I have and we'll see who is 'loyal'.

I'm not going to the game - yet I've been to every game so far this season, I went to 75% (at least) of the games (home & away) last season, and the season before, etc.  I've been a season ticket holder for years and I've been going to watch Rovers for more than 25 years.

Am I a lesser supporter than someone going tomorrow?

348287[/snapback]

Yes since you asked. At this moment in time your certainly a lesser fan than myself....it didn't even occur to me to miss the game tonight..... but in the same way I don't consider myself as loyal as the lads I know who go to all the reserve games home and away. It's wrong to assume all supporters are equal ... just another example of the cultural relativism that is pervaiding society at the moment.

For the fans that have said they're not going, fine , that's up to you.

Do the club a favour and don't post the fact on here, boasting about it like some anti-hero.

Apathy spreads, you're only putting negative thoughts into other supporters minds,

who themselves come up with cock and bull excuses not to go. I could come up with a dozen.

For the fans that have said they're not going, fine , that's up to you.

Do the club a favour and don't post the fact on here, boasting about it like some anti-hero.

Apathy spreads, you're only putting negative thoughts into other supporters minds,

who themselves come up with cock and bull excuses not to go. I could come up with a dozen.

348459[/snapback]

I'll post what I like thanks.

If goes to extra time and penalties I'll probably miss the beginning of Lost  sad.gif  Sincerely hope this isn't an omen. Let's get the job done in 90 minutes lads.

348447[/snapback]

... which is why <insert deity here> created Sky+ smile.gif

Seriously though, I'm knackered enough already. ET & pens would NOT go down well.

Yes since you asked. At this moment in time your certainly a lesser fan than myself....it didn't even occur to me to miss the game tonight..... but in the same way I don't consider myself as loyal as the lads I know who go to all the reserve games home and away. It's wrong to assume all supporters are equal ... just another example of the cultural relativism that is pervaiding society at the moment.

348451[/snapback]

At this moment in time maybe, but that wasn't the point I was making - as I suspect you know. The point was that I think I've proved my loyalty to the club over the years and could hold my end up in a loyalty argument with most Rovers fans. So I get a tad annoyed when people question that loyalty when I decide to miss a game.

And I haven't ever assumed all Rovers supporters are equal. What I do think though is that the people deciding not to go to this, or any other game, have their reasons for not doing so. As I said before, the club and football in general need to look at those reasons and try to address them. Simply slagging them off, questioning their loyalty, or trying to present yourself as a better fan than they are is only going to antagonise them further - which will probably lead to them attending less games in the future.

"Quality not Quantity"

348456[/snapback]

Exactly, Roverthemoon, that is my partly my point. I have visited this website several times a day, every day for about 4 years. If you check my post history you will see that I rarely clutter the board up with one line comments and one word answers (although this is deliberately not a specific dig at your comment, Roverthemoon), like more and more posters seem to do recently, but prefer to offer my own humble opinions in a way I feel are reasoned, interesting and eloquently put. (I am also happy to accept however that my posts may not exactly be that to everyone).

I find it sad (sometimes) that both new posters and old can rack up the same numbers of posts as I have in the matter of days and weeks, without offering any particular substance and it is this I feel can detract from the quality of what is otherwise an excellent board with a very good atmosphere.

Similarly I am sure there are other board members, such as myself, who dont have a massive post count, but will consider themselves just as established in their own way, due to the number of times they visit the board without posting.

Ironically this will probably prove to be one of my least interesting posts! tongue.gif

anyway, back to the match.......

Im sick of listening to you lot trying to decide who's the best Rovers supporter in the UK.

Im quite looking forward to tonights match actually. Really want Rovers to bounce back from that joke of a result on Sunday(still dont understand how we lost-let alone lose 3-0, one of those days i guess)

Anyway, hopefully 442 tonight and the return of our second best striker at the club right now, in Paul Dickov. I still love ya Paul, even if the fickle pricks on here dont!

Also, anyone know if Todd is suspended for this game?

COME ON YOU BLUUUUES

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.