BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom At Home

cn174

The first half was horrible and the half time radio rubbish was even worse.

Second half we had more energy and we just wore them down until they cracked. There was nothing special about what we did, it was simple and effective.

Reid is not good enough at present. Savage for all his faults was missed on Saturday, he really sets the tempo for us and drags others along.

Zurab is started to concern me with his calm style of defending, too often he let's the ball bounce or just leaves the ball. However, he is supremely confident and classy on the ball. It's only a matter of time before an Amoruso style blunder let's Toddy back in.

A fantastic day but I am worried about Bellamy. Like others the lack of celebration after Kuqi's second made me think. Also is he even injured? I know a wild suggestion but he's done it before and it was cold in the 1/3 empty stadium. Hardly 52,000 at St. James's.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fantastic day but I am worried about Bellamy. Like others the lack of celebration after Kuqi's second made me think. Also is he even injured? I know a wild suggestion but he's done it before and it was cold in the 1/3 empty stadium. Hardly 52,000 at St. James's.

350966[/snapback]

He seemed up for it against Huddersfield, on a colder night and an emptier stadium...

And I can't blame somebody who has missed roughly 3 years of his career through knee injuries for having his mind elsewhere when he's just had to come off with a knee injury.

Saying that, who am I to rationalise. I might as well just add a conspiracy theory.... What if Souness and him are in a pact to screw us over? Or what if he had money on us going down??? Maybe just hates Blackburn all together...

Do some people actually enjoy spouting sh*te, or does it come naturally?

Great result ... Had we not won on saturday it would have turned all the positivity from old trafford on it's head. " goals will be great for the big man's confidence too, and just in time if Bellers is to miss a few more games.

I can understand Bellamy's frustration ... I was injured myself all summer and missed pre-season, then got back for 2 weeks, played 1 match and torn ligaments. I was inconsolable. Now when I watch my team play, and win, I'm unable to be overjoyed as I'm thinking ... 'Damn!! that should be me out there!'

I think Bellamy's enjoying his time at Rovers working with Hughes, Eddie and Bowen... and as a result, gutted that he's going to miss some more games.

Was reading the Sunday World yesterday and Rovers had 4 players in the team of the week, although reading some reviews of the match I don't think most of you would agree:

Tugay

MGP

Reid

Kuqi

Guest Kamy100

Superb result and an ok performance. First half was awful and the second was heading the same way until the introduction of Emerton and Mokoena. Emerton played well and with Mokoena sitting it allowed Reid to push further forward which caused WBA a lot of problems.

Very happy for Kuqi, now he may not be the best striker in the world but the guy is so committed and works so damn hard. He has worked his way up slowly so i suppose Saturday's goals were the culmination of all that hard work, bet he went to sleep feeling like a million dollars. Lets hope this lifts his confidence and he can knock in some goals.

rover.gif the most important thing on saturday was us gaining 3 points which we did,i thought the 1st half was a case off us trying to unpick there defence.when speedy gonzales went off to be replaced by kuqi,it knocked our game plan back and we started throwing the long ball over,once in the 1st half kuqi got on the end off a bentley cross at missed the target when it looked easier to score.the guy at the side off me,laughed and said thats the nearest he's been all season,he will notch today. ohmy.gif

second half was continous pressure from us,very few chances but we kept the pressure on,from another perfect mgp corner we take the lead and a defensive mistake makes it 2.tremendous result if not a brilliant preformance. tinykit.gif

I went to my first game of the season - spent £25 on the ticket and by half time was thinking "great way to spend 25 quid" toothless, a team with the ability to trap the ball further than I can kick it and just tedium

You could have joined the adult membership scheme and got a fiver off the game and another fiver off 2 more B-games.

He's not a right winger, nor will he ever be which is the reason for his average performances of late. I tell a lie, its due to his lack of work ethic, be it natural or due to the fact he's sulking about being put on the right wing. You'll see a better player once he gets a chance to play in the centre (preferably with Mokoena to give him the freedom to play), which might be sooner than you think given Tugay's and Emerton's recent performances. Fair credit to Hughes, putting pressure on Burt and putting his most talented players out, but the experiment hasn't worked - mainly because the lad doesn't want it to.

You'd think I'd be on the back of this lazy, egotistical, me player, but he's a talent and in our situation beggars can't be choosers unsure.gif

350924[/snapback]

Rather harsh to question his attitude I think.

In his interview on Radio Rovers before the game, he stressed how happy he is to be playing first-team football and after his lack of opportunities at Arsenal is happy to play anywhere. Just because somebody doesn't charge around like Robbie Savage doesn't mean they are uninterested or lazy.

I actually thought he looked like the only player who would make something happen in the first half. It was dire but he tried to get hold of the game - went past a few players and had a couple of attempts from distance.

The boy has certainly got some talent. Our next 8 home games are all winnable - in those matches, I think he and Savage in the middle would complement each other nicely.

I have a dream! In it Kuqui is running in from deep at the BBE, and at exactly the right moment he catches one of Emerton's wayward crosses from the right, and really wraps his boot round it and follows through shoulder high. The ball flies in to the top corner of the net at about 2000 mph and smashes right through the net and continues on up to the back of the lower tier where it smashes through the glass of the corporate suite and knocks one of the honoured guests right off his tall stool.

Well I did say it was a dream. tongue.gif

Rather harsh to question his attitude I think.

In his interview on Radio Rovers before the game, he stressed how happy he is to be playing first-team football and after his lack of opportunities at Arsenal is happy to play anywhere. Just because somebody doesn't charge around like Robbie Savage doesn't mean they are uninterested or lazy.

I actually thought he looked like the only player who would make something happen in the first half. It was dire but he tried to get hold of the game - went past a few players and had a couple of attempts from distance.

The boy has certainly got some talent. Our next 8 home games are all winnable - in those matches, I think he and Savage in the middle would complement each other nicely.

351047[/snapback]

I agree, I don't think there's anything wrong with his attitude at all. However, he did seem much happier once he switched wings with Pedersen and got his chance on the left. That's when he started to run at the defence with more confidence and cut inside. I'm not sure how he'll do in the middle with Savage but he should be getting his chance there too. He's got a lot of talent and a lot of potential, it's just a case of getting it out there. Judging by the start he has made in the Rovers shirt so far, I hope he stays for next season too. But time will tell I guess..

When he was a nipper, wasn't Beckham loaned to PNE for a while?  If memory serves (and that's a big if), don't think he pulled up any trees.  Not drawing any comparisons or conclusions by the way, just an observation.

351089[/snapback]

He scored 2 goals in 5 games and was very popular!

When he was a nipper, wasn't Beckham loaned to PNE for a while?  If memory serves (and that's a big if), don't think he pulled up any trees.  Not drawing any comparisons or conclusions by the way, just an observation.

351089[/snapback]

I went to watch him a couple of times and he was far and away the best player on the park. My mate, a season ticket holder back then (3rd division - league 2 now), said that he never misplaced a pass in all his time there. He also said that Beckham was in the crowd when they got promoted later on that year. How things change, eh?

As far as Bentley goes, I think it is pretty obvious that he has no future at Arsenal. It is his second season on loan. The poor bloke was compared to Giggs a few years ago and hasn't lived up to it, but he will be a Premiership player, no Giggs though. He will be a good squad player for us as he can fill in a few positions which is sometimes bad for footballers. Managers like players who can play in more than one spot but it puts the player at a disadvantage as he can't forge his own role and has to juggle a few.

351089[/snapback]

I note all the responses to these comments, but my curiousity remains unsatiated. Did he pull up any trees or not? ;-)

351089[/snapback]

Loaning some kid to PNE in the basement is incomparable to loaning a player to BRFC in the Prem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.