SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom At Home

cn174

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was extremely glad to see Todd left on the bench, Zurab and Nelsen have justified their spots with Todd out of the side.

Its his own fault for the "stupid" headbutt and I only hope an extended run on the sidelines may teach him a lesson.

Nelsen should be captain anyway in my opinion. At least he won't let you down!

The shove on Dickov was a clear penalty - the scum's penalty was awarded for far less contact - is time for Mr Indigestion pill to be demoted again?

Great result and good to see Kuqi's dive at last.

from listening to the commentary it almost seemed that we was quite tentative in that first half. until sparky got them in the dressing room and told them to relax and go out and play some football. i thought it was always going to be a tough game but we persevered and in the end thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

The one thing Ive noticed about Kuqi is his abillity to get into good goalscoring positions but before today hes missed quite a few chances. Lets hope that todays goals will give him confidence to take chances when he gets them because if he does he will be more important than Bellamy staying fit for our top half hopes.

Poor poor match in the first half.

We went up two gears in the second half and really put them under pressure. We owe a thanks to Hughes' half time talk.

Im delighted with the performance. Defensively I think we looked sound and never really under pressure except for the 1 crucial time Friedel was asked to make a save.

Very very gutted that Bellamy got injured without anyone even near him. Looked serious to me. He didnt have a smile on his face on the sidelines near the end of the game when we were up and not even at the final whistle.

Hopefully the two week break is what he needs.

Observer reports Bellamy as having hamstring problems. In that case two weeks will be insufficient.

Mark Hughes says its his knee and the medics will be looking at it again today.

I really hope he pulls out of the Welsh squad as I simply don't trust Toshack with our players.

Edited by philipl

Thank goodness he doesnt do a Kuqi celebration belly flop.

350707[/snapback]

I dont know if anyone watched Match of the Day but Mark Lawrenson said and I quote (well roughly) "I dont know about his celebration, he wont be aloud to do that every week"

I thought to myself - you have never seen Kuqi play before have you? Otherwise you would know that when he scores that is what he does. Then again, Lawrenson dosent bother with watching the lower division teams.

I dont know if anyone watched Match of the Day but Mark Lawrenson said and I quote (well roughly) "I dont know about his celebration, he wont be aloud to do that every week"

I thought to myself - you have never seen Kuqi play before have you?  Otherwise you would know that when he scores that is what he does.  Then again, Lawrenson dosent bother with watching the lower division teams.

350709[/snapback]

i know i thought about that.

hes been doing it for years.....

Why were there massive queues at the ticket office before the match?

Anyone else notice a much larger number of ethnic supporters in the ground as well?

350727[/snapback]

also, more Rovers fans sitting in the Darwen end.

And does anyone know how many WBA actually brought? Lee??

Absolutely great to see Kuqui get off the mark; both goals well taken and several other chances as well.

Incidentally, having seen the man in action enough to form an opinion, I think that in spite of his obvious limitations he will turn out to be a very useful acquisition for Rovers. IMO he is a better footballer than Tommy Briggs ever was and look what he did for Rovers. Like Briggs he is a goal poacher but with the added ability to move into good positions and make things happen. If he only scores once or twice in every match I for one will not complain! Also it would be interesting to hear the opinions of other older Rovers supporters who can remember seeing the late great Tommy Briggs in action for Rovers what they think about Kuqui.

That was a great win yesterday and to get two wins in a row, will certainly give the players confidence. Kuqi took his goals very well and hopefully now he can get a few more, but up until yesterday he has been terrible in front of goal. Hopefully Bellamy's injury isn't anything too serious and with the international break coming up, he will have time to recover. Who's up next for Rovers?

Draw. Probably another 1-1.

Prove me wrong again lads. smile.gif

350333[/snapback]

Thanks for that. smile.gif

I've only seen the second half highlights, but my didn't we look impressive? Wave after wave of attacks. And 8th in the league? How quickly things change.

Finally, a big well done to Shefki. Well deserved goals not only for his performance yesterday but for all the effort he's been putting in despite things having not gone quite right for him so far.

Thanks for that. smile.gif

I've only seen the second half highlights, but my didn't we look impressive? Wave after wave of attacks. And 8th in the league? How quickly things change.

Finally, a big well done to Shefki. Well deserved goals not only for his performance yesterday but for all the effort he's been putting in despite things having not gone quite right for him so far.

350812[/snapback]

We are 10th now. Bloody Wigan and Arsenal winning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.