BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Background Story On Nelsen

jkritchey

I think he should be the permanent captain. I'm sure he wouldn't go headbutting people and costing us.

347837[/snapback]

I posted that in March of this year. A scant 6 weeks after his arrival. I'm a big believer.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=296067

Edited by jkritchey

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'trade' of your draft positions - jipes like it wasn't complicated enough already, only in America.

Actually australian rules football uses a draft system, you get allocated drafts picks from your ladder position and you can trade draft picks for players and any uncontracted player can enter the draft

Sorry to spoil the general high spirits but the Mirror report Arsenal taking a close look at Ryan Nelsen as the Sol Campbell replacement.

That is the one transfer this summer which could really crock us.

It's the mirror.

Sorry to spoil the general high spirits but the Mirror report Arsenal taking a close look at Ryan Nelsen as the Sol Campbell replacement.

Crock us? That'd be like losing Henning Berg but several times worse.

Plus, they are looking at an outlay of 5-8 million probably and Wenger always prefers to find good young players to fill in. He would do well there, but it would be a surprise, especially given the fact that their budget can't be huge with that new stadium.

:o my biggest nightmare could be coming true!

i posted in may-time that arsenal were repotedly interested. my mate knows steve stammers, @ at london evening standard and he said wenger is a massive fan and planning to bid.

i take no pleasure in being proved right. it's terrible news!

:o my biggest nightmare could be coming true!

i posted in may-time that arsenal were repotedly interested. my mate knows steve stammers, @ at london evening standard and he said wenger is a massive fan and planning to bid.

Wait, wait, the mirror says that and suddenly you are right? Aren't they the same newspaper that came out that Mido was signing, so was Ayala and a countless loads of crap. As the saying goes, throw enough mud and some of it has to stick.

According to the Lancashire Telegraph rovers are ready to make him one of the highest paid at the club by offereing him new terms, for the 2nd time in 12 months.

If he does go, which going off his comments i doubt then we must hold out for at least £8 million as that is what West Brom are holding out for with Curtis Davies

I agree its a bit uneasy..

But can I ask a serious question?

Out of all the outlandish statements you have made on this board, how many have been actually 'proved right'? seriously? :unsure:

More than 8m. 12m I reckon.

It's about time we sold somebody for what they were worth.

How can we compare Curtis Davis (potential) with Nelson (world class centre half)

My thinking exactly Bucky.

£10-12 million is a true valuation of the player... nothing less and £8 million should be rejected if it is ever offered. Loosing Nelson and probably Brad shortly after (1 or 2 seasons) would leve our defence as one of the weakest in the Premiership.

Nelson to be given an improved contract if he asks for it!

Or he got lucky after an agent's recommendation. I don't even Hughes would boast about doing a lot of 'homework' on Nelsen.

Hughes obviously saw something in him that the "great" Alan Curbishley failed to pick up on. We did not just sign him on a recommendation, we gave him a trial did'nt we?

You must have Hughes mixed up with Souness, our Graeme liked to splash the cash on a recommendation or a 10 min video.

Arsenal would be a worry, what player worth his salt would not want a crack at that.

Edited by USABlue

A warning to JW for when the time comes to re-negociate

w/ Ryan. If he indeed attended Stanford University in

Palo Alto, California, then he's one sharp cookie.

Hope the Arse talk is just that: he's been nothing short of

brillant and seems a loyal servant of Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.