SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squirrels

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else fascinated by starlings?

I quite enjoy watching them in their large groups darting around erratically like a badly choreographed boyband.

Having said that, it's that same unpredictability that could leave you in all kinds of trouble should you be cornered by some in Blakey's on a Friday night.

I think we can safely say that yer sparrer would quite comfortably kick seven bells out of yer "adult basic" plover if that picture is anything to go by. It doesn't look as though it even has the strength to fly let alone kick off.

Besides up on the Fernhurst Farm estate the sparrers are being taught various matial arts techniques by the squirrels. It's no place for a plover at night up there I can tell them now (if any are reading, which I doubt they are, as they're soft).

• 3 weeks later...
How about a Shoebill ?. These mofos are about 5 foot tall apparently.

user posted image

Even geese and swans would be wary about taking this mean dude.

359120[/snapback]

Aughra: Ya look like Gelfling...

[sniffs]

Aughra: SMELL like Gelfling...

[sniffs]

Aughra: maybe y'ARE Gelfling!

user posted image

Check out the squirrels in this link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4489792.stm

Scary!!!

364457[/snapback]

"They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh."

Fair play to the little black rascals, if I saw some humans roaming round carrying pieces of flesh I gather my nuts and run off an all. There's no need for it, no need at all. Not even in Russia.

The metre-long snakes may be preventing the chestnuts being stolen by the squirrels, Philip, but they seem to be eating the prize goldfish!!!  ohmy.gif

user posted image

364490[/snapback]

Good spot Sox. We don't want their sort up here on Fernhurst Farm. One of the main reasons we moved here in the first place was that they have wild gold fish roaming the streets. We (although obviously I can't speak for everyone) don't want plastics snakes coming up here scaring squirels away and eating the fish. The ducks would run riot.

As Richard Attenborough once commented "You shouldn't **** about with nature". Mind you what does he know about any of it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.