Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Where've they gone? Anyone seen 'em?

368591[/snapback]

Apparantly one of the little blighters was on the pitch in the game at Highbury between Arsenal and Villareal.

Bloomin' hooligans, next thing they'll be digging up the pitch to bury their nuts.

• 1 year later...

From The Guardian's "Northerner" -

The Famous Wild Boar hotel at Crook, near Windermere, in the Lake District is serving free grey squirrel pancakes to diners.

Apparently, they taste a bit like rabbit.

The much-maligned grey is being culled in the north Pennines around Alston amid fears that the little blighters are taking over and wiping out their bright-eyed, less aggressive red-furred cousins. The red squirrel protection partnership has killed 4,521 greys since January and says there is no reason why they can't be eaten. In America, the most popular recipe involving grey squirrel is Brunswick stew - essentially a casserole.

The free grey squirrel pancakes at the Wild Boar are for one week only. My colleague, Jon Henley, will probably be at the front of the queue as he hates grey squirrels. My husband is likely to be second in the queue as we are plagued with the rascals in our garden. They pinch the bread from the bird table, bury it and then dig up the lawn when they forget where they hid their loot.

I'm considering vegetarianism :ph34r:

I'm considering vegetarianism :ph34r:

Nah, eat the @#/?s, especially if they have been killed near the few places where the red squirrels live.

I like my greys, but then I'm 50 miles away from the nearest colony of reds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.