SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom At Home

cn174

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like West Brom will have their full squad fit. Sounds like Curtis Davies, the young centre half they got from Luton is an excellent signing for them and is doing very well in defence.

Robson has been quoted as saying he expects Rovers will stick with 4-4-2.

This is going to be no pushover but if Hughes gets the lads right, we should take the three points.

After the Lord Mayor's Show...

This has to be a draw (or even a loss!). It's happened so many times in the past that Rovers have followed up a great result against a top team with a poor display against an average side that it simply isn't funny anymore. Actually, it never was funny in the first place. Just typical Rovers!

I'll go for 1-1 while hoping instead that we do manage two wins on the trot. When was the last time we won two league games in a row? Did we do it last season?

This game is a watershed for our season.

If, as many people are predicting, we draw or lose it would appear that we've reverted to type and another season of struggle lies ahead.

However, if we win it will prove my theory that, under Hughes, Rovers are a different outfit with a real chance of acheiving something this season.

With the upcoming international break a win would leave us with a real confidence boost, a place in the top half of the table for the next few weeks.

My prediction.... 3 - 0 to the Rovers

After an excellent result against a top team last week. Most will expect us to fall short against a below average team. dry.gif

This is a game we need to win if we expect to finish as top 10 and staying clear of that 'R' zone.

My team :

Friedal

Neil Zurab/Todd Nelson Gray

Emerton Reid Tugay Pedersen

Bellamy Kuqi

The inclusion of kuqi in my team as wba will see bellamy and pedersen as the main dangerman in our attack, hence lessen the attention of him which had him as the main attack focus when we played 451.

I really hope that now with a capable strike partner in bell, he could recapture the form that's been so prolific when he's at Ipswich last season.

My prediction is 2-1. Bellamy and Kuqi for us.

Can't wait to see kuqi's celebration which is long overdue!! laugh.gif

I'm coming over for my first game in about 5 years, which is way too long ago. Last time Sheffield Utd were beaten 5-0, I wouldn't mind a replica of that one thumbs-up.gif Might be to much to hope for, but the chance for a win surley is there. Can't wait to get down to Ewood tinykit.gif

I'm coming over for my first game in about 5 years, which is way too long ago. Last time Sheffield Utd were beaten 5-0, I wouldn't mind a replica of that one  thumbs-up.gif Might be to much to hope for, but the chance for a win surley is there. Can't wait to get down to Ewood tinykit.gif

350196[/snapback]

Things have changed a bit since then old bean! Prepare your self for a shock.

When was the last time we won two league games in a row? Did we do it last season?

350150[/snapback]

The last time in the league we won two games in a row...

April 9: 3-0 against Southampton at home.

April 20: 1-0 against Crystal Palace at home.

We lost 3-0 against Arsenal in the FA Cup on April 16.

Some of you are so negative! Rovers are coming off a huge win over the team that has basically been a Premiership dynasty and all some of you can think of is how the team will obviously let us down. Have some confidence! I don't know what the score will be and I'm not making a prediction, but I feel good about the club's chances of carrying this momentum forward and making a move further up the standings in the coming weeks. I think we have a good chance of finishing in the top half and some of you would have us relegated already! tinykit.gif

Some of you are so negative! Rovers are coming off a huge win over the team that has basically been a Premiership dynasty and all some of you can think of is how the team will obviously let us down. Have some confidence! I don't know what the score will be and I'm not making a prediction, but I feel good about the club's chances of carrying this momentum forward and making a move further up the standings in the coming weeks. I think we have a good chance of finishing in the top half and some of you would have us relegated already!  tinykit.gif

350238[/snapback]

i too think that they will carry the momentum thru,im thinkin of a 9th or 8th spot,thing is now the prem standards are so advanced now its difficult to predict games,and not many teams these days have a good run in the prem,its definately goin stale though,

After predicting a defeat against Manchester Utd. I will go for Home win.

2-1 Nelson (getting closer all the time) and Bellamy.

Which means of course.... I have a sneaky suspicion of 0-0

I think they might actually hold out. A draw is what they will be looking for and will put a different complexion on the game. Hope not though.

i think hughsey will start with

friedel

neil nelson zurab/todd gray

emerton/reid bentley tugay pedersen

bellamy jansen/kuqi/dickov

quite a tough choice on saturday, shame we couldn't play the same side that beat the scum at o.t.

with todd back there is a headache decision to make in defence to leave out zurab or not because he has been outstanding of late.

with lilly sav susspended he can either keep bentley out on the right and put in the axe or reid in his place or he can move bentley inside and play emerton or reid on the right??

it will be interesting the side he puts out against w.b.a.

i hope he sticks with 4-4-2 and we give w.b.a. a good pasting.

would be well nice to go into the break with another 3 points and with games against the scousers and chelski around the corner its all good thumbs-up.gif

my prediction 4.0

bellamy

m.g.p

kuqi

jansen

ave it!!

i think hughsey will start with

friedel

neil nelson zurab/todd gray

emerton/reid    bentley tugay pedersen

bellamy    jansen/kuqi/dickov

350254[/snapback]

I'm astounded that any one individual would ever stick his/her neck out like that.

Some of you are so negative! Rovers are coming off a huge win over the team that has basically been a Premiership dynasty and all some of you can think of is how the team will obviously let us down. Have some confidence!

350238[/snapback]

Well said Sir . thumbs-up.gif

I'll go for 0-0 ..... unsure.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.