SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Asscn

Paul

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry no glossy leaflets yet but I do have some more launch meeting leaflets. for the Leeds game.

I'm travelling back up from London on Virgin West Coast so goodness knows what time i'll make it.

However I am to be in the BLUE ZONE of the BBE Car park from6.30pm to 7.15 pm for any keen leafletters.

VW Bora PL52 DYU in a nice mucky black colour.

Edited by preston blue

.....has that been put to a democratic vote yet? 

No, obviously as BRISA hasn't even officially launched yet, it hasn't. But, when it does, I don't think there will be a problem.

wink.gif ...just being devilish thumbs-up.gif

Firstly I think BRISA is a good idea and commend those who have worked very hard to get it off the ground - well done. But now your asking for cash - so for my fiver answer me this:-

I see BRISA already has a spokesperson, necessary I agree.

Now who decides what the BRISA line is going to be after all one thing that visiting this board has told me is that not all Rovers fans agree.

One example and I choose this as it is recent and contentious - "The Cisse leg chant" - what would have been BRISA's opinion when contacted by the daily mirror regarding those "sick" chants?

I don’t see how one organisation can represent the views of all the fans and I'm concerned that the more PC members of the board tend to be more "get up and go types" and hence are likely to be the ones wielding the power within BRISA - that said I accept that it is a fully democratic forum and if that situation occurs then its the fault of those reluctant individuals.

I will however say that efforts should be made to engage and be representative of the reluctant and I hope BRISA operates with more tolerance than the message board.

Now who decides what the BRISA line is going to be after all one thing that visiting this board has told me is that not all Rovers fans agree.

At the end of the day, it would be whoever the media manage to contact about any issue (likely the media member of the committee). I would hope that the BRISA committee would try and come up with some sort of response between them and contact a few members before publishing anything, however sometimes a comment is needed ASAP and that isnt practical.

What does your fiver give you ? Well it gives you a chance to vote somebody you find less PC onto the committee. ALL members will be given the opportunity to decide on which approach an ISA should take.

I will however say that efforts should be made to engage and be representative of the reluctant and I hope BRISA operates with more tolerance than the message board.

355955[/snapback]

Are you volunteering Oscar?

Feel free to join up and stand for election, I am more than aware of several members of the steeing committee who want to get this off the ground and then simply be members....

One example and I choose this as it is recent and contentious - "The Cisse leg chant" - what would have been BRISA's opinion when contacted by the daily mirror regarding those "sick" chants?

355955[/snapback]

None of us know what BRISA's response would have been because we don't exist yet. It is a great question though.

Without answering it directly, I would say that IMO, BRISA shouldn't fall into the trap of telling it's members what to do. Simple as that.

Short answer, but that's how I see things. For the reasons you brought that point up, it's important that we get the media side of things right.

Incidentally, what would your response have been, if you had been BRISA spokesperson? smile.gif

Went into the Aqueduct after tonight's game (great result but first half was lacking, as for the Brum game?). Some Ewood Blues felt the halftime spiel from the BRISA representative and Graham Liver was more than a little biased towards what would be expected as the club's official line, especially using the club's media etc .... it is VERY important to stress at the launch the INDEPENDENCE of BRISA, even if that results in a slightly mixed message. Please remember there is no authorative RIGHT answer, not even utterances of the steering committee.

As Den alludes, the BRISA thing is NOT owned by those instrumental in getting it off the ground...what is the position of the ex-OSAs or current-ISAs in relation to BRISA, are they on board or not?

Forget Jack Straw and Wayne Hemingway, Birdy's positive comments would be invaluable if we are not going to fall into the 'Life of Brian' trap.

I finally got a leaflet last night( Sat in JW upper(£12-nice view)). Also saw the interview at half time, and heard Livers reading of the leaflet too. Much better promotional work there.

Two questions, one how long is the meeting expected to run tomorrow, and two will there be sandwiches(should I have me tea first?)?

Went into the Aqueduct after tonight's game (great result but first half was lacking, as for the Brum game?). Some Ewood Blues felt the halftime spiel from the BRISA representative and Graham Liver was more than a little biased towards what would be expected as the club's official line, especially using the club's media etc .... it is VERY important to stress at the launch the INDEPENDENCE of BRISA, even if that results in a slightly mixed message. Please remember there is no authorative RIGHT answer, not even utterances of the steering committee.

As Den alludes, the BRISA thing is NOT owned by those instrumental in getting it off the ground...what is the position of the ex-OSAs or current-ISAs in relation to BRISA, are they on board or not?

Forget Jack Straw and Wayne Hemingway, Birdy's positive comments would be invaluable if we are not going to fall into the 'Life of Brian' trap.

356022[/snapback]

I wouldn't read too much into this. In the 'cold light of day' wink.gif , I'm sure BEB will realise that a little criticism is inevitable with owt new. A fine effort by all to date. Press on guys - nearly there.

I finally got a leaflet last night( Sat in JW upper(£12-nice view)). Also saw the interview at half time, and heard Livers reading of the leaflet too. Much better promotional work there.

Two questions, one how long is the meeting expected to run tomorrow, and two will there be sandwiches(should I have me tea first?)?

356073[/snapback]

First question is a little tricky - depends on the Q and A's, but 9ish was mentioned?

Second, Blues cater normally until mid evening.

356073[/snapback]

Was the guy who gave you a leaflet a good looking young man? If so, it wasn't me.

If not, it could have been me.

Why hasnt John Williams improved the Blackburn Rovers brand and its standing not least amongst the Blackburn community but the far wider reaching audience of Lancashire.

What does BRISA think it can do to improve this or is it an opportunity for Willaims to brain storm ideas from the Brisa forum that the fans forum and himself have failed to come up with.

Cant wait to see some of the ideas put forward, got plenty myself though a winning team makes all the difference which seems to be what Mark Hughes and his staff are currently achieving .

I entered via turnstile H, where upon two gentleman where handing out the leaflets. One was sightly older than t`other, who looked fairly ###### off! Wasn`t you Den??

356149[/snapback]

The one nearest the turnstiles was me, Oz. Wasn't you who bollocked me because there was a guy outside who's ticket wasn't being accepted, was it Oz? laugh.gif

Incidentally, what would your response have been, if you had been BRISA spokesperson? smile.gif

356005[/snapback]

On that one "No comment" - which granted is somewhat defeatist.

Are you volunteering Oscar?

Feel free to join up and stand for election, I am more than aware of several members of the steering committee who want to get this off the ground and then simply be members

356005[/snapback]

Walked into that one - unfortunately not, while I am in admiration of those who have got off their arse's and got BRISA going, the arena of politics is not for me.

You have however signed up another member. The answers were honest and that’s good enough for me.

I don’t see how one organisation can represent the views of all the fans and I'm concerned that the more PC members of the board tend to be more "get up and go types" and hence are likely to be the ones wielding the power within BRISA - that said I accept that it is a fully democratic forum and if that situation occurs then its the fault of those reluctant individuals.

355955[/snapback]

If you're concerned that the average beer-swilling chant-singing industial-language-using dingle-baiting pie-eating breast-loving terrace-missing bloke isn't represented, then I think it's safe to point out that there are several of us close to that make up who are involved smile.gif .

If you're concerned that the average beer-swilling chant-singing industial-language-using dingle-baiting pie-eating breast-loving terrace-missing bloke isn't represented, then I think it's safe to point out that there are several of us close to that make up who are involved smile.gif .

356210[/snapback]

thumbs-up.gif

I cant think who you mean Glenn wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.