BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 1-0 Rovers

It was his ankle that Babbel broke wasn't it? Struggling to remember now. A complete accident, unlike Neill's lunge.

351918[/snapback]

Thanks for the reminder. It was indeed Marcus Babbel, and I now see what the previous poster was getting at: Marcus B, by which he correctly meant Marcus Babbel and not as I mistook him to mean, Marcus Bent, who was no longer a Rover at that time of course. Ah well; I guess it is time to join Jim in the Nursing Home.

My prediction(as ever optimistic) 1-2

Bellamy

Crouch

Kuqui

and Dickov to miss a penalty in the first half and get subbed by Kuqui.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope for a draw and that we dont lose....i hope its something like this:::Blackburn 20-0 Liverpool....not possible you say? you just wait and see...MWAHAHAHAHA biggrin.gif

Edited by Cowan

Was you at ewood on saturday? Lucas Neill was awful - his distribution has been poor and he looks dodgy. The 1st few games he looked alright but lately hes been crap. Zurab however has looked solid as a rock, as do nelsen & todd, so why not play all 3 at the back. Afterall Zurab is a full back.

Maybe it would be a wake up call to Neill

351761[/snapback]

I was at Ewood, and he was not awful!! did you watch the game at all???

He played a good game, and came close to get a goal as well with an exellent left footed shot.

PS! I think we have a decent chance bagging a victory on anfield! Liverpool is in the same position as man u before we played them, they need three points and they need to convince the kop! And Blackburn coming to the game knowing that we can get at least a draw, we got a good run and a lot of confidence! And we don't have any pressure to get any points!

If the Rovers lads walk out and play like they did against man u, we have every reason to be optimistic! Hope Bellamy will be fit for it, and with Dickov or Kuqi to partner him. the rest of the team should be the same as against man u! With Mokoena coming on for Tugay in the 2nd half, and with Reid and Emerton to come on later on to give us more options! Emerton played very well when he came on against west brom, and Mokoena was exellent in the 2nd half against man u and played well against west brom!

Edited by pks1984

My prediction: 2-1 with Pedersen and Emerton scoring.

A quick question: What was everyone's overall opinion of Babbel in his time at Rovers. I'm interested to know, considering I wasn't a board member here at the time nor anywhere else to read others' opinions.

My prediction: 2-1 with Pedersen and Emerton scoring.

A quick question: What was everyone's overall opinion of Babbel in his time at Rovers. I'm interested to know, considering I wasn't a board member here at the time nor anywhere else to read others' opinions.

352065[/snapback]

I gonna put my two penneth in here before he gets a complete slagging. He wasnt that great at Rovers, but he had just recovered from a serious illness and wasn't really interested in the team, i think he realised he could be doing a little better for his career by going home.

Excellent player for FC Bayern though, if we'd have had him in that form, well...

I thought, and I think most on here would agree, that he was excellent in his first few months here. Rock solid at the back and also chipped in with a few goals. I think he then became bored with the situation, wanted to be back at Liverpool and started talking about our small little club in the press. Not really too impressive, but if he had maintained the form he had during his first couple of months then we probably would have all wanted to make the deal permanent and no one would have had any complaints.

Crouch is utter rubbish - not even premiership class let alone international.  I don't think he's better than Shefki so who got the better deal?  Having now said that, he's guaranteed to score against us (sorry!)

352155[/snapback]

Think tonights match proved crouch is not there yet. So who do you think he wi;ll try and prove it against? last time I went to anfield I had to drive home 247 miles with two scoucers a nuetral... we lost 4-0. if the game is not to be like last seasons 0-0 bore fest, I cannot see any other result... Yes we have beeten Unt, but our performance in the first half against the baggies was VVVV poor, I almost fell asleep, and flopsy was well chuffed to have bought a ticket laugh.gif ... we cannot afford to play like that against the bigger teams of the prem, regardless of their current form. If we come out like we did against the manc's we might have a chance...but we all know the blues... unsure.gif

Looking forward to this game, as its the first time i have ever been to the ground. Heard its an absolute morgue for run-of-the-mill fixtures like this 1! Im in row 26 which i presume is quite near the back, and i hope the Rovers fans create a superb atmosphere like we always do away from home rover.gif Hows the ticket sales going for this game Lee?

I dont see why we can go there and get a victory or at least a point. L'pool play in fits and spurts and can often flatter to deceive. If we go with a similar attitude to the manure game and get the Emerton who played against wba to go up against Traore i think we can get some joy on that side.

Finally, this is a question ive thought about many time before, but never bothered to ask. Can you ask to for a specific part of an away allocation?? In the past ive just ordered the ticket, but can you ask, for example at Anfield 'can i sit towards the left hand side of the allocation towards the back'??

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Was you at ewood on saturday? Lucas Neill was awful - his distribution has been poor and he looks dodgy. The 1st few games he looked alright but lately hes been crap. Zurab however has looked solid as a rock, as do nelsen & todd, so why not play all 3 at the back. Afterall Zurab is a full back.

Maybe it would be a wake up call to Neill

351761[/snapback]

I was at Ewood and he wasn't awful. We kept a clean sheet, so obviously the defence did their job.

Todd hasn't been at his best this season, so bringing him back in and putting Zurab at right back would weaken the centre of defence.

Why change a winning team?

Edited by sumps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.