Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

George Best R.I.P.

den

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP GEORGE.

By the way Richard burns who was a world cha.pion rally drivers has died age 34  from a long illness, now any death is sad, but 34 is very youngindeed so a special prayer  goes out to his family

363248[/snapback]

Now that is a shame. 34 is no age is it? Unfortunately Burns did not have the choice of whether to live or die.

Edited by thenodrog

I believe everybody deserves a second chance and George Best blew that, he jumped the cue to get somebodys liver when it could have gone to a more worthy person as people are on the waiting list for years, 6 months later George Best started drinking again. Why should I have sympathy when his death is self inflicted? If it was of a serious illness my heart would go out to him, but it wasn't so its time to turn the pages of a newspaper Im afraid. I have sympathy for his family, becaus of what he has put them through but thats as far as it goes.

I believe everybody deserves a second chance and George Best blew that, he jumped the cue to get somebodys liver when it could have gone to a more worthy person as people are on the waiting list for years, 6 months later George Best started drinking again. Why should I have sympathy when his death is self inflicted? If it was of a serious illness my heart would go out to him, but it wasn't so its time to turn the pages of a newspaper Im afraid. I have sympathy for his family, becaus of what he has put them through but thats as far as it goes.

363313[/snapback]

I find it difficult to be as hard as that. We all know the history, but whatever, he was a human being. There have been a lot worse people lived on this planet than George Best.

363313[/snapback]

well said a waste of a liver on him

There have been a lot worse people lived on this planet than George Best.

363316[/snapback]

Too true, but there have been a lot better too, none of them got a minute's silence.

Not that it really matters does it? He lived, he's dead, and my Missus has got his autograph from 1969 and, as much as I would like to stop myself, I keep seeing ££££££££££££ rolling in front of my eyes.

I feel a right git sometimes.

I find it difficult to be as hard as that. We all know the history, but whatever, he was a human being. There have been a lot worse people lived on this planet than George Best.

363316[/snapback]

I watched my best friends mum die when we were both 16, she died of liver disease, didn't drink, yet was put on a waiting list, she was 55 and it turned out the liver she was waiting for was given to an alcoholic, somebody younger then herself, 3 months later she died. So maybe thats why i can't show any ounce of compassion for this man.

yeah that is sad, i think alot of people have a right to dislike him due to the silly things he did.

although i do think alcoholic's are people with a disease and Best tried very hard in later life to give booze up, so he was a vitcim of his own success.

tinykit.gif    Best was good, but Bryan Douglas was better.

363490[/snapback]

Interesting. I remember at the time of Finney and Douglas, that many rovers fans thought Duggie was the better player.

What about some of the other old timers on here - was Duggie better than Best?

I feel the minutes applause is more appropriare than a minutes silence in these instances. Simply because it allows those who wish to applaud to do and those who wish to show "disapproval" to do so by remaining silence thus avoiding the problems at COMS and Milwall.

Silence should be reserved for events such as Armistice Day, perhaps the Tsunami and other tragedies.

People who are complaining about his lifestyle and lamenting how good he could have been are just, lets be honest, feeling sorry for themselves not

Best. They are just ###### off that they couldn't see more of his dribbling, shooting etc. and have even more stories to tell their mates and grandchildren. They feel cheated and deprived.

If he was supposedly ###### up every Wednesday night in the pub, so what? Obviously, the game was not as important to him as everyone wanted it to be. And everyone cries foul. Tough.

On the subject of the liver transplant, what do you expect of an alcoholic? He couldn't stop boozing. Giving him a new liver isn't going to stop him. I take it he didn't perform the operation himself. Can't blame him for that decision then.

He made a choice about how to live his life, just like everyone reading this does. People shouldn't blame him for his choices and say he has no right to make them, just because he chooses his lifestyle amidst a media frenzy and some don't happen to agree with his choice. In the end, he chose to die.

Edited by markread

People who are complaining about his lifestyle and lamenting how good he could have been are just, lets be honest, feeling sorry for themselves not

Best. They are just ###### off that they couldn't see more of his dribbling, shooting etc. and have even more stories to tell their mates and grandchildren. They feel cheated and deprived.

363545[/snapback]

They probably also lament the amount of gorgeous women he went through too!!! laugh.gifwink.gif

Has anybody also considered the possibilty that Best himself had no intention of growing old and frail....it doesn't appeal to me either to be honest unsure.gif