BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sick

sambo

I have been trying to point out to any that are still able to understand, the difference between a caring society and a selfish and confrontational society.

"to any that are still able to understand".....that`s not a very caring statement, infact it may be deemed as selfish & downright confrontational. wink.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bloody football match, not a tea party. The suggestions that these chants were counterproductive because they encouraged the player to play harder are farcical - if he wasnt playing his best to start with then he deserves to have the mickey taken out of him all the more.

p.s. I'm crying because someone booed that nice Richard Chaplow the other week for being an ex-Burnley player. Better not do that in case you upset him and then people might not like Rovers any more. Grow up!

354046[/snapback]

What the bloody hell does "it's a football match, not a tea party" mean? yes, I know that it's a bit robust, and you expect mickey-taking, but where do you draw the line? Bricks through a coach window ("it's not a tea party, mate")?

Why can't people get to grips with what the argument is? Let's simplify it:

- ######-taking at football is good, if there was no banter it would be boring.

- Taking the ###### out of someone for suffering an injury that nearly resulted in the loss of a leg is boorish, moronic and unfunny. Only someone with two brain cells would find it amusing.

Er ... that seems to be it. Why do people have to be so black and white about it? It's a bit more subtle than "oh, so you don't like humour at football, let's get sarcastic and narky against these horrible PC types". See if you can get to grips with it.

I remember singing "you're just a new age traveller" at Ian Marshall, now that was funny. But then it required a bit of imagination, and knowing your typical chav, it wouldn't occur to them. Hence a "lowest common denominator" chant. What's next, "Stubbsy, how's your ball?"

I didn`t go to the liverpool game, nor did i hear the chants.....i only heard about them through this messageboard (like most people on here did)

If i would`ve been at the game, i wouldn`t have joined in the chants, but i personally don`t have a problem with it. wink.gif

• 7 months later...

Anyone seen that the guy has broken his foot once again, a similar situation like the McEveley one. Not saying he has a "glass leg" or anything, but he must have some pretty poor bone structure.

I can only imagine how horrible it must feel happening on the verge of such an important moment in any footballer's career. :(

It might even affect the move that he was apparently set to make back to France.

Cisse had some harsh words for Rovers fans but wouldn't it be nice if Rovers supporters could show them what we're really made off and send him a letter of support.

bad luck for the lad . it has just said hes snapped his shin same as before :(

It was his right leg this time. Against Rovers he snapped his left shin.

Whats the odds of him coming back this time? Can't be good.

It's a shame really he was a good player, despite his poor stay at Liverpool. Alway sad to see such possibly career ending injuries.

Edited by Rainmaker

I'm all for Rover6' suggestion. Probably a lot of cynics on here who'll go on about massive wages, "not our responsibility" and so on - and they are right. However, as I said, I am very positive to a letter of support, it can only be good both for the player and for our reputation for that matter. Good luck, and I hope you have a speedy recovery, Mr.Cissè.

Cisse injury will affect Pool summer transfer plans. Bellamy bid more or less likely?

Just what I was thinking.

On the one hand they may need another striker. On the other hand they may have been hoping to utilise any funds from his sale and getting him off the wage bill.

Also does it affect Pongolle's situation at Anfield any?

slightly of topic here about cisse but i heard this song the other day, in the tune of jonny cash

doh doh doh doh doh!!!

de de de de de de

michael shields got 15 years

doh doh doh doh doh

stuck in jail being bummed by queers

de de de de de de

15 years and no parole

doh doh doh doh doh

he's going to have a sore ass hole

de de de de de de

taxi for presty

• Backroom

slightly of topic here about cisse but i heard this song the other day, in the tune of jonny cash

Johnny Cash has never been in tune !! :D but what song was it to?

its ring of fire, and Presty if you get locked up for something dont expect any sympathy

well do you think he is guilty?

i'm just sharing the knowledge and if i had done something like that which i hope and think for certain will never happen, then you don't deserve any sympathy for dropping a brick on a innocent blokes head do you or for any crime you do!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.