BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

Waggy, which one is you?

And who`s the hunchback in themiddle?

349043[/snapback]

Well the bloke on the left is Oliver Hardy. And don't know about the one in the middle, must be a stand-in for Stan Laurel rolleyes.gif

Edited by roversmum

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah hold on a minute!

I put £2 on Bellamy to score first and Rovers to win 1-0 and I only got odds of 80-1! Put a quid on Emerton to score first so judging by the lineup, that was a waste!

Looks like a cracking lineup, and seems like Sparky is willing to have a good go at his old club! However, I'm not convinced this is the right decision - it's probably one of the only games I would advocate the 4-5-1 formation! Still, I firmly believe it's down to the players, and NOT what system Hughes decides to play them in.

P.S. Does anybody know who is on the bench?

We're going to get spanked playing that formation, you can't 'have a go' against a team that can play football 10 times better than you and expect to get anything. T'Axe should have been protecting the back four in my opinion, especially considering the formation they play. Hopefully I'm wrong wink.gif

1-0 to Rovers. Bellamy to continue his sublime form.

The 4-4-2 for a match like this can make some sense if you look at United's defence at the moment, with Neville and Heinze out.

Would rather a 5-4-1 with Jansen playing as the lone striker (we need skill, not brute Kuqi force against United... he'll be knocking the ball all over the place and they'll just absorb that) with Bellamy playing a supporting/winger role.

Edited by James No. 7

We're going to get spanked playing that formation, you can't 'have a go' against a team that can play football 10 times better than you and expect to get anything. T'Axe should have been protecting the back four in my opinion, especially considering the formation they play. Hopefully I'm wrong wink.gif

349088[/snapback]

Doing OK so far, 7 shots on target could be 2 or 3 up but for Van Der Sar. Ref is going to gift the game to United, I already don't like the double standards. United are allowed to hold down our players for every headed ball, arms on shoulders, both arms holding our players. Silvestre on Bellers was a deliberate knee. Pedersen gets called for a perfectly good sliding tackle. You watch a ref's decision will either change or gift the game to the Glazers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.