BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea 4 Blackburn Rovers 2

Im going.

Had booked flights and hotel anyway so figured might as well blow the food budget and the xmas fund of two match tickets - £98 including booking fee.

Plus two days and nights in London, gonna be pricey.

355610[/snapback]

Stu, you should bring a banner saying, 'I cancelled X-Mass for this' tongue.gif

Edited by greggyk

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living down the road, this is the biggest game of the year for me. Which never used to be a problem as we had a great record at the Bridge.

If it's anything like last year I might have to go into hiding. I actually think that this game means so much to Hughes as a young manager going head to head against the best around that we should compete this time. I hope.

2-2 With Duff and Robben scoring for them, MGP and Kuqi for us.

Although I have the fear of after losing the 100% start Chelsea will be wanting to get back on form, but if Everton can hold them to a draw then after the Old Trafford result, I don't see why we can't do something similar, if we play with a similar style of play. Otherwise it could be damage limitation. Although with Bellamy on the bench and Nelsen out it's going to be a tough one, but if we can stand up to the likes of Man.U, Liverpool and Chelsea and give a good account of ourselves then we're in for a good season.

Could be (hopefully) a close game.

When Everton were 1-0 up on Saturday I was praying Chelsea would at least equalise otherwise Chelsea would have been well and truly fired up for this weekend. As it is a draw might just slow their momentum a tad without the need to bounce back from a defeat. rolleyes.gif

Someone will end Chelsea's long unbeaten run sometime, there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be us this weekend. From what I've seen of them Lampard poses a fair proportion of their attacking threat by bursting through from midfield so maybe Savage or Mokoena can perform an effective man marking job.

The better the standard of opposition the more important it is Bellamy plays so if fit it's imperative he starts on Saturday IMO. From what I've heard Villa gave Chelski them their best game this season by having a right go at them so as at the Theatre of Merchandising maybe 4-4-2 might be as effective as anything.

Not saying we'll win but there's no reason to suggest it won't be a close game. Certainly not the 4-0 thrashing of the demoralised mob Souness left behind last season.

Optimistically 1-1. (Bellamy)

Hmmm.............. we are a whopping 15/1 to win with Betfair with 5/1 the draw. (0-0 is also 15/1) Think I'll have some of that. Well worth a fiver or two. thumbs-up.gif

Well its another satdy night over here in OZ where i can venture out in my rovers clothing.......

I'm expecting an interesting game with a rovers 2-1 win

I can't see us holding chelsea to a clean sheet

lampard for them from a dodgy free kick decision.

Bellamy x 2 for us. coming off the bench in about the 60th.

Yes another Sat night in front of the box for Aussie viewers Wigan V Fulham, Chelski V Rovers then Middlesbrough V Man U. Starting 7.30 Western Fox Sports 2.

If we take anything out of this game it will be a brilliant achievement I will settle for a point and finishing the game with 11 players on the pitch please!

I have a feeling Drogba will destroy Todd.  Todd's not good enough in the air to deal with Drogba's aerial threat.

355775[/snapback]

I hate to win an argument through the Rovers losing but Drogba has destroyed much better players than Todd- look at what he did to Carragher at Anfield!

This is the match in the season when we will really miss the extra class of Nelsen.

Zura won't be a match for Drogba's physical presence either.

Analysis of Everton's approach to Sunday's game v Chelsea. Of course, it could be argued that Hughes invented this tactic in last season's game at Ewood.

Perhaps Hughes will adjust his game plan of keeping it tight for the first 15. If I were Mourinho, I'd wind up my lads to give Rovers a right going over in the opening stages of the game and certainly have Robben or Wright-Philips on from the start to expose Gray. Chelsea have now shipped the opening goal of the game in three of their last four games and I bet Mourinho doesn't fancy repeating that against us.

Edited by philipl

Analysis of Everton's approach to Sunday's game v Chelsea. Of course, it could be argued that Hughes invented this tactic in last season's game at Ewood.

355783[/snapback]

My thoughts too, Philipl.

If we play in their faces, give them no room, we could snatch a point.

We are probably one of the fitter teams in the prem, so we could go the distance despite being run around.

By the way, Chelsea fans are expecting more of our 'carve up' tactics.

'Dirty Northern .......?'

Funny how we are such a disgusting side, yet they are hoping for Essien to be 'unleashed' and wish Wise was playing to sort us out. Is there a club in world football that makes you sick more? Spolit, arrogant Jonny come lately fans, rip off owners. BRING IT ON!

Edited by Mattyblue

Wow, I hope Sparky puts that up on the dressing room wall. Chelsea fans I have spoken to are very nervous about this one. Before our humiliation last year, Rovers hadn't lost away at Chelsea in donkey's years (apart from that play-off thrashing we took) and we regularly won there as well- Blackburn are their number one bogey side.

They know what a hugely difficult game they had at Ewood last season (and admit they wouldn't have won had Dickov scored that penalty) and see this one as being a massive test following the Everton draw.

As one of them put it, "draws against Everton and Blackburn then lose against United and its game on again for the Premiership title and we don't want that."

Will be interesting to see what sort of side Mourinho puts out against Charlton on Wednesday night. That will be a huge test of their quadruple ambitions so I think he will be relatively sparing in terms of putting too many of his lower ranking squad members on the pitch. Hopefully Charlton will give them a real run around and take them to extra time.

Please will somebody send that page to John Williams or somebody so Hughes can pin that up. Silly as it seems, it is a missed opportunity if we don't, as that could inspire our very best football and ensure we show them who is boss...

Sure one or two people on here could sort that out?? (The email that is)

One thing for sure is that we won't be able to restrict this team to one weedy shot on target as we did with Brum. So to get anything from the game will require Brad to deliver some out of the ordinary saves, especially from long range potshots and freekicks. If he does that, the fitness of the rest of the team gives us a shot, if he doesn't, we'll get hammered.

I have not forgiven them for our 1-0 win at Ewood Park

unsure.gif "not forgiven them for our win?"

wacko.gif

Oh, diddums! Did nasty Blackburn spoil your nice game then?

If my memory serves me well, they got away with a fair bit themselves.

Sweet would be a win but alas, I fear it is not to be. dry.gif

I'd like to see us Jekyll and Hyde this one. Come out lined up 4-5-1 and be physical for the first 15 or so, just to plant it in their heads. Then flip the switch and have a real go at 'em. The key here to me is Bellamy, he has to be fit and we have to find a way to feed him the ball to break through the Chelsea rearguard. If we can do that I think we have a chance. My biggest worry is that the Admiral is not going to be there to steady the ship at the back and I think that will cost us.

Really hope Duff is still not back from injury for this game. He's bound to score again.

Probably spit in our faces again by kissing the Chelski badge like last season AT EWOOD FFS!!!

what a w@nker!

355902[/snapback]

He's just kissing his wallet, as my father says wink.gif

I have a feeling Drogba will destroy Todd.  Todd's not good enough in the air to deal with Drogba's aerial threat.

355775[/snapback]

I agree...but, apparently a yellow card for Drogba in this match would see him ruled out of the Manchester United game, so there's a very high posibility that we'll see Hernan Crespo playing instead. The same also goes for Makelele, so he could be benched too.

Therefore...we could be looking at a Chelsea side without any of their first choice forward 3 playing and the midfielder which Mourinho described as their 'player of the season' last year...

...so, if Cech, Terry, Lampard and Essien manage to make themselves unavailable for selection between now and Saturday I'd say we stand a pretty good chance of stealing a point.

unsure.gif

Edited by LeChuck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.