SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forwrad to it but not too confident. As we saw what happened against newcastle with one upfront at HOME i say just go for broke and go 4-4-2.

Friedel

Neill  Zura  Nelsen  Gray

Bentley  Savage  Reid  Pedersen

Bellamy  Dickov

Subs...encks, jansen, emerton, tugay, mokoenna

348930[/snapback]

I'd swap Dickov for Kuqi. Remember we must try to get around Utd's back 4 we won't have any joy trying to go through them. Play wide, get at em and whip the crosses in behind 'em for Kuqi and Bellers. We can beat 'em that way they are always shaky when teams do that. With Dickov we'll try to go through 'em Dickov will not get the foul calls, even less than normal, and will spend all the game whining at the ref.

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Neill, Todd, Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Emerton, Savage, Mokoena, Reid, Pedersen, Bentley, Jansen, Kuqi, Bellamy, Enckelman, Tugay, Dickov, Gresko, Gray.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Howard, O'Shea, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Pique, Richardson, Fletcher, Scholes, Smith, Miller, Ronaldo, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Rossi.

these are the sqauds for tomorrow!!

i fancy our chances even more now tongue.gif

All this talk of formations in the press this week is making me laugh, this is probably one of four or five fixtures out of the 38 where 90% of Rovers fans would advocate playing 4-5-1 with the Axe.

Negative tactics maybe but realistic, the only chance to beat them will be to frustrate them into making a mistake.

Will go one of two ways...... hold out resiliently and go down to a Rooney 89th minute header or we will get spanked from the KO. Sorry cant see a Rovers win no matter how hard I try.

Either way what happens in this game has no bearing on our season. Games against the likes of Everton, West Brom, West Ham, Charlton and Brum ultimatley decide where we finish.

So no relegation, bankruptcy and/or doom prophecy's after the game please.......

Edited by OscarRaven

Bellamy is 14/1 to score the first goal! I'll have a bit of that, just a couple of quid mind.

An optimistic 1-1 prediction from me. Bellers and Van Nistlehorse. Man U are not at their best and will still be reeling from the bad news that G Neville's moustache is in a bad way and under going surgery.

rover.gif another game i usually never miss but not going this year due to the glazier factor.the only thing that is definate is we will get 0.

utd 2 v o rovers

going to watch fcum at gigg lane to lend my support to forward thinking football fans,will give a report when i land home. tinykit.gif

---------------friedel-------------------

neil------todd------nelsen------gresko

-------------mokoena------------------

emerton---bentley---savage---mgp

-------------bellamy-------------------

bench.

reid

enks

zurab

dickov

kuqi

keep it tight at the back and get the ball to mgp or bentley to put balls in the box for bellers to run on to and i think we could nick a 1-0 win rover.gif

playing away from home against a title contender, 4-5-1 is probably not a bad formation it gives us strength across the middle, supposed to protect the back four and give support to the front man from the wide players. however, even them playing a 4-4-2 they still have the better quality acros the middle and if they get on top and have us pinned back then batten down the hatches cause it will be a rough afternoon....but just like last season i would be over the moon with a 0-0 draw.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.