BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players Your Glad Rovers Didnt Sign!

BRFC4EVA

Its all academic if you read what Lee has put on the official site. The African Nations Cup in January and February robs us of the Axe and Benny of any chance of coming to the Rovers in the January window.

Incidentally didn't Corbett suffer a badly broken leg just after he joined us which didn't heal for about two years?

Anyway, Southend are going very well with him back down there.

Edited by philipl

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benni McCarthy who all the anti-Bellamy brigade wanted during the summer is seriously not very good. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise.

Just looking through my post history on my profile and found this little beauty. Thanfully as the poster a couple below said, 'im more likely to believe Hughes then yourself'

i'm so glad we didn't sign Dailly, Blake, Davies, Corrbett, Peacock, in the 98/99 season

we would have surely gone down if we had signed them and Hodgson would have never become England manager.

I Remember the day we got Dailly! it was transfer deadline day & we were nailed on to sign Sol Campbell for £15m or something ridiculous & next thing who do we end up with!?! .....that was one nail in our relegation coffin!!

Guest shoppybrfc

Gordon Greer , Souey thought he was the new Alan Hansen... oh wait...

_41689168_gordongreer203.jpg

Neil Clement, many thought was going to be the answer to the Left back problem, possible transfer fee was rumoured about 2.5-3mill at the time....

Edited by shoppybrfc

I Remember the day we got Dailly! it was transfer deadline day & we were nailed on to sign Sol Campbell for £15m or something ridiculous & next thing who do we end up with!?! .....that was one nail in our relegation coffin!!

I too remember! I logged on to teletext (my god, was it that long ago?!) and the banner headline was "Blackburn to sign top British Defender". My immediate thought was Campbell and if you had asked me to name 20 "top British defenders", Dailly wouldn't even have crossed my mind!

I too remember! I logged on to teletext (my god, was it that long ago?!) and the banner headline was "Blackburn to sign top British Defender". My immediate thought was Campbell and if you had asked me to name 20 "top British defenders", Dailly wouldn't even have crossed my mind!

Same here, we where on our way to the Lyon game at the time- was hoping to god we didn't sign him but when we got on the Ferry at Dover a Derby fan confirmed that we had!!

I remember that day as well.

Walking down from school I tried to convince my mates that Rovers had pulled off a decent enough coup. Like we paid £5million and it will show his worth.

I knew I hadn't a leg to stand on and was getting ribbed for that comment big time. Was going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but brutal signing!!

I actually think Mido would've done well at Rovers, although not necessarily better than Benni. He's not had a look in at Spurs with Berbatov playing so well.

What about Didier Agathe (the never-ending trial...). What a right-back he could've been. :unsure:

And Ahmed Elrich - although he was only invited on trial - what has he done at Fulham?

I actually think Mido would've done well at Rovers, although not necessarily better than Benni. He's not had a look in at Spurs with Berbatov playing so well.

Benni is better than Mido, compare their careers. Look at the age of Mido and how many clubs he has played for, how many arguments and incidents he has had. If he had came to us and had a great season, he would immediately want to leave. I understand that Benni is doing this to some degree. But just imagine how Mido would have done it. Mido has had his chances at Spurs, hes been there two seasons now, and done nothing to make me think he is a good player.

EDIT: also i shudder at the possibility we could have signed Thomaz Radzinski

Edited by youandwhosearmy

What about Didier Agathe (the never-ending trial...). What a right-back he could've been. :unsure:

And Ahmed Elrich - although he was only invited on trial - what has he done at Fulham?

To think Agathe (and I rated he bloke) was linked with Juve, Valencia and Roma at the same time.

Elrich is a mystery, he had a serious knee injury in 06 and even for the national team (which he seemed to outplay everyone) he has never been the same.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.