SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom At Home

cn174

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see Kuqi getting two goals today, can do wonders for his confidence. I'm going to watch the full match around midnight today, can't wait.. rover.gif

I guess the 30 Norwegians who was over there with brscn.com, got real value for money..

People were saying we got Bellamy for a snip. I was of the opinion that the reported 5/4 million price tag was the upper limit for someone so injury prone. At one stage at Newcastle there was talk of him never being able to play two games in a week ever again due to his persistent knee problems. Whilst that might have been hyperbole, the latest injury is proof that he is not a 38 game a season man by any stretch.

As for the game - fantastic to see Kuqi grapping two goals. Fulham and Sunderland spent of 1 million pounds on Kuqi-type forwards (Helguson and Andy Gray) whilst Hughes got him on a free. Shefki might not be top class but he will offer something different.

Some people were of the opinion that we paid to much for Bellamy. I was of the opinion that we got him for a snip regardless of injury troubles. At this point, some people would think that he is the only player that ever gets injured in the league. Who is a 38 game a season man?

As for the game itself, I wasn`t there, so I won`t to pretend to know what happened but I am happy to see Kuqi score.

Congrats fellas, 3 great results on the trot !!! smile.gif

Here's something for the numbers crunchers amongst us-

Ewood Pk 20,721

Valley 27,111

Cottage 21,862 (vs. Manure !!!!)

Fratton PK 20,220

That doesn't sound soooo bad to me, does it? The worlds' not ending gentlemen.

tinykit.gif

Great result! It's especially nice to see Kuqi getting his finishing down. I'm looking for him to have a fine season from here on. I just hope Bellamy's injury isn't too serious this time. I'd love to see him get settled into the lineup and on a roll. rover.gif

Congrats fellas,  3 great results on the trot !!!  smile.gif

Here's something for the numbers crunchers amongst us-

Ewood Pk  20,721

Valley      27,111

Cottage    21,862    (vs. Manure !!!!)

Fratton PK 20,220

That doesn't sound soooo bad to me, does it?  The worlds' not ending gentlemen.

tinykit.gif

350627[/snapback]

yes, but thats The Cottage and Fratton Park both about 98% full!!!!

Just back in from the game. A deserved win.

WBA played a "Rovers like" 4-5-1 to some effect in the first half. Rovers midfield didn't look right with Reid for Savage. I don't think Bentley is a natural winger either. MGP had a poor game IMO. He is always likely do create/score something though but I think he needs to give us more from deeper to be a top-class all round player.

The Nelsen was mighty in that first half and had the MOM pinched from him by SK.

Bellamy has a Knee injury apparently and it remains to be seen when whether he will miss any games according to Radio Rovers.

The introduction of Mokoena and Emerton ( YES EMERTON !!) gave us a better shape and after a succesion of crosses we finally made on one count.

Had two cert pens turned down as well as far as I could see from the Riverside. Any Bburn Enders get a better look? Thaht's Uriah for ya...

Because he is injury prone and always has been.

Kuqi has found his level, scoring goals against a second division defence.

350619[/snapback]

actually, WBA defended very well and it was only because of the rest of the WBA team did they have to defend soo much.

Also, Curtis Davies is certainly not a championship defender(and yes i no he made a mistake) but i tell ya, if WBA do go down, he will certainly remain in the Prem. Also, their blonde right back pretty good

I understand, mr greggyk.. i was heartened by the fact that these clubs were playing Manure and the Geordies respectively-whereas we had the boing boing baggies. We more results like today, who knows, reservations might be required to jump aboard our bandwagon !!!

Let's focus on the positive today. A drink for all ! Prost !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.