SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was one of Philipl (many) links pre-match that quoted Paul Scholes as saying if we cant beat the likes of Blackburn( and Fulham) then we won`t win the title.

Well Paul, giving Micky Gray and MGP the ball in your own penalty area at one a piece with 10 minutes to go does not exactly help you achieve the win that your dim witted Utd-centric ginger little brain belives is written in the footy stars to happen.

Boo-hoo, come on Fulham next week I say. Champions league, your having a laugh!

Eh?? When did Garner ever play Man U?

349509[/snapback]

I can still see Jim Branigan standing on the ball and Strachan placing it top corner.....

Southampton year before, Garners shot went in..........didn't it?........ biggrin.gif

Clearly you sleep as badly as I do philip! sad.gif

Hughesy from the Independent Link above: "First and foremost it is about players' application and allowing themselves an opportunity to have an impact on the game. Today, because of the way they worked and the positive manner in which they approached the game, they gave themselves a chance to win - and they grew in confidence."

A major moan of mine for perhaps two years has been our lack of application. I have lost count of the number of games in which the players appear not to try. Now I've had some stick over this but there seem to be far too many games when the team is a long way from giving its all - which as a fan is the number one thing I expect to see.

I hope Hughes has made the above very clear to the team because it's so true. Frequently we seem to lack belief or take the wrong attitude on to the pitch. If the players can improve their "application" on a regular basis there is no reason why we should see the dross of the previous two seasons again. It will also have a major impact on the sta away fans, so starting with WBA on Saturday lets have plenty of application.

A major moan of mine for perhaps two years has been our lack of application. I have lost count of the number of games in which the players appear not to try. Now I've had some stick over this but there seem to be far too many games when the team is a long way from giving its all - which as a fan is the number one thing I expect to see.

349547[/snapback]

A feeling prob echoed by at least 90% of all football fans. If every body pulled their finger out though we'd be back at square one. blink.gif

when the team is a long way from giving its all - which as a fan is the number one thing I expect to see.

349547[/snapback]

Its all I expect to see, I dont mind getting beaten if we have played as well as we are capable of and been beaten by a better team. I hate it when the game was there for the taking and through lack of effort/application/whatever you want to call it we get beat.

Makes me mad!!

Only 3 points off a champions league spot now. tongue.gif

Once again don't wish to be too critical after a wonderful overall performance but Neill had a mare on Saturday. Got skinned every time by Ronaldo.

Would like to see Zurab given a run out in that position. I also think we look slightly more solid in the middle with Todd and Nelsen there.

The million dollar question now is can we maintain this improved form on Saturday? We have to be consistent instead of turning our form on and off like a tap as has largely been the case over the last 2-3 seasons.

And please Sparky NO MORE 4-5-1!

It doesn't work for Rovers/England/The Buccaneers/insert as appropriate.

Right AS, you talked me through torrents before and im losing patience. I set one off other day and its constantly at about 4k then fluctuates to 10k. How do I speed the damn things up?

349577[/snapback]

I use Azureus, java based platform ?

Open up your firewall (I use Kerio) and adjust the packet filter to let everything through from Azureus.

Choose a torrent that is well seeded and away you go. Typically they drop at between 40 and 50 a second, but I've had over 100 on many occasions.

Downloaded an album recently that dropped faster than Fergie's guts after MGP's second went in.

Oh what a difference a week makes, a spanking from the Toon and then we go on and beat Man U.

Was equally surprised with the 4-4-2 lineup, was expecting a 4-5-1, especially against Utd, and taking the game to them and getting all three points, was very pleasing indeed biggrin.gif

Now if we can apply this to the remaining games, then I don't see why we can't have a very good season indeed, and stick it to the media, that we CAN play entertaining football, and stand up to the so-called big boys.

Was even more surprised with Ferguson's comments after the game, very positive towards the opposition in defeat, and no moaning about the ref! Will wonders ever cease.

Looking forward to West Brom next week biggrin.gif

I use Azureus, java based platform ?

Open up your firewall (I use Kerio) and adjust the packet filter to let everything through from Azureus.

Choose a torrent that is well seeded and away you go. Typically they drop at between 40 and 50 a second, but I've had over 100 on many occasions.

Downloaded an album recently that dropped faster than Fergie's guts after MGP's second went in.

349580[/snapback]

I dont use Azureus, I've installed it before and took it off. I generally use DC++ but since I set my laptop up and use wireless broadband ive been using LimeWire because DC++ makes you share half your house before you can actually choose anything.

I have never ever had a torrent go faster than say 10k/s and I get very impatient and cancel them. I might give this Azureus. Cant see how you got the download so fast if the speed is dependant on uploaders, surely not that many can be sharing it!

I dont use Azureus, I've installed it before and took it off. I generally use DC++ but since I set my laptop up and use wireless broadband ive been using LimeWire because DC++ makes you share half your house before you can actually choose anything.

I have never ever had a torrent go faster than say 10k/s and I get very impatient and cancel them. I might give this Azureus. Cant see how you got the download so fast if the speed is dependant on uploaders, surely not that many can be sharing it!

349591[/snapback]

I use bit-tornado, and I have opend port 412 or something, and currently downloading the Rovers-ManU match at 180kb/s...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.