BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool 1-0 Rovers

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't have been very confident about going to Anfield and getting a result. However, after beating United at Old Trafford, there is no reason why can't get a positive result at Anfield. The two wins in a row will have given the team a lot of confidence. Liverpool aren't playing well at the moment, they got stuffed against Chelsea and will be without Gerrard for the game. I think we have a good chance of winning, but no doubt Crouch will score his first goal against Rovers, because it always happens. A win of any sort would be great, but I wouldn't be too bothered about a draw. Hughes to play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

Just had a quick look at the clips, Liverpool fans annoy me at the best of times, but after a night like that FOUR months ago, the fact I have heard calls on Century, TalkSport and Radio5 telling Benitez to go speaks volumes! The word fickle does'nt do it justice!

Been talking to Barry from work, he did the Q & A on last year's match. He reckons it's a 0-0. or a 1-0 to either side.

I can't argue with that, let's hope it's a 1-0 to us

Im going from my university (crewe station) on the train to Liverpool. Ive heard that the ground is miles away from lime street, so ive heard that the best idea is to walk about 10 min into the town centre and get a bus to the ground. There are a few busus that go to the ground! tinykit.gif

Im going from my university (crewe station) on the train to Liverpool. Ive heard that the ground is miles away from lime street, so ive heard that the best idea is to walk about 10 min into the town centre and get a bus to the ground. There are a few busus that go to the ground! tinykit.gif

353035[/snapback]

Have a look in the Liverpool entry in here - Kirkdale station to Goodison is a good half mile, so Anfield another half mile at a guess.

Lawrenson on the game:

"I am going for Liverpool but you do worry where the goals are going to come from. "

Does it keep him awake at night wondering where all the goals are gonna come from?? Not Rovers this time though.

353074[/snapback]

I've not looked yet, but has he predicted something like a 3-2 win? Thats what Lawrenson usually does when talking about teams who "struggle scoring goals"

I've now looked, despite Lawro lying awake at night wondering where the goals are coming from for his favourite club and despite saying that we are physically strong and tough to beat, he still thinks Liverpool will score two against us.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Lee

Lawro on Steven Reid (don't want to take this thread too much off topic)

With the likes of Roy Keane and Damien Duff ruled out through injury, Lawrenson bemoaned the lack of quality available to Kerr, especially on the bench.

Lawrenson said: "You look at the three substitutes Ireland brought on against Switzerland and that tells you what you need to know.

"Stephen Reid isn't a regular for Blackburn, Stephen Elliott has only played a handful of Premiership games since breaking into the Sunderland team and Gary Doherty isn't even a regular in the Norwich team in the Championship.

"He's got a lot of mediocrity in the squad and that can only get you so far in international football.

Edited by John

Steven Reid has played more football lately than his namesake in tottenham that has been left out of spurs starting 11 the last couple of games...still Ireland prefer andy Reid in front of Steven Reid, stupid...and when you see their central midfield as well? why don't they play Reidy?!

this was off topic...

So is there anybody going from Manchester to liverpool on saturday? smile.gif

let me know!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.