BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Whats In A Name?

Ozz

What was the name of that French forward who signed for Newcastle? Translated as "galloping horse" or something similar.

He was their Grabbi.

"Limping donkey" would have been more appropriate.

351194[/snapback]

Stephane Guivarch?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A chap by the name of Wolfgang Wolf used to manage German side Wolfsberg. They sacked him though I believe. Perhaps they're hoping Henning will change his name to Wolf. You couldn't make it up.

351237[/snapback]

Berger off laugh.gif

A chap by the name of Wolfgang Wolf used to manage German side Wolfsberg. They sacked him though I believe. Perhaps they're hoping Henning will change his name to Wolf. You couldn't make it up.

351237[/snapback]

And purely because of that, Wolfsberg are my favourite Germany side laugh.gif

Sean Curry

Pat Rice

Edited by Lee

now the following has nothing to do with football in england but i thought it was still rather funny. back in the 70's or 80's here in australia there was a bloke who did a streak across the ground in a rugby league grand final....now i aint sure if this is completely true or not but his name was/is "Mark Hardon" laugh.gif

351212[/snapback]

Reminds me of being at OT watching Lancashire and being childishly amused by an incoming Somerset batsmen called Richard (no doubt Dick to his team mates)Harden.

Edited by mjs

351237[/snapback]

And purely because of that, Wolfsberg are my favourite Germany side  laugh.gif

351275[/snapback]

Bizarrely, after they sacked him he wanted to get his old job back and came for an interview. The Chairman was having none of it and told his secretary to get rid of him. Hence the expression "keeping ze voolf from ze door". As they say in Voolfsberg.

Danny Invincible

Where is he now?

351099[/snapback]

Interesting story about him, a bloke came into Ladbrokes in Blackburn where my partner is manager about a month ago with 100k cash in a bin bag wanting to place the money on Kilmarnock to beat Dunfermline away from home. The bet was 100,000 at 8/13 to win 157,000! ohmy.gif

Anyway Kilmarnock were 2-1 up and looking ok until Dunfermline equalised in the 66th minute. The score stayed the same until well after twenty to five and Ladbrokes looked set for a huge windfall. Then it flashed up on teletext that that guy Invincible had scored on 90!

Cue the punter going from zero to 157,000 quid in an instant and much wailing and gnashing of teeth and no annual bonuses at Ladbrokes end!

Butt twitching time or what? smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.