BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Taylor

http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...~925609,00.html

The veteran defender comes straight back into the team, in place of Darran Kempson, whilst DG also makes another change to his back line as Paul Bignot, recalled from a loan spell at Kidderminster Harriers, comes in for Andy Taylor who hasn't been given permission to play by hbis parent club Blackburn Rovers.

So Taylor wasn't allowed to play in the FA Cup for Crewe, surely that must mean something - at least Sparky will keep his options open in terms of perhaps taking him back.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Derbyshire and Garner I'd like to back Tris' point up and suggest that they should be in the first XI NOW. Please note that if they ever do make it and become regular first team players I was the one saying that they should have been playing a lot sooner, that I know more than the manager and that basically the whole idea was mine (and not Tris').

Forget Derby & Joe we should have played the Uner 18's.Rovers Thrash United

http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...~925609,00.html

So Taylor wasn't allowed to play in the FA Cup for Crewe, surely that must mean something - at least Sparky will keep his options open in terms of perhaps taking him back.

I think it was just precautionary. Tony Kane wasn't given permission to play for Stockport either - and the chances of him getting a game with Lucas Neill, Reid, Brett Emerton, Zurab, Nelsen, Ooijer all perfectly capable (and Mokoena imperfectly capable) of playing right back are somewhere between zero and nought.

Edited by rover6

Yeah, gross misconduct, like.

Appears Hughes rates McEveley higher than Taylor. Or he's running the rule over him to decide whether to keep him or not.

more than likely to be the latter, tchocky. jay's contract expires this summer, and -for want of a better analogy - he's drinking in the last chance saloon.

Barker's loan spell at Rochdale went from bad to ignominy when he haplessly skied a penalty and helped dump his team out of the FA cup yesterday. Anyone see it? Apparently, it was horrendous.

As for Taylor, the Crewe site reports that they want to sign him on for another month (Rovers categorically ruled out a season-long loan) but if things are not sorted out at the start of this week, he'll return to Rovers.

Barker's loan spell at Rochdale went from bad to ignominy when he haplessly skied a penalty and helped dump his team out of the FA cup yesterday. Anyone see it? Apparently, it was horrendous.

Yup I did, it was a shocker. Went a good 2/3 meters over the bar. Was similar to some of the celebrities attempts on Soccer Am!

Yup I did, it was a shocker. Went a good 2/3 meters over the bar. Was similar to some of the celebrities attempts on Soccer Am!

Yes woeful attempt at the penalty.

Although he done well in last 5 mins when beautifully chesting down a high ball and nearly set up his strike partner. The lad only had about 15 minutes of play and would be extremely hard to make an impact on the game. I also wouldn't label his performances pony!! Give him time to settle as he was only getting over his first penalty miss, now he has another to get over from last nite!! :blink:

Looks to be a good powerful forward, who will currently be a decent asset to clubs in lower divisions. His time will come.

I also wouldn't label his performances pony!! Give him time to settle as he was only getting over his first penalty miss, now he has another to get over from last nite!! :blink:

He also missed one for Cercle Brugge reserves in his goal-less half-season with them.

So we know who'll be stepping up to the spot in the next international tournament for England then....

:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Congratulations to Andy Taylor who was named Tranmere Rovers' Young Player of the Season.

Whatever anyone says about Taylor's lack of pace and physical strength - I think Hughes was totally wrong to dump him for the luminous experience of Bruno Berner. Classic case of the availability of freebie mediocre experience stymieing young talent.

Taylor was no and will never be a world beater. He was just a young lad with promise who had done his time on loan and for the reserves and deserved to be given a chance to establish himself as a squad player. Hughes gave McEveley a chance, Mokoena many chances, Berner a chance - why not Taylor? Because he no top level experienced.

Which begs the question, how can he accumulate experience?

Edited by rover6

Oh not again.

What do you mean when you say he deserved squad experience? Do you mean he was, or would have been good enough for the first team? Because if he wasn't, he shouldn't be in the squad. - and please don't reply with "neither was so and so".

Edited by den

I wonder how often some people actually watch the Reserves when we get demands that certain players be given their opportunity in the first team simply because they have come through the Academy. The simple fact is that Andy Taylor is not a Premiership left-back. Bruno Berner is an experienced international with European experience and having watched both play I know who I'd prefer to act as backup to Warnock, and it isn't the one who is now plying his trade in the third tier of English football.

Football has changed from the days when clubs like the Rovers could afford to allow a youngster to learn his trade in the first team. There is too much money at stake for that to happen today and experienced football men like Mark Hughes know this and bring in experienced players who are willing to act as squad players and play a backup role. Taylor didn't get a chance because he had no top flight experience, Taylor didn't get a chance in the Premiership because he wasn't good enough in the view of the manager. I, for one, don't have a problem with that as I saw nothing in his performances in the Reserves to suggest Hughes has got it wrong. I'm sure Andy Taylor will have a successful career lower down the Leagues but not at the top level.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.