BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sick

sambo

There's plenty of evidence that says he didn't do it - like the confession from that Sankey fella for one. What happened to Michael Shields could happen to pretty much any football fan: any one of us here could follow Rovers away in the UEFA next season and be caught up in something like that.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's plenty of evidence that says he didn't do it - like the confession from that Sankey fella for one. What happened to Michael Shields could happen to pretty much any football fan: any one of us here could follow Rovers away in the UEFA next season and be caught up in something like that.

correct. shields' mate confessed days later, once he'd become riddled with guilt! that's friendship for you. who'dve ever thought a scouser could behave like that! :P

What I heard was the withdrawn confession wasn't quite so clear cut, presty. He amended it to say he couldn't be sure, it could have been some other bloke that he bricked (rather than the one Mr Shields got convicted for doing). Hence Mr Shields can't be acquitted on that.

I can only imagine how horrible it must feel happening on the verge of such an important moment in any footballer's career. :(

It might even affect the move that he was apparently set to make back to France.

Cisse had some harsh words for Rovers fans but wouldn't it be nice if Rovers supporters could show them what we're really made off and send him a letter of support.

That is a great suggestion Rover6; the poor guy must be devastated right now wondering if this means the end of his career. How do we make it happen? Should it be sent by and on behalf of BRFCS? Or if not, then how?

That is a great suggestion Rover6; the poor guy must be devastated right now wondering if this means the end of his career. How do we make it happen? Should it be sent by and on behalf of BRFCS? Or if not, then how?

Perfect opportunity for BRISA to step in.

Yes you're right Eddie; BRISA is the perfect choice for this. So how do we put this suggestion to them?

send them an email?

But then how would you publicise the letter without sounding, well, smarmy? Just sending out a press release effectivelysaying "we have sent Cisse a letter of condolence" might well come accross as being a tacit admission of guilt and an opportunistic way of scoring good publicity points on the back of a serious injury that had no relation to our club.

Maybe I am being over sensitive though.

send them an email?

But then how would you publicise the letter without sounding, well, smarmy? Just sending out a press release effectivelysaying "we have sent Cisse a letter of condolence" might well come accross as being a tacit admission of guilt and an opportunistic way of scoring good publicity points on the back of a serious injury that had no relation to our club.

Maybe I am being over sensitive though.

Hmmm..... Never thought of it that way. But you're right it could be misconstrued. Perhaps better left to individuals to act independently as they wish.

Whilst I don't wish the guy any harm at all and hope he makes a full recovery I really don't see the need for this sort of "Blackburn Rovers fans wish you well" thing.

He has no affinity to or connection with the club whatsoever. Would he give two hoots if any of us broke our leg? Of course not (and rightly so). Would we be clamouring for BRISA to issue a sympathy message if an average joe broke his leg playing pub football in Stanley Park? Of course not. (And rightly so again)

He's a professional football player, and as such injuries are an occupational hazard. Life goes on.

If people want to send their best wishes on an individual level that's a different matter entirely. No problem with that at all.

Normally I would agree Rev, but due to the actions of some of the supporters during the match at Anfield I think we have a bit of making up to do. Whilst I am not personally a fan of Cisse and don't really mind that he has broken his leg, though I obviously wish him all the best and don't like to see it happen to anyone, I believe it is because of this that such an action by BRISA would be quite nice.

Cisse had some harsh words for Rovers fans but wouldn't it be nice if Rovers supporters could show them what we're really made off and send him a letter of support.

To be honest, it`s a terrible shame for Cisse, but it`s one of the hazzards of the job....just like a lorry driver runs a higher risk of crashing. I personally don`t think sending him a card will change the way Cisse thinks about BRFC or it`s fans. Call me harsh, but all he will be thinking about is his carreer prospects & his wages still being paid.

As a committee member of BRISA, and I stress this is only my personal view, I'd say that anyone who wants to pass on their best wishes to Cisse should do so individually. BRISA are there to represent the wishes of the majority of Rovers fans - I'm not sure you'd get a majority here.

:rover: michael sheilds is guilty why do you think his family paid 70k to get his jail sentence reduced,our trip to europe may be marred with a similar incident,fans have to realise not only do we represent our clubs abroad but our country,and thats gone down the swanny. :brfc:

Back to the topic of sick chants, there are plenty going round and have been for years and years. What about all the inbred chants United fans aim at us, 'You're going down on your sister' etc. Maybe thats not too sick just insulting!

I heard quite a lot of sick chants on the train to Cardiff for the Worthington Cup final. On my train (that I got on at Crewe) there was Spurs fans in one carriage and all the rest of the carriages were filled with Rovers fans. Such chants as 'Gas the Jews, Gas the Jews, Gas the Jews' were aimed at the Spurs fans with replies featuring the asian population of Blackburn and what they do with white girls !!!

Edited by jamiebrfc

How unfortunate. Dribil's legs are about as sturdy as lolly sticks. After seeing that picture, I'm amazed at how all the initial reports said 'suspected' broken leg - as if he might have just twisted something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.