BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom At Home

cn174

First half - very poor and forgotten already.

Second Half - got stuck in when Bert and Mokoena came on. Still very very angry at Dickov for going down, rather than shooting. Nice to see Kuqi get off the mark for Rovers and the celebration is great!!

Hope the problems with Bellamy's knee isn't too serious. I am excited about seeing Kuqi and Bellamy upfront together....

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor first half but the final result made up for that! thumbs-up.gif

The tempo of the first half was far too slow for my liking from the Rovers and the introduction of Emerton and Mokoena in the second half made a massive difference to our side.Well done Kuqi,what you lack in quality you make up for in effort and determination....you got your just rewards today fella.

GREAT TO SEE SMILING FACES ON OUR SUPPORTERS ONCE AGAIN.

P.S.

Richard 'dingle' Chaplow.........user posted image

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

3 wins on the trot and the rovers are in the top half of the table.

Have that Lawro and your pocsey 2-2 in the predictions.

Great to see Kuqi on the score sheet and surprise surprise. Bellas gets an injury just before the internationals.

I wonder if Hughes is trying to keep Bellas away from playing for Wales in order to get to play for Rovers?

If so Id be happy with that.

But nice to see us on the up

Good win in the end. Did you notice how all the players went to Kuqi after he scored - he must be pretty popular.

Knew when I saw him warming up that we'd get nothing from Rennie - he's always been one of those ref's that seem to dislike us.

Albrechtsonstonsonston (the blonde full back) looked quite good - might be worth a punt when WBA go down

i feel today was a simple run of the mill win, the rovers players knew what they had to do when they came out in the 2nd half. go and pressure the wba back four, they did just that and got the reward of kuqi.

cant remember wba having a real good chance, we didnt have too many clear cut chances, but enough to win obviously

smile.gif nice to see us in the top half

my take on the game was that it was a fully deserved victory.

Rovers struggled at first to cope with the loss of Bellamy, they then proceeded to have problems breaking down the wba defence who along with their midfield showed that they are certainties for one thing only this season -

R E L E G A T I O N

Rovers only first half problems stemmed from the the fact that once again Tugay's mate - the 12th man - seemed to give the ball away too much landing the midfield in a bit of trouble. This was the only thing that caused apprehension amongst the Rovers midfield and they really created little as they struggled to find a way through the ranks of surely one of the tallest teams in the premier league.

The second half turned simply on Rovers substitutions. Enter Emerton and Mokoena. The midfield became busier, the two up front became better and bigger targets and the wide men were supported by the willingness of Niell and gray to get as far forward as quickly as possible.

I have antagonised over Kuqi, I wasnt happy with the signing at all and I forsaw nothing from him from the first couple of games this season apart from his effort.

Today those thoughts were slammed to the back of my mind. He won almost every ball in the air, his link and passing play was spot on and he caused havoc with Dickov, Reid and MGP. Emerton played superbly well and looks to have his appetite for the game back. MGP looked off in the first half but as the game went on he got stronger and stronger.

Rovers have previously fallen foul of that idiot of a ref rennie, he didnt give us much and missed two blatant penalties. the one on MGP was clear as daylight.

Anyhow back to the game, Kuqi rose majestically to notch number one then calmly barged Dickov out of the way before clinically despatching number 2 between the keepers legs. All hail Ewoods new darling of today, two swan dives that merited 10 out of 10 for entertainment ohmy.gif

Overall

pleased with the 3 points, it was a game we didnt want to lose, its a plus two haul on the game last season.

Thought MH got the tactics right, although I wish I knew how to solve the Tugay problem.

The team are obviously hell bent on playing for each other and the work rate is first class. The Rovers are a very fit outfit who will take a lot of hard beating, even from the best teams. I doubt that any other team in the league has our work ethic, its just a pity that we dont have the quality of some midfields as if we did then we would easily be one of the best 5 teams in the league.

Player ratings

Brad - 9 - fantastic save early doors then redundant

Lucas - 9 - again solid, silly booking and very unlucky with a fantastic left foot curler

Gray - 8 ran all day and supported the flank

The Admiral - 8 - solid as usual

Zuber - 8 - solid - perfect foil for Nelsen

Tugay - 6 - too many misplaced passes

Reid - 7 - solid but again goes missing for bits and that loose pass causes problems

MGP - 8 - good game, should have had a penalty

Bentley 7 - drifted too much

Bellamy ** injured

Dickov - 8 - ran all day

subs

Kuqi - 9 - my man of the match, not for his goals but his efforts and willingness to run, run and run

The Axe - 8 - solidified the midfield and won everything

Emerton - 8 - good to see him back on song

Happy as Larry with the result, roll on Anfield tinykit.gif

does anyone think nelsen should have been sent off for his harsh challenge?

i think it could have gone either way, and thankfully it went our way smile.gif

350655[/snapback]

A red card would have been very, very harsh IMO.

i think it could have gone either way, and thankfully it went our way smile.gif

350655[/snapback]

Surely a tackle is only worthy of a red card if it actually likely to have caused some serious injury? Nelsen's boots were no were near whoever he fouled and he effectively tackled with his thighs.

Just about the only decision Rennie got right.

Edited by Modi

350655[/snapback]

No

A thoroughly deserved 3 points today. A very good second half performance, especially after the timely substitutions by Hughes.

Was gutted when Bellamy went off but Kuqi and Dickov played very well together.

The most encouraging thing for me right now is that we have got more competition for places throughout the team.

I guess the 30 Norwegians who was over there with brscn.com, got real value for money..

350617[/snapback]

Just been to a Chinese restaurant with two of them. The banquet cost nearly as much as the admission fee at Ewood but we certainly celebrated the victory in style. biggrin.gif

Edited by Claytons Left Boot

A red card would have been very, very harsh IMO.

350656[/snapback]

maybe so, but i just had a feeling he could have gone for that challenge.

maybe i`ll have a change of heart after watching highlights.

3points anyway, thats what is important biggrin.gif

and the fact kuqis goals helped me win money biggrin.gif

I went to my first game of the season - spent £25 on the ticket and by half time was thinking "great way to spend 25 quid" toothless, a team with the ability to trap the ball further than I can kick it and just tedium

second half - bit more pressure - lots of huffing and puffing - a bit of amusement with Kuqi moving the physio's bag - 6 corners after each other - no chances of note - a few shouts for penalties (instead of slagging off Urinal too much - what the hell was the linesman doing he had a much better view) Nelsen doing a Neill and then lo and behold - Pederson corner Kuqi header - 1-0 then an absolute fantastic pass back from the Baggies defence to allow Kuqi's second (anyone else have visions of a comedy collision between dickov and Kuqi when they both went for it?) and game over - 2-0 not a bad game and easy drive home - result

I went to my first game of the season - spent £25 on the ticket and by half time was thinking "great way to spend 25 quid" toothless, a team with the ability to trap the ball further than I can kick it and just tedium

350670[/snapback]

Of course the highlight of Flopsys day was shaking my hand. He also complimented me on my beard. thumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.