SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Asscn

Paul

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're concerned that the average beer-swilling chant-singing industial-language-using dingle-baiting pie-eating breast-loving terrace-missing bloke isn't represented, then I think it's safe to point out that there are several of us close to that make up who are involved smile.gif .

356210[/snapback]

That's good to know.

1. Welcome

2. What is an ISA?

3. Why a BRISA ?

4. Why am I involved?

5. GUEST SPEAKER: Mark Longden, Chair IMUSA (Man Utd)

"The Challenges Faced by IMUSA, and the Differnce that IMUSA has made on Behalf of Man Utd Fans".

6. The next steps and engaging BRFC

7. OPEN SESSION

8. What next?

The intial agenda was as follows, there will be BRISA people around for most of the night afterwards.

Is there anything to be lost by Rovers giving the Asian community top half of the Darwen end ?

I know its not integration, but if Rovers allocate on the same fee paying basis as other areas then surely so long as it is tried and fails then Rovers can draw a line under it.

Is there anything to be lost by Rovers giving the Asian community top half of the Darwen end ?

Sorry I don't understand, why would you want to do that? I think that the emphisis should be getting more people to the ground and getting them to feel comfortable sitting anywhere they want to!!

Edited by roversactive

Sorry I don't understand, why would you want to do that? I think that the emphisis should be getting more people to the ground and getting them to feel comfortable sitting anywhere they want to!!

356631[/snapback]

Apparently the Asian community had asked for their own stand or their own area of the ground to a previous stadium manager, thats why ive brought it up.

Apparently the Asian community had asked for their own stand or their own area of the ground to a previous stadium manager, thats why ive brought it up.

356633[/snapback]

never mind all this ###### ###### about educating us white folk about excepting asian people into our society and football ground, because by the above statement it is not us who does not want to intigrate into their society, it is they who are not interested.....so i go back to a thread that was quite a while ago now - the FA,Government and whoever else is involved with this 'kick racism out of football'......take your advertisements at our grounds, in the newspapers, on television and on radio and go and shove them down the throats of anybody who is not a white fella, because that is exactly waht you are doing to the average white man/woman/child. i bet they don't have adverts up in mosques around the uk? i bet they don't have these adds in the asian newspapers and on asian radio or television. i would like somebody to prove me wrong on this so i can hold my hand up..and say "i was wrong"....but if this is not the case then those folk who are running this campaign can go and shove it where the sun don't shine.

jal - i am generalising and not a direct responce of your post smile.gif

Can I just congratulate everyone concerned with last night and the launch of BRISA.The speakers came across very well in a situation that is not easy infront of so many people....a decentish turnout that bodes well for the future.

Apologies for my early exit but a nightshift in Dingleville was calling!

I had to leave straight away last night. Am I allowed to come to the next meeting at the Watersedge even though I`m not on the committee? I was the one who asked about clarification on the pronounciation of the the name BRISA. (Breyesir it is!)

Would have liked to have stayed and talked more, but couldn`t. Enjoyed the night, but felt more could have been said about the structure and workings of BRISA, rather than getting into all the different issues that it will be tackling. A meeting or two to soon to be getting everyone to shout out their own bugbears.

Thought the United guy was quite cool too, not too patronising and obviously from Manchester too!

I have my views on the Asian comments too, but will keep my powder dry on that one for now.

I joined last week via posting a cheque, not heard anything back yet? Should I expect to?

Finally, inflation must be running at Brazillian rates in Blues Bar- 7.30pm Pint of Carling £1.80. 8.30pm, price had soared to £2.40!!! Jeez!

Very much so. Hope people didnt think I hogged the mike (I was the one with the supid hair cut, according to our esteemed chairman!), my mates seemed to place me as group spokesman!

Great night.

356722[/snapback]

Matty, I think I said "dodgy hair cut" rather than "stupid hair cut". Anyhow thanks very much for what were some very good and challenging points that you raised, we could do with more fans like you who are prepared to get off their backsides and want to make a difference. tinykit.gif

I must say I was NOT surprised to see not one Asian face at the meeting,we bang on about trying to attract Asian fans to Ewood from within the town but apart from the odd one or two the interest is simply not there.

Thursday's meeting was well publicised and would have been an ideal opportunity for their community to get invovled and have their say and show support.....they clearly choose not to.

The club/BRISA imho are flogging a dead horse in trying to attract the numbers of Asian supporters we need down to Ewood on matchday...it will simply never happen.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

it will if they get interested in football

ie: a local asian lad playing for rovers or something

the talent is out their, many of them do not bother playing for teams though

357359[/snapback]

The talent.... isnt out there, which world are you living in slater-scott ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.