SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Manchester United 1 - 2 Rovers

colin

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result, great performance, this game of football is hard to predict. 4 5 1 at home against a poor defence,them next week go to Mold Trifford attack and spank them.

Enjoy the moment but feet back on the ground for the next episode of Rovers 05/06 season. rover.gif

Edited by sausagemandog

Morten Gamst Pedersen tra la la lala

Might just watch MOTD tonight................and again tomorrow  biggrin.gif  Oh happy days  smile.gif

349205[/snapback]

You found your hero Paul? wink.gif

I must say I was very impressed with Sir Alex afterwards, he was extremely complimentary towards Rovers.

Looks like I'm the first one back from the game.

A lovely feeling walking back to my bike which was tethered at the top of Sir Matt Busby Way surrounded by a few thousand Red Scum supporters griping and a moaning like hell.

And then zooming past the cars with the passengers reading the A-Z as they head back to Surrey or, if the plates are to be beleived, back to Ireland.

Most of the journey back to chez Colin was along an ex-railway track converted to a cycle track. I think I did most of it with my arms in the air.

We deserved that win, and don't let anyone say otherwise. Both teams has plenty of chances in the first half, to be honest half time could have been 3-3. Bentley, Dickov, and Grey all came very close. RVN, Scholes and Smith for them.

MGP's goal was fairly good, but if I was a United supporter I'd be furious about the defending. A free kick from near the RHS touchline which he curled in.

United's goal came from a powerful shot from Shrek which Brad couldn't hold and Dobbin tapped home. Then the Theatre Of Merchandising woke up for ten minutes.

Then MGP shut them up for good. I can't describe it too well as it was at the other end. It looked like the United defence went to sleep a bit and the ball fell to MGP on the corner of the goal area and he thrashed it high into the top left hand corner.

United then went on the attack but, somewhat surprisingly, Rovers kept their composure. No agricultural clearances, just some really skilled defending.

The atmosphere at the end was fantastic. The team came over to our corner for some well-deserved applause and air-punching.

Radio 5 Live is full of whinging Utd fans, pick those scabs boys.

And Billy (from this parish) has been on.

A win over the Scum. I might just have a small sweet sherry to celebrate.

Looking forward to work on Monday & I hope that Chelsea keep their great big sticky mitts off MGP.

I am Mr Happy.

post 1 on this thread has been edited

Edited by colin

I won a quiz on Radio 5 this mornin on Eamon Holmes, Hearts beat Rangers and then we beat Man U. What a day and I didn't see it coming at all. t must be my lucky day. Can't wait for Football First tonight.

349210[/snapback]

I heard a "****" (name withheld to avoid possible detection!) from Edinburgh on and Eamon pretending that the line was faulty. What a wag!.

Oh, how sweet. Almost as sweet as having a muffin during the match...

oh yesYESYESYESYES...............WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!BELLERS HEADER I THREW MY ARMS DOWN IN TANTRUM STYLE AND WACKED MY NUTS BIG TIME:(....WOW FOR ONCE IM SPEECHLESS !!!!!!YES YES

Apart from the manc ###### who threatend to slap me and nephew after the game as we walked away.quietly i may add as well and no colurs,whatassholes they were my 14 year old nephew has a broken arm as well,but hey never mind ...2-1 muppets swivel on my middle....

LET THE GUINNESS MUNCHIONG COMMENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo brilliant fantastic- pub full of Mancs (who never thought they were going to win- Mancs toothless this year) SWEET  tongue.gif  rover.gif

Seriously though, Christina thoroughly warranted Gamst's full-on boot in the face- had a Rover viciously elbowed the way Christina stuck one on Gray, he'd have been straight red instead of the pansy yellow Christina got given. So Christina's face should have been in the showers instead of on the pitch for Gamst to get his own back with a richly deserved kicking.

Sav's fifth yellow wasn't merited either- clean claim of a ball there to be won but the theatrical lunge at it obviously sold the ref a dummy.

Well done Sparky all faith restored and boy did he look calm at the end (but he couldn't hide the smile altogether). 4-4-2 with Tugay one of the midfield 4 looked, to say the least, suicidal. But Sparky had obviously worked out the Mancs were there for the taking and take them we did. The stats are pretty good- we had 7-6 shots on target in our favour at the end of the first half and whilst the Mancs probably shaded the second half, it was no procession.

Gamst- two very good strikes- and he played a full 90 minutes with passion and presence- let's have more of the same.

So on the day Chelski wrapped up the Prem title (Villa on the other TV screen really gave them a going over at Stamford Bridge- if ever Chelsea were going to slip up, it was in a game like today), how sweet for Scholes to start repaying his debt to Rovers. Another 4 or 5 results like today and I'll call it all square with the Mancs. 

PS I hope waggy enjoyed watching fucum.

349187[/snapback]

I thought our yellows were very lame today. Is not persistant fouling a yellow. Silvestre's deliberate knee in the back on Bellers warranted yellow. I simply hate watching Man U at the Bucanners place, even when it is not us. I am also convinced this impartial reffing is part of the reason the game is slipping in popularity.

The only saving grace is, in injury time I found myself very surprised that the ref actually let a few things go that in the past have gone against us and cost us points against Utd. Prhaps he had a heart after all and figured we desreved it.

All worked out well in the end but I was a bit miffed when Hughes changed it at half time. I personally would have gone for 10-15 mins with the side from the first half and then changed. But what a great win, massive and we deserved it I think.

HE PUT 4 MINUTES UP AND PLAYED NEARLY 6!

349229[/snapback]

That's standard isn't it Abster, and it is helping to kill the game. the likes if us have a hard enough time with the big boys without the favouritism.

All we need now is for th Broncos to lose, Cards to win and me and Abbey to get laid and it's been a good weekend.

A brilliant result today and hopefully one that can turn our season around. I didn't expect this result at all and it shows what can be done when we play a more attacking formation. It's great to beat United at Old Trafford, especially when we play well. Gray was supposed to have played a blinder today and fair play to him, because he has been out in the cold for a while and today he has taken his chance. I'm a very happy man tonight. biggrin.gif

not surprised stu ..just ranting tongue.gif

USABLUE ...WHY BRONCS TO LOSE?BUT AGREE WITH THE GETTING LAID...HAD IT PLANNED FOR DIFFERENT LADIES .ONE FOR LAST NIGHT AND ONE FOR TONIGHT BUT GOT BLOWN OUT !!!!MIND YOU LAST NIGHTS WAS GOING OUT WITH HER HUSBAND ..OOPS DID I SAY IT LOUDLY

English Division 1 (old) Manchester United 0-3 Blackburn Rovers 13-10-1962

Have we won at Stadium Of Light?

349196[/snapback]

Thank you for your help.

It was almost 43 years, but I never think we always did very bad when we against the scum, even at the ugly OT. Most of the time, especially we back to the premiership in 2001, it was the refree ruined the game and robbed our victories and points, if the refree was fair in all the 9 premiership games from 01/02 season, probably we would have a good record of 5 win ( all the 4 home games), 3 draw and 1 lost against them. The scum gained too much from the refree, but they will pay for that one day! mad.gif

Just watched the game, and most of our players seems fantastic in the game, Micheal Gray looks really outstanding after came back to our squad. Bellamy and Dicov in the front was great, much better than play kuqi as the lone man.

Comon Rovers!!! tinykit.gif

Edited by james19830822

Been waiting foir this for 13 years, what a great result.

The game was won from our point of view in the first half by taking the game to them, playing 4-4-2 and defending from the front.

Bellamy and Dickov did really well in that respect although Dickov showed his usual lack of quality in front of goal.

Sparky did his best to try and throw it away by changing a winning formula at HT and then going to 4-5-1 after just 59 minutes but to carp on too much would be churlish after such a momentous result.

MOM Michael Gray for me. We would be awesome up front with Pedersen and Bentley if Bellamy had a strike partner of similar quality.

Looks like I'm the first one back from the game.

A lovely feeling walking back to my bike which was tethered at the top of Sir Matt Busby Way surrounded by a few thousand Red Scum supporters griping and a moaning like hell.

And then zooming past the cars with the passengers reading the A-Z as they head back to Surrey or, if the plates are to be beleived, back to Ireland.

Most of the journey back to chez Colin was along an ex-railway track converted to a cycle track. I think I did most of it with my arms in the air.

We deserved that win, and don't let anyone say otherwise. Both teams has plenty of chances in the first half, to be honest half time could have been 3-3. Bentley, Dickov, and Grey all came very close. RVN, Scholes and Smith for them.

MGP's goal was fairly good, but if I was a United supporter I'd be furious about the defending. A free kick from near the RHS touchline which he curled in.

United's goal came from a powerful shot from Shrek which Brad couldn't hold and Dobbin tapped home. Then the Theatre Of Merchandising woke up for ten minutes.

Then MGP shut them up for good. I can't describe it too well as it was at the other end. It looked like the United defence went to sleep a bit and the ball fell to MGP on the corner of the goal area and he thrashed it high into the top left hand corner.

United then went on the attack but, somewhat surprisingly, Rovers kept their composure. No agricultural clearances, just some really skilled defending.

The atmosphere at the end was fantastic. The team came over to our corner for some well-deserved applause and air-punching.

Radio 5 Live is full of whinging Utd fans, pick those scabs boys.

And Billy (from this parish) has been on.

A win over the Scum. I might just have a small sweet sherry to celebrate.

Looking forward to work on Monday & I hope that Chelsea keep their great big sticky mitts off MGP.

I am Mr Happy.

post 1 on this thread has been edited

349213[/snapback]

Beautiful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.