• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the BBC:

"Highest achievable after Saturday's matches: 4th

Lowest could fall: 12th"

So Champions League here we come! rover.gifblink.gif

Don't worry- its not going to happen, read through loads of forecasts and they are unanimously predicting a very comfortable win for Liverpool.

Edited by philipl

I'd be happy with a point here, keeping the fine unbeaten record.

1-1 anyone?

Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet are using a 1.60 bet on Liverpool as a banker in their "double" oddscoupon, with the reason "Blackburn has not won in Anfield since 1993" - my hopes went up a notch after that.

We hadn't won at OT for a while either.. wink.gif

Silly red card.. the ref didn't even see where the foul took place, which is terribly poor. It was clearly outside the box, and therefore I can't believe how the ref could see Zura being the last man either. Which he wasn't, and Cissè was on his way over the line.

But okay, we're still square.

Tugay off now, with Mokoena or Reid coming on? Perhaps even Emerton for Bentley?

Too bad, I thought Dickov was doing well alongside Kuqi upfront.

Edited by herbergeehh

Just seen the Sky Sports match preview, and amazingly it would seem that we are starting to get some positive press!

Phil Thompson described our performance at OT as "outstanding", which is quite something as the former Liverpool man has never seemed to be an admirer of ours. He went for A Reds home win, but didnt give the impression that he thought it would be easy.

Tony Cottee even went as far as to tip us for the win, and Le Tiss went for a draw.

Interestingly they all went on to say how different and disciplined we are compared to last season, and what a good side we are and could be.

To be honest I dont think we are all that different last year, but what do I know...even Camp Hairdresser Lawrenson gave us an inkling of credit through gritted teeth in this weeks preview.

One question though, do we prefer to be loved by these two faced media muppets, or did we enjoy the tag of most hated team, and the seige mentality that came with it, on the pitch , the terraces and this board?

Watch us get 2 sent off today now!

Decided not to pay for my 3rd PPV in the last month or so, and now RR is TERRIBLE, as RAF said, keeps going in and out. After the red, though, might end up being glad to save the cash.

353451[/snapback]

I've paid for it and I am thoroughly disgusted with Halsey. He lost his bottle. That has to be the weakest straight red I have ever seen. The game which was decent is now over as a spectacle. I suppose players are not allowed to tackle now are we supposed to just give them the game.

I can bet my next pay packet, Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell and the like would not have even got a talking to. It's ###### and the favouritism IS a huge part of what is spoiling the game.

Watched the first half and the standard of mr halsey's decisions have been abysmal beyond belief.

He even managed to point to the penalty spot when the assistant ref signalled it was outside the box. Cisse was clearly running away from goal, with very little chance of scoring and nelsen covering in the centre. A foul and a yellow for sure, the red should be overturned but that doesn't help us now!

At least 2 liverpool players should be on yellows, can't see us ending the day with 10men if this pathetic ref keeps on his mission to hurt rovers and protect liverpool!

On a non ref point, bentley hasn't done much and i would like to see emerton introduced for the second half, as at least he provides crosses and link up play with lucas.

We could nick this if we frustrate liverpool for long enough, but on the last 15mins i can't see if being long before someone major happens!

Looked like the ref lost the plot for a while there. Points to the spot, changes his mind, talks to linesman, goes back out towards the spot of the foul, has to check which player it is he wants to book, back to linesman, back out to players and sends off Zura.

Zura was the last defender but Cisse was taking the ball away from goal when the foul happened. Was it a clear chance at goal? Can't say it was. Was it a red card? Not sure, seemed a little harsh, even though he was last man.

Hmm.

Anyway, we seemed fairly comfortable before that but it's going to be very hard now. We're going to have to defend and hope for a point. I suspect we'll see Mokoena on for Tugay at the start of the second half.

On Sky theyve got that Scouse muppet Phil Thompson talking about the Rovers-L'pool game. Typically biased, he says the Zurab sending off is a definite red card. Jeff Stelling says Zurab got a touch of the ball and was unlucky to go, which of course Pinnochio disagrees with. Stelling just laughs and says, 'Where Liverpool are concerned you certainly have rose-coloured glasses on, dont you Phil!'

In which case, why have the fool commenting on that game?!

Looks like Andy Todd will be back in the side with Zurab off and a suspension to come. We're certainly having a roller coaster start to the season!

1-0 to the referee. We deserved a point for the solid performance, only denied by 1 of his many pathetic and dsigracefully biased decisions.

Even down to his bookings, he favoured liverpool. Maybe he has rovers for the bad boys or liverpool for the league.

An FA investigation should be on the cards, but as we aren't manyoo it will not be.

Screwed again by the powers that be, when will the madness end and sane ref's (like mr clatternburg wink.gifwink.gif ) be appointed.

Roll on next saturday and the brummie boys, we'll be up for it after today! mad.gif

Liverpool horribly bad.

What a game they produced.. with the exception of Xabi Alonso and Jamie Carragher, Liverpool was n o t h i n g!

One freekick (when are we going to learn that you have to stop making them, and at least try to block the shot, not just run towards the ball?) was all they had.

Liverpool going for 2nd place? You're having a laugh!

Good defending today methinks, have to give credit to Savage for his endless running - even though he made the freekick eventually ending up in the net. Here's to having Bellamy back upfront against Brum!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.