Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaction all the way from Portugal:

My friend Jeremy immediatly informed of the result. I was surprised and very happy.

Since Manure will Benfica on Tuesday, local news gave even more importance to the result. They even gave post match interviews with Carlos Queiroz and Cristiano Ronaldo.

I was really proud of being a Rovers supporter, which I am always!

Hope Benfica can repeat the same result next tuesday.

Just one thing that ###### me off: a tv reporter kept saying that Manure had lost against Aston Villa, not Blackburn Rovers. mad.gif

Once again, the Chelsea sindrome taking over Portugal! @#/?s!!

i have to say saturday 24/09/05 was one of the best days of my life and 3 points was the best birthday present ever!!

was late getting up in the morning, 5.15 i was ment to be up, jumped out of bed wen the mobile was banging out dr dre at 6am!!

got up, didn't have time to enjoy a well nice breakfast or even open my cards and presents, just got the stone island gear on and sprinted round to my mates!!

got on the bus at 6.30am, took my seat at the back of the bus and passed out for 3 hours as we bombed up through the welsh mountains.

woke up just before birmingham, had some grub and cracked open the bow biggrin.gif

stopped of at some services in birmingham, paid my life savings on a meal in burger king and almost had a row with some clown in chav wear, complete ###### sitting on the steps!! must of been birmingham with his #### accient(sp)

got to manchester about 12ish and had many a drink on the streets outside the ground on sir matt busby way, went to the bogs and come out to find a tenner blowing around on the floor, put my foot on it and done the old pretending to do my shoe laces up technique, happy days!!

my mate said put it on blackburn at 10/1 but i thought it would jinx us tongue.gif

finished our create and managed to get in the trafford, got double vodka redbulls, £6.30 a pop. ohmy.gif

was a bit wasted by this point after god knows how many drinks and kicked off singing about m.g.p. and got chassed out of the pub hahahaha

got in to the theatre of nightmares after being searched twice on the way in, thanks to the guy at the front of the que in the stone island who got us the drinks, top bloke, the manky utd service was well bad!!

got to my seat, perfectly placed at the back and fairplay the blackburn fans were amazing and i didn't sit down all game, we were buzzing!!

was standing on my seat jumping up and down, fell off twice

thought the players were magnificent, pedersen is a god!! rover.gif

nice meeting the lads standing next to us, when we scored our goals we were bouncing and hugging, the emotion we showed was crazy.

nelson was a rock at the back, savage was awsome, 4-4-2 im speechless!!

after the celebrations in the ground, had the best road trip back home, got back to town in wet rainy wales about 11ish and enjoyed my birthday so much more after that result!!

was dancing in the rain at 2am couldn't stop singing m.g.p tra la la la la!! after we left the nightclub.

had a kebab and got laid too

probably the best birthday in my life i will never forget the buzz i had!!

bring on w.b.a!!!

the only one doing the whinging is you.

The torrent is slow, i cant help that. It is the slowest torrent i have seen, thus i mentioned this to stop other people wasting their time. It doesnt take a genius to work out that a torrent for a game Man Utd lost against a small town team is not going to be well seeded for very long.

Well done to who ever put it (illegally) online though, super work.

Just like to say, i felt a justice had come on saturday.

The last time we played united at Ewood... remember how we were robbed? lead 1-0 all the way upto added time that should have never been added. Then a certain Mr Smith blonde headed tart hand-balled it to te up Saha with the equaliser. Well we finished it on Saturday.

feel glad for them they worked hard, lets hope they can now build and not underestimate WBA

Absolutely superb post jansenpresty10@wales

Sounds like you had a fabulous day and I am made up for you. You had a few drinks and a laugh, shouted and cheered your team and finished the day in the best way possible. It brought a smile to my face and I am looking forward to your next away day excursion.

PS

Would the posters chasing tornados please post in ICBINF your ruining this thread.

Well I think Ive just got over my hangover smile.gif

Grand Final day on Saturday resulted in me only managing to make it to the 30th minute of the match at OT.

What a joy to discover we'd won when I logged on to the site on Sunday morning.

Spent the day taking the ###### out of every person wearing a Manc shirt.

To cap it all our footy teams won 4 of the grades they played in biggrin.gif

we had enough chances in the first half to be up 3,4-0 at half time.

man utd had chances, but not many were clear cut. We had some great clear cut chances. it wasnt too bad an atmosphere with the fans. man utd fans didnt sing at all from my memory. apart from united united...

celebrated the goal well biggrin.gif

i assume the blackburn end was rocking in the last 10minutes

as for the 2nd half, well i wouldnt know would i sad.gif

Edited by slater_scott

we still sung them under the table second half!!

the manky utd fans were silent apart from when they scored but the responce from us was immense!!

the service from the people working at the bar was a disgrace, i felf they were so slow they were trying to keep us there so we couldn't support in the stand!!

we had enough chances in the first half to be up 3,4-0 at half time.

man utd had chances, but not many were clear cut. We had some great clear cut chances. it wasnt too bad an atmosphere with the fans. man utd fans didnt sing at all from my memory. apart from united united...

celebrated the goal well biggrin.gif

i assume the blackburn end was rocking in the last 10minutes

as for the 2nd half, well i wouldnt know would i sad.gif

349657[/snapback]

Was gutted for you Scott.. must've been the whole USA flag thing.. id've just said it was for Friedel that's why you had it. Some tossers stewarding at away games nowadays.

Top day out at The Theatre of Silence, was in corp hospitality with 3 other rovers fans and we went crazy when the 2nd went in , the Mancs were gutted and in total silence but fair play nobody said a word about us celebrating

Had MGP at 14-1 to score first so netted £140 which went on a meal for four that evening but a top free day!!

Lets see more 442 and Bellamy fit for the season should shoot us up the table!!!

Was gutted for you Scott.. must've been the whole USA flag thing.. id've just said it was for Friedel that's why you had it.  Some tossers stewarding at away games nowadays.

349698[/snapback]

i did

i also tried the, i`m half american line too

they werent having none of it though mad.gif

That female Police Sergeant was that threw you and Ben out must have been on a right power trip. Time of the month!!!

Anyway I remembered her Police Number and have written a letter of complaint, dony expect much of a reply though.

Great day

I'm not bothering complaining for that reason Andy.

I didn't get chance to look at her badge number as I was walking down behind her, then steward took me out.

Apparently, she had warned me.

I caught the second half highlights yesterday afternoon, Police outside treated us like s***.

Judging by this morning's press coverage, Rovers blew the roof off Old Trafford and ended the Ferguson era on Saturday.

Good to see that its not just Rovers supporters who go over the top at a bad result. At least Newcastle couldn't be said to have been fortunate to have only scored three!

When I first read these anti-Ferguson comments I just thought it was the media stirring things up as usual, but it does now seem that there's some mileage in the story.

Here's a link from the Guardian that makes particularly funny reading:

Ferguson under pressure?

I'd suggest that the last thing the head coach should be doing at the moment is calling the fans stupid!

Queroz is only telling the truth though about Manc supporters- be honest!

Agreed, he's being a touch undiplomatic and is certainly not helping his chances of being Ferguson's successor which can only be bad news for Rovers.

Incidentally, I thought Ferguson's recent criticism of high football ticket prices probably went down a treat (not) with his new owners.

So its collective foot in mouth all round at Old Trafford even though Ferguson won't even talk to MUTV now, never mind the rest of the press. Perhaps he sees a hidden agenda at Glazer TV?

At the end of the day, the Mancs are struggling to come to terms with the fact that the Rovers' win was neither lucky nor against the run of play. That we had many more shots on target (not forgetting dangerous balls across the box which weren't connected with), they were indebted to their goalkeeper and dear old relegation zone (at 3pm on Saturday) Rovers went to OT to play football and more than held their own in an open free-flowing game must be causing all kinds of alarm bells ringing.

The foul count was pretty even and Ronaldo should have walked for the premeditated elbow smash into Gray's face so no Manc complaints on that front either.

The footballing legacy of Saturday is the one which is really hurting. It was the manner of the Mancs defeat rather than the defeat itself which is bringing so many chickens home to roost. Without the fear factor (and this Manc team does not instil awe any more), it won't just be Chelsea who will fancy coming away from Old Trafford with three points this season.

All credit to Hughes for spotting the weaknesses and going for it!

Edited by philipl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.