BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United "star"

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOKING APART ..I THINK HES A PRICK BUT WHY SHOULD HE BE NAMED OR ANY OTHER MALE BE NAMED UNTIL ITS PROVEN OR NOT......IF HES DONE NOTHING WHAT THE FERK IS IT ALL ABOUT (APART FROM FAME AND MONEY) OR IF HES GUILTY WHAT A @#/? BUT ITS WRONG THAT HES NAMED OR EVEN BEEN LEAKED TO THE PRESS.

Would you go for 37-year old Gina, 48-year old "Auld Slapper" or mixed raced Amy in pink high heels, Cletus ?

Hmmmm??unsure.gif tricky one that??

Which one liked the Pot Noodles again?? unsure.gif

wink.gif

This is very serious for Ronaldo. Given the time it has taken from the incident to the arrest, I'd guess the Police were making sure they have got a case that will stick given the profile.

354426[/snapback]

More like the police were busy negotiating a price for leaking the story .......

I doubt there's anything in this . Why does somebody like Ronaldo have to rape when there's hundreds who'd give it him on a plate ? Especially as he's such a big boy judging by AESF's picture ..... ohmy.gif

More like the police were busy negotiating a price for leaking the story .......

I doubt there's anything in this . Why does somebody like Ronaldo have to rape when there's hundreds who'd give it him on a plate ? Especially as he's such a big boy judging by AESF's picture .....  ohmy.gif

354686[/snapback]

Typical nonsense from you Phil. Nobody has to rape. It's not ugly or desperate people that do it unless you know better. I agree that it is most unlikely he has done it but to give the reason that he had no motive as he could get it anywhere is just ridiculous. Not unexpected mind, but ridiculous all the same.

I doubt there's anything in this . Why does somebody like Ronaldo have to rape when there's hundreds who'd give it him on a plate ? Especially as he's such a big boy judging by AESF's picture .....  ohmy.gif

354686[/snapback]

Rapist don't rape for the sex itself, they do it to feel in control.

JOKING APART ..I THINK HES A PRICK BUT WHY SHOULD HE BE NAMED OR ANY OTHER MALE BE NAMED UNTIL ITS PROVEN OR NOT......IF HES DONE NOTHING WHAT THE  FERK IS IT ALL ABOUT (APART  FROM FAME AND MONEY) OR IF HES GUILTY WHAT A @#/? BUT ITS WRONG THAT HES NAMED OR EVEN BEEN LEAKED TO THE PRESS.

354501[/snapback]

Abbey, I thought you'd got over your love-affair with capslock.

My sympathy is entirely with Ronaldo and, before him, the Arsenal goalkeeper Graham Stack, who was accused of rape before the case fell apart in court, because this is a sad indictment of this country continuing to copy America.

Years ago there was a US film, starring Alan Alda, in which a man committed suicide after being named by police investigating a rape claim.

As it turned out, no charges were brought and but the man took his own life because of the public humiliation and trauma. Towards the end of the film, Alda's character says the US should be "the same as England, where people are not named until they have been charged with an offence".

In fact, the film was wrong, because the right to anonymity in Britain used to go much farther than that.

During their investigations into serious crimes, particularly in sensitive cases such as rape, police usually issued a terse statement, saying that "a man is helping them with their inquiries". Even if charges were brought and the case went to court, the accused was still not named.

Defendants were not named until AFTER THEY HAD BEEN FOUND GUILTY. In other words, if the defendant was found not guilty, he could walk from court with his freedom and his reputatation intact.

Now, footballers (and others presumably) are being named when they are merely being interviewed over a charge that may or may not be brought.

Why ?

And if the interviewee is named, why not also the girl making the accusations ?

Defendants were not named until AFTER THEY HAD BEEN FOUND GUILTY. In other words, if the defendant was found not guilty, he could walk from court with his freedom and his reputatation intact. 

Now, footballers (and others presumably) are being named when they are merely being interviewed over a charge that may or may not be brought.

Why ?

And if the interviewee is named, why not also the girl making the accusations ?

354743[/snapback]

The law has succumbed to the will of the red tops' need for scandal to sell papers. A sorry state of affairs.

I don't know the precise law but understand the victim has the right to anonimity in rape and other sexual crimes.

To be clear on this site's policy; we will not permit the naming of anyone in connection with similar allegations until it is widely reported in national media......if only to prevent Ste, Glenn and I from being sued. smile.gif

rover.gif there was a story in the let last night about a bloke who had lost his home,partner,job and not seen his son for 9 month's because he was wrongly accused of rape.

many moons ago the police called on my home when i was away.when asked why they wanted to speak to me,they replied my name had come up in a rape inquiry,well that went down well mad.gif

when i returned home i stormed down to northgate,and nearly got arrested for telling the officer in no certian words if he ever mentioned my name and that crime again i would tear him apart. tinykit.gif

but if it is true then it is his own fault and that will ultimately be the end of his career.

354572[/snapback]

As indeed it was the beginnning of the end for Tyson after he was convicted for rape but in that case you've gone on record on this messageboard as saying it was the fault of his victim. What's the difference?

EDIT - shouldn't this thread be in ICBINF?

Edited by Tooting Rover

He was a teacher when I was there many years ago. Pretty decent, ordinary bloke I always thought, a very good umpire in the Ribb League too. Obviously no idea about this but I would imagine that's pretty much the end of an ordinary life for him whether he keeps a job at CRGS or not. On the face of it, can't see any sense in publishing his name, but I can see if it wasn't made public there'd be rumours aplenty around Clitheroe and the educational circuit.

He was a teacher when I was there many years ago.  Pretty decent, ordinary bloke I always thought, a very good umpire in the Ribb League too.  Obviously no idea about this but I would imagine that's pretty much the end of an ordinary life for him whether he keeps a job at CRGS or not.  On the face of it, can't see any sense in publishing his name, but I can see if it wasn't made public there'd be rumours aplenty around Clitheroe and the educational circuit.

355214[/snapback]

He taught me as well and I always thought he was a good sort and I was enormously sad to hear of his arrest, especially for this. Although his name was published in the LET recently, it was widely known long before then and it wasn't much of a secret in Clitheroe or among former pupils of CRGS. Even though charges have been dropped, it's hard to see how he would be able to return to his job.

News like this travels fast and it's hard for names not to be known. Take the Ronaldo case, his name wasn't published until a couple of days ago, but I was told by a journo mate within a couple of hours of the original story hitting the newstands. The news of Flitcroft's dodgy daliances was also widely known before the official announcement.

I think that it would be very difficult to keep names out of the public domain, whether announced by the press or by word of mouth, but in cases where the accused are found innocent I have little problem at all in making the identities of their accusers being made public, especially in cases where there is evidence of it being a malicious allegation.

There was a lot of dribbling around the box but no penetration.

sounds about right that! smile.gif apparently the girl asked to see Ronaldo`s tackle but he just did a little riverdance & fell over. huh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.